Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shooting Wedding (1st time)

Default Re: Shooting Wedding (1st time)

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I see it. I think it is just a problem with tagging/labeling

24-85VR, 24-120VR all there.
    But 24-85 is shorter than 24-120. Was hoping there is a 7x+ zoom lens like 24-180. There is a bit gap from 24-120 to 28-300. So i am basically stuck with 24-120/f4 as my only choice. But some ppl said it's not very good lens at the other thread about this lens. Guess i will just make do.

Side note, if you filter the nikon lens webpage to FX, the 12-120/3.5-5.6 is not there. It appears under the DX listing. Is it a DX lens? Or they made a mistake? The full name of the lens doesn't have "DX" in it so i guess it is an FX lens. The 24-120/4 isn't listed at all, even with all the filters turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by sje4182 View Post
    Side note, if you filter the nikon lens webpage to FX, the 12-120/3.5-5.6 is not there. It appears under the DX listing. Is it a DX lens? Or they made a mistake? The full name of the lens doesn't have "DX" in it so i guess it is an FX lens. The 24-120/4 isn't listed at all, even with all the filters turned off.
    This site? http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pro...ses/index.page

It's listed right there under FX:

The 3.5-5.6 shouldn't appear at all, it was reaplced by the f4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sje4182 View Post
    But 24-85 is shorter than 24-120. Was hoping there is a 7x+ zoom lens like 24-180. There is a bit gap from 24-120 to 28-300. So i am basically stuck with 24-120/f4 as my only choice. But some ppl said it's not very good lens at the other thread about this lens. Guess i will just make do.

If there is a 24-180 or 24-200, it will definitely not be a F4 fixed aperture lens...

If there is a 24-180 or 24-200, it will definitely not be a F4 fixed aperture lens...
    I be the first to buy if its 2.8, and I dun have to carry so many len and cam during shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit-Kat-Lover View Post
    I be the first to buy if its 2.8, and I dun have to carry so many len and cam during shoot.
    Sure...You must have very strong arms then..
    And how much are you willing to pay if they make 1 of those?

Yeah I know but I would be fine with f3.5-5.6.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post

This site? http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pro...ses/index.page

It's listed right there under FX:

The 3.5-5.6 shouldn't appear at all, it was reaplced by the f4.
    I was looking at sg site:
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/produc...s/nikkor.page?

When is the wedding date? Got time to practice?
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    When is the wedding date? Got time to practice?
    About a month from now. Am currently learning/practising. Had a company event last night at a boat quay bar. Was very dark inside so shot everything with flash and the pics turned out alright. So I feel more confident working with flash now.

For a wedding/dinner/indoor shoot, the most important equipment to me is a powerful and reliable flash gun, plenty of batteries or better still, a power pack. Memory cards and backup cards. Use one main lens to keep things simple. If you have a 2nd body, maybe a fixed 24mm/28mm equiv would be useful.

if you're interested on good zoom lens..you can try sigma 28 300mm...But the size and weight is incredible...hahahahha

A Wedding is very different from a company event. So be prepared.

Since its ur first attempt, take it easy and simple. One len one flash one cam .. dun be fanciful .. its not about the technical aspect of equipment, rather its about capturing the important moment properly .. u might be tired out halfway in the wedding if u lug along too many cam and len .. end up u will be to tired to shoot.

(Fyi, wedding usually happen in crampy hdb room with lots of ppl and NO aircon .. smoke somemore if parent light joss stick .. its totally differeny from company event. Gate crushing usually will sweat u out as u will be crush by the bros when u squeeze by the gate to shoot. Well jusy remeber, its a sweaty and tired event so make urself comfortable .. loose pant and cooling shirt is best)

Dun stress urself about the creative or artistic photo u need to produce, its not the right time for u at the moment.

Bro, weddings are their once-in-a-lifetime. Good luck to you and try to be alert and focused at all times.
    I will suggest you not to only think about the lens, but also bear in mind that a backup body is as important.
    As a precaution in any bad cases..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345