I hate to waste my precious time blabbering about poor service.
But after two Canon technician spoke to me, it really motivated me to pick up the pen to write.
I am a new customer of Canon. I just bought a Pixma Pro-100 and a Canon Image Class MF8010Cn. Both are new and less than 4 weeks old.
1) I ran into printing problem with the Pro-100. I sent an email to Canon. No response. I wrote an email to Canon Learning Academy (email@example.com) on 1s August 2013. No reply even till today.
2) I ran into problems with the Laser Printer and sent email an enquiry. A technician called me the next day. He was in a hurry. He didnt want to hear my description of the problem. He repeated himself 3 times to me to download the driver. (My problem wasnt even the driver!).
3) Next, he insisted on the phone that i should treat the case as 'closed' and open a new case if it is not solved (hey! you just called me, problem not solved. Are you on quota or what? You need to accumulate cases to look good?).
I managed to figure out the problem myself and never called them back.
4) Today, i tried to scan with the MF8010CN with my Macbook. The Mac doesnt detect! I suspect that this SGD 599 product is not designed for MAC even though they have the driver.
5) I tried to send an email telling Canon my problems. www.Canon.com.sg doesnt have an enquiry form! The closest one they have is 'On-site repair'! (Hey! i dont need on-site repair).
6) I found Canon-asia.com.sg, sent them an online enquiry But DUH! it showed a blank page which says 'Invalid Response'.
7) I called Canon SIngapore at 6799 8888. A person called Mr R picked up. I kindly told him of the broken link. He says to use Canon.com.sg. I said, there isnt a generic web form. He says to use form called 'On-site service'. I said 'I dont want 'on-site service'. He said, 'You should have called, like what you are doing now'.
I asked him what about the broken link on www.canon-asia.com.sg. He said he didnt know. I asked him who owns canon-asia.com.sg? He says something like he doesnt know. I should just use www.canon.com.sg and my problems should be solved!
And so this whole thing wasnt getting anywhere. I thought Canon was hopeless. I told him to pass me to his supervisor. He said 'what for?' I then told him i am gg to call his managing director for Canon, Mr Mr Kensaku Konishi.
Lucky he put me to this person Mr E from 'Customer Delight'. Mr E sounded young and nervous but he could tell me the proper customer service steps and the actions he would take.
I told him my range of problems from the start to the finished. He told me he would look into it.
Meanwhile, for all the design/ mac colleagues out there who is buying a printer, Canon Image Class MF8010CN is not Mac friendly! I detect the Printer and i cant scan! I hated the fact that I hurt my back while carrying it out. In addition, i may have to throw away this new machine or let go at cheap and totally wasted my time with an unenjoyable Canon product. I never was a Canon customer. In 4 weeks, they may have made a permanent damage to my impression on them.
Since it is 15 mins passed 1800 hrs that i spoke to Mr E from Canon 'Customer Delight', i would give this 24 hours before i make my next comment.