Thread: Am i expecting too much from Canon?

Default Am i expecting too much from Canon?

I hate to waste my precious time blabbering about poor service.

But after two Canon technician spoke to me, it really motivated me to pick up the pen to write.

I am a new customer of Canon. I just bought a Pixma Pro-100 and a Canon Image Class MF8010Cn. Both are new and less than 4 weeks old.

1) I ran into printing problem with the Pro-100. I sent an email to Canon. No response. I wrote an email to Canon Learning Academy (cal@canon.com.sg) on 1s August 2013. No reply even till today.

2) I ran into problems with the Laser Printer and sent email an enquiry. A technician called me the next day. He was in a hurry. He didnt want to hear my description of the problem. He repeated himself 3 times to me to download the driver. (My problem wasnt even the driver!).

3) Next, he insisted on the phone that i should treat the case as 'closed' and open a new case if it is not solved (hey! you just called me, problem not solved. Are you on quota or what? You need to accumulate cases to look good?).

I managed to figure out the problem myself and never called them back.

4) Today, i tried to scan with the MF8010CN with my Macbook. The Mac doesnt detect! I suspect that this SGD 599 product is not designed for MAC even though they have the driver.

5) I tried to send an email telling Canon my problems. www.Canon.com.sg doesnt have an enquiry form! The closest one they have is 'On-site repair'! (Hey! i dont need on-site repair).

6) I found Canon-asia.com.sg, sent them an online enquiry But DUH! it showed a blank page which says 'Invalid Response'.

7) I called Canon SIngapore at 6799 8888. A person called Mr R picked up. I kindly told him of the broken link. He says to use Canon.com.sg. I said, there isnt a generic web form. He says to use form called 'On-site service'. I said 'I dont want 'on-site service'. He said, 'You should have called, like what you are doing now'.

I asked him what about the broken link on www.canon-asia.com.sg. He said he didnt know. I asked him who owns canon-asia.com.sg? He says something like he doesnt know. I should just use www.canon.com.sg and my problems should be solved!

And so this whole thing wasnt getting anywhere. I thought Canon was hopeless. I told him to pass me to his supervisor. He said 'what for?' I then told him i am gg to call his managing director for Canon, Mr Mr Kensaku Konishi.

Lucky he put me to this person Mr E from 'Customer Delight'. Mr E sounded young and nervous but he could tell me the proper customer service steps and the actions he would take.

I told him my range of problems from the start to the finished. He told me he would look into it.

Meanwhile, for all the design/ mac colleagues out there who is buying a printer, Canon Image Class MF8010CN is not Mac friendly! I detect the Printer and i cant scan! I hated the fact that I hurt my back while carrying it out. In addition, i may have to throw away this new machine or let go at cheap and totally wasted my time with an unenjoyable Canon product. I never was a Canon customer. In 4 weeks, they may have made a permanent damage to my impression on them.

Since it is 15 mins passed 1800 hrs that i spoke to Mr E from Canon 'Customer Delight', i would give this 24 hours before i make my next comment.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Default Re: Am i expecting too much from Canon?

30 mins passed 1800 hrs.

I got a call from one of the Customer Service Helpdesk, Mr K. Perhaps he was pre-warned. The first thing that he said was, "Let me listen to you first".

Anyway I was told that an additional software (Canon's own) is needed to run to use the product. Mac doesnt quite detect the Canon Laser Printer MF8010Cn. For all who is using Canon MF8000 series. Please take note the scanner software link here:

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...100455001.html

I asked Mr K on how to know if my ink level is low. Unfortunately, they dont have an answer. Users just have to wait for the Printer to signal that its empty! Duh!

On the overall i think my experience has been shaken. I think most companies and technology are offering more products and services than they can actually support. Softwares are not developed to run properly with hardware, products go out to the consumer even before they are ready.

Staffs get the bulk of customer's annoyance. Customers get annoyed with staff's inability to provide proper information.

I am sorry if i had caused anyone to stay back late in the office today. But i wasnt sorry to escalate the matter because staff's 'bo chapness' and refusing to listen to what the customer has to say.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Blog Entries

Thanks great feedback .... will forward this link to the guys at Canon as a possible client service case study for future improvement

ed
    Last edited by ed9119; 19th August 2013 at 06:58 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Reply from Canon:

"Date: 20/08/2013 08:30 AM
    Subject: RE: forum member feedback

Hi Ed,

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I'll share this with the service team as well as the printer team.

Regards, "

Hope everything turns out well for you
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast