Thread: blue door

Default blue door

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Nicely done! Zaren! How about doing bird abstracts?
    "A closet Nykon lover"

Quote Originally Posted by wkcheah76
    Nicely done! Zaren! How about doing bird abstracts?
    yeah....shooting birds with my paltry lens....it would take a heck of an imagination to visualise them!

don't mind me saying ... colours are nice but something is very wrong about the picture ... i would experiment with other ways of cropping this though ... how about making the 'yellow border' uniform in thickness? i'm just not sure ...

... paiseh, i'm very disturbed by the picture ... something must be done somehow ... lol ...
    Last edited by eikin; 6th May 2005 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    don't mind me saying ... colours are nice but something is very wrong about the picture ... i would experiment with other ways of cropping this though ... how about making the 'yellow border' uniform in thickness? i'm just not sure ...

... paiseh, i'm very disturbed by the picture ... something must be done somehow ... lol ...
    A meticulous person! I din want to say it.. but yeah cos zaren shot from an angle.. so cannot be straight all over... somewhere will suffer...
    "A closet Nykon lover"

i cropped it this way cos i wanted to exclude the two diagonal steel bars at top right and top left supporting the awning over the door. hmm.....u find the proportions in the pic disturbing? i feel that having a uniform width yellow border would make it the photo even more elongated..... departing more from the golden mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wkcheah76
    A meticulous person! I din want to say it.. but yeah cos zaren shot from an angle.. so cannot be straight all over... somewhere will suffer...
    ok....i'll blame lens distortion here....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    i cropped it this way cos i wanted to exclude the two diagonal steel bars at top right and top left supporting the awning over the door. hmm.....u find the proportions in the pic disturbing? i feel that having a uniform width yellow border would make it the photo even more elongated..... departing more from the golden mean?
    not sure ... i think although this photo looks like a 'straight' and 'normal' photo it NEEDS to break some rule somewhere to make it really really interesting ...

the impact seems to be diluted by the frame in the frame somehow ... unless something is done to that frame ... ... you can take me as talking nonsense if you like to

not sure ... i think although this photo looks like a 'straight' and 'normal' photo it NEEDS to break some rule somewhere to make it really really interesting ...
    ah....i see what u mean.... mebbe having a child peeking out from behind the door....or a cat in the corner of the pic?

ah....i see what u mean.... mebbe having a child peeking out from behind the door....or a cat in the corner of the pic?

can try PS in to see the effect ... need to animate that yellow frame somehow ...

... lucky i didn't take this picture or i'll be staring at it whole day not knowing what's missing i'll hate myself for that

ok ... just trying out something with your photograph ... tweaked the curves for the yellow frame and placed them side by side .... just a mad experiment, hahaha ... can't stand it ... this picture is getting on my nerve

ok ... just trying out something with your photograph ... tweaked the curves for the yellow frame and placed them side by side .... just a mad experiment, hahaha ... can't stand it ... this picture is getting on my nerve

nice work....but why not ps the blue door as well? then u'll have the warholian look in the series.

nice work....but why not ps the blue door as well? then u'll have the warholian look in the series.
    hahaha ... warhol deals with surface culture ... hmmm ... may be interesting, it's your picture, you should try it

hahaha ... warhol deals with surface culture ... hmmm ... may be interesting, it's your picture, you should try it
    enuf of this pic lah.....time to shoot something new!