Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post

    Seriously dude, do you even know why your commenting???
    Yeah i know. Do you?

  2. #42

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Boy....go do your homework

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Yeah i know. Do you?
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  3. #43
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Boy....go do your homework
    No no no... later the boss sack her for doing homework on the job, how? Then have to go back free lance lingerie modeling again... so poor thing rite?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  4. #44

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    No no no... later the boss sack her for doing homework on the job, how? Then have to go back free lance lingerie modeling again... so poor thing rite?
    quite... so sad... i don't like people oogling me

  5. #45

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    went to cafe, 90%+- occupied by student who are "studying."
    At the sofa area which meant for 4 ppl (2 table 4 chairs) was occupied by 2 student each using 1 table, one of them even pushed the sofa back blocking the walkway jus so he can sit on the floor.
    my friend n i bought a drink each, we couldn't find a seat, so we hover around them, they saw us, we even had eye contact, but they immediately act blur and go back to their books.
    since the seats are next to the counter, i approach the manager and ask loudly (So they can hear me) to the manage if he could asked one of them to shift to the other table so that my friend and i could have 1 table.
    They refused. youth these days... haizzzzzz
    Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, if you don't like mine pls ignore and move on.

  6. #46
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by blackster View Post
    since the seats are next to the counter, i approach the manager and ask loudly (So they can hear me) to the manage if he could asked one of them to shift to the other table so that my friend and i could have 1 table.
    They refused. youth these days... haizzzzzz
    I would have done the same. If you can't ask for yourself but need a cashier to babysit you even with asking
    If you had asked directly, friendly, with a smile ... maybe the response would have been different. That's why I do usually and it works well.
    EOS

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    just sweep away the packets of tissue papers on tables
    That will be wasteful.

    Clean the table with it, then throw.

  8. #48

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by blackster View Post
    went to cafe, 90%+- occupied by student who are "studying."
    At the sofa area which meant for 4 ppl (2 table 4 chairs) was occupied by 2 student each using 1 table, one of them even pushed the sofa back blocking the walkway jus so he can sit on the floor.
    my friend n i bought a drink each, we couldn't find a seat, so we hover around them, they saw us, we even had eye contact, but they immediately act blur and go back to their books.
    since the seats are next to the counter, i approach the manager and ask loudly (So they can hear me) to the manage if he could asked one of them to shift to the other table so that my friend and i could have 1 table.
    They refused. youth these days... haizzzzzz
    stupid cafe management. at least at starbucks, there is a policy on the timings that students can use to study (there are those that occupy the tables for hours on end). when they've spent 6 hours and just sitting there, drink glass empty and sipping free water, they can be asked to leave.

    there are also those who just sit at the smoking areas without buying drinks, taking it as a rest point. they can be asked to leave as well.

    first of all, the cafe manager should be smart enough to realize that those students are ruining profits.

  9. #49
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post

    That will be wasteful.

    Clean the table with it, then throw.
    Please respect our culture.

  10. #50
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Bus also:



    Apparently, some one challenged this lady. The lady said that it is normal western culture for people to put their feet up on the seats in trains or buses, and she is an Australian and it is her rights to not want anyone to sit beside her.
    What the lady says is total BS. Really! A disgrace to Australian. I stayed in Australia (Melbourne to be exact) for 3 years and had not once met such an act by the Australian while there. Plus my bro had already migrated to Australia and was staying there for more than 4 years now, I visited him almost every year, took their public transport heaps of time, never seen this type of actions.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Going back to original post. Maybe need to consider the situation. It is outside the hospital operating theatre.
    Presume the people there are close relatives or loved ones of the patients being operated on.
    Thus they are under extreme emotional stress.

    In such situations, they are not their usual selves. They can be in a semi state of shock.

    They may not be aware that they are depriving others of the seat. Cause their minds are worrying about life and death of someone in the family.

    In such cases, can be more forgiving.

  12. #52
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Going back to original post. Maybe need to consider the situation. It is outside the hospital operating theatre.
    Presume the people there are close relatives or loved ones of the patients being operated on.
    Thus they are under extreme emotional stress.

    In such situations, they are not their usual selves. They can be in a semi state of shock.

    They may not be aware that they are depriving others of the seat. Cause their minds are worrying about life and death of someone in the family.

    In such cases, can be more forgiving.
    But like u said, those waiting outside the operating theatre are stressed, so r those standing. I do not think it is forgivable but that is only my view.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #53
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Please respect our culture.
    There is a difference between culture and habits.
    EOS

  14. #54
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Going back to original post. Maybe need to consider the situation. It is outside the hospital operating theatre.
    Presume the people there are close relatives or loved ones of the patients being operated on.
    Thus they are under extreme emotional stress.
    Then the hospital would be wise to keep these people away from the theater. There is no point having relatives and friends hanging around there in groups, blocking the entrance or other important activities. A separate waiting room with soft music and view into a garden is much better than the aisles and corridors of a hospital where the staff has to pass through, often in a hurry and with patients and equipment.
    EOS

  15. #55

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Then the hospital would be wise to keep these people away from the theater. There is no point having relatives and friends hanging around there in groups, blocking the entrance or other important activities. A separate waiting room with soft music and view into a garden is much better than the aisles and corridors of a hospital where the staff has to pass through, often in a hurry and with patients and equipment.
    strangely enough, every time i'm queuing up at the supermarket i notice that when it comes to paying for the groceries, people love to queue with their friends. and the moment their friend reaches the cashier, they all disperse and suddenly the queue gets real short.

    queuing culture, anyone?

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    I would have done the same. If you can't ask for yourself but need a cashier to babysit you even with asking
    If you had asked directly, friendly, with a smile ... maybe the response would have been different. That's why I do usually and it works well.
    U are lucky.
    My friend had an outing with family & relative (big group), with baby pram.
    They want find a place to chit chat.
    Went to cafe, few students studying n chatting in there.
    A pair of students occupied a large sofa seat. That area big enough to have baby pram parked without blocking anyone too. So my friend went over asked them nicely can they move to smaller table so that they can have the seats and enough space for the baby pram?
    One of student replied her ".. Why should I..?"

    Sometime at hospital, at those clinic (not A&E) will see ppl take whole session of newspaper back to the seat and flip, after that they just put paper on seats. Papers n bags "occupied" most of seats at waiting area
    Last edited by huatman; 23rd August 2013 at 12:55 AM.

  17. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

    Please respect our culture.
    You mean lack of it......

  18. #58
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    You mean lack of it......
    it could be source of inspiration for local fight choreographers.

    Sweep the tissue paper to the floor, find other seat at nearby table, and wait. We seldom see auntie cat fight in CH 8.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 23rd August 2013 at 01:50 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  19. #59
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    This photo should be submitted to SBS and used as a campaign poster on our buses. "What not to do when on our bus Why use cartoon and our locals.. let's shame and teach the guilty ones.

  20. #60

    Default Re: selfish people r every where, even in hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    What the lady says is total BS. Really! A disgrace to Australian. I stayed in Australia (Melbourne to be exact) for 3 years and had not once met such an act by the Australian while there. Plus my bro had already migrated to Australia and was staying there for more than 4 years now, I visited him almost every year, took their public transport heaps of time, never seen this type of actions.
    http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...sandalled-feet

    STOMPer Cassaundra was irked by the sight of this woman who put her feet up on a bus seat while wearing sandals.

    The STOMPer said the woman didn't seem to be bothered by the stares she was getting from the rush-hour crowd.

    The STOMPer wrote:

    "This woman placed her feet with sandals on the seat on an SBS bus this morning.

    "It was rush hour at 9am and she was so inconsiderate to occupy two seats on the crowded bus.

    "She had no qualms about people staring at her disapprovingly and seemed to think that it was her right.

    "She did not move the entire ride (I was on the bus for 15 mins)."
    apparently the author of the photograph never mentioned that she said that, oddly enough

    so someone added in those words
    Last edited by kei1309; 25th August 2013 at 03:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •