View Poll Results: Do you agree with the smrt, comfort delgro fare hikes?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

5 5.81%
  • Disagree

81 94.19%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: price hike again by smrt, delgro comfort?

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    I will. I'll still vote for ***. Ten years down the road, I'll still vote ***. Unless the opposition can assemble a lineup of "capable" people, *** is still for me. Despite all the price increases, nonsenses and that, I'll still vote ***. Hey, you can't deny the good *** did for Singapore. I know I'll get abit of flames from this, but heck.
    I understand where u r coming from, maybe put in 2 crosses??? make it an invalid vote??

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    then how???
    just like the smiley you post, go one corner and weep.

I understand where u r coming from, maybe put in 2 crosses??? make it an invalid vote??
    then they'll use all kinds of methods to detect which one you cross out first?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    you don't accustom yourself to suit the environment. you change the environment to suit yourself.
    when 10s of thousands of singaporeans start cycling to work, what do you think?
    well, our transport system was never planned with long distance cycling in mind, our concept plans and master plans take public bus service as the primary mode of transport as well. providing a bus lane has already caused much unhappiness amongst motorists, providing a bicycle lane can only happen with an overhaul of the physical environment starting with the planning directives.
    Last edited by eikin; 6th May 2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Haha.. yeah put in two crosses!!! But frankly lah, once the PTC apporved the transport price hike, other necessarities will follow, e.g. kopi/teh, etc. It's a pitless hole we are falling into. Salary are not increasing. Living standards are going up.

The problem is I don't mind the fare increase (seriously) if they increase the standards. But look at all these silly nonsenses they put on the MRT and bueses? Silly advertisement that blocked the views from inside, silly mobile TVs .. I meant, I don't need all these stuffs. All I want is a bus that come on time, not 3 buses at one time, with intervals of 30 mins or so. And aircon interchanges.. Toa Payoh and Sengkang. I hope they are not passing the extra ops cost to run the aircon as part of the crap reason to increase the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    well, our transport system was never planned with long distance cycling in mind, our concept plans and master plans take public bus service as the primary mode of transport as well. providing a bus lane has already caused much unhappiness amongst motorists, providing a bicycle lane can only happen with an overhaul of the physical environment starting with the planning directives.
    i think you still don't get what i'm trying to say.
    your points are valid and very true. what i'm driving at is going on a legal way of rioting. cycling is not illegal but rioting is, right?
    what happens if 10s of thousands of singaporeans starts cycling? wouldn't it raise the problem to LTA and those who are getting paid in 5-6 digits per month and just show face once in a while? unless they start a new law that bans cycling, then i have nothing more to say but "start walking to work".

then they'll use all kinds of methods to detect which one you cross out first?
    Yeah, that will be interesting !!! But frankly, I wonder is voting really screcy? I mean, I read about it, heard about it, that somehow the garmen will know those chaps who vote against PAY. Hhh.. anyway, I haven't been given the chance to vote. My constituent kept on having "walkover..". Damn, the other day, my wife was teasing me that if I want to have a taste of voting, we should consider moving to the constitiuents held by the oppostion. But hey, the flats are so worn-down. Hehehe.. so we decided we still prefer to live in a PAY constituent. Hehe.. the joke is, for the past few years, I have not seen my MP in person before. Hehehe..
    Last edited by eric69; 6th May 2005 at 03:18 PM.

i think you still don't get what i'm trying to say.
    your points are valid and very true. what i'm driving at is going on a legal way of rioting. cycling is not illegal but rioting is, right?
    what happens if 10s of thousands of singaporeans starts cycling? wouldn't it raise the problem to LTA and those who are getting paid in 5-6 digits per month and just show face once in a while?
    hmmm ... i'm just pointing out that it's almost impossible to make 10s of thousands of singaporeans cycle to work from the start given the kind of built environment and system we have. cheers.

maybe i should put it more directly lah, that idea is not feasible ... although it's an interesting one
    Last edited by eikin; 6th May 2005 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hmmm ... i'm just pointing out that it's almost impossible to make 10s of thousands of singaporeans cycle to work from the start given the kind of built environment and system we have. cheers.
    On 2nd thought, I won't want to cycle to work because Singapore weather is killing, man.
    Oh GOD, I'm at the mercy of the transport companies.. sobs..

On 2nd thought, I won't want to cycle to work because Singapore weather is killing, man.
    Oh GOD, I'm at the mercy of the transport companies.. sobs..
    it boils down to the way this city is planned and built, if right from the beginning there are plans to create a tropical city environment that depends on cycling as say 10% of transportation needs there'll be the political will to plan and construct sheltered bicycle ways of substantial distances.

in any case don't you think we don't have enough shade and shelter most of the time? that's because the city was not planned as a 'walkable' city from the start as well, but this situation has improved tremendously over the last 2 decades.
    Last edited by eikin; 6th May 2005 at 03:20 PM.

Yeah, that will be interesting !!! But frankly, I wonder is voting really screcy? I mean, I read about it, heard about it, that somehow the garmen will know those chaps who vote against PAY. Hhh.. anyway, I haven't been given the chance to vote. My constituent kept on having "walkover..". Damn, the other day, my wife was teasing me that if I want to have a taste of voting, we should consider moving to the constitiuents held by the oppostion. But hey, the flats are so worn-down. Hehehe.. so we decided we still prefer to live in a PAY constituent. Hehe.. the joke is, for the past few years, I have not seen my MP in person before. Hehehe..
    that's exactly how they want to win our hearts. renovate and renovate and renovate, upgrade and upgrade and upgrade. it is very nice to see my neighbourhood new and clean but sometimes, they do not use their bloody brains.

just early last year, my neighourhood had completed the upgrading and just inbetween my block and another (just 30-40 metres away), they built an exercising corner. guess what? early 5-6am, i can hear ppl start playing "seeeeeee-hooooooo, seeeeee-hoooooooo" on a portable radio and start doing qi-gong or whatever. hey! it bloody 5am-6am and i live on the 4th floor. at that hour, small volume of sound amplifies pretty loud.

my neighbours from 2nd floor up to 5th floor (those units that are directly facing the exercising corner) jointly wrote a petition to the TC, then they removed it. what a waste of our money.

let's steer the discussion back shall we?

those with the knowledge within the industry, anyone thinks there's a possibility to open up the transportation market further by introducing REAL competition? let's face it, SMRT does not compete with SBS Transit for the simple reason that their service lines do not compete with each other extensively enough, not even on the feeder service level.

wat to do......they are the best of the lot...there is no competition at all.
    our lives and rice-bowls are at their mercy.
    just have to live with it la......

bus, mrt, cab, cinema hikes.....followed by hawker centers, food-courts, consummables....we, consumers are at the receiving end

pai mia....

how much is the proposed increment?

Deregistered

heard the increment is 1 or 2cents.

sheez.....

Public Transport should not be run as a for profit company. It should be subsidised by the government.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Public Transport should not be run as a for profit company. It should be subsidised by the government.
    agree especially when it's part of national planning

hmmm... i think those who say yes to the price hike should be shot to death... trust me i will...

Funny when the big companies are still earning so much, they still want to increase thier prices? Taking us for suckers....
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Funny when the big companies are still earning so much, they still want to increase thier prices? Taking us for suckers....
    cos they found that they should get a pay raise.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast