Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 125

Thread: The New Paper Big Walk Nikon Shootout

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    shucks..until now still no notification email, but nikon says they have my name there.

    guys when u all go there got bring anything along ? like print out of notification letters or ??

    darn it....
    If Nikon confirmed that your name is there, just bring your IC and go to PSS tomorrow!

    All details are in the following:

    http://www.nikon.com.sg/bigwalk/bigwalk.pdf

    Have fun on Sunday!

  2. #82
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    thanks yapel...

    i guess if 2molo i go liao dun haf, den nvm la...on my way back i buy some fly swatters lor.....

    i stay at home on sunday and swat mosquitoes and flies and wait for all ur wonderful pictures u guys have taken.. heh..

  3. #83
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,888

    Default

    Will collect this Saturday.
    Too much OT this week.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  4. #84

    Default

    For the benefit of those who asked how the notification email looks like ...
    --
    Dear Nikon User,

    We have received your registration for the above mentioned event and you have been selected to be part of the action.
    Please proceed to PSS to collect your T-Shirts and Pass from the 18th May to 21st May 2005.

    The Photographic Society of Singapore
    30 Selegie Road, Selegie Arts Centre
    Singapore 180030
    Tel: 6334 3361
    Opening Hours:
    Monday-Friday 2pm to 10pm
    Saturday-Sunday 12pm to 6pm

    On the day itself, please be reminded that it is a MUST to don the Nikon T-Shirt and together with your Registration Pass and IC, proceed to the registration stand.
    Only upon registration, you would be eligible for the competition and be able to collect the goody bag.
    Please note that NO representatives would be allowed to register or collect the goody bag on your behalf.

    More details and maps would be available on our website:
    www.nikon.com.sg/bigwalk/

    Thank you and we wish you a great shoot out!!!


    Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd



    PS. Gentle reminders
    Please do turn up if you have signed up for the event, if in any case that you would not be able to attend, kindly let us know.
    We would be able to allow other participants on the waiting list to join in.
    The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify participants that do not conform to the set regulations.

  5. #85
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    waiting list ?? i tot all will be allowed to go ???

  6. #86

    Default

    Come to think of it, it may seem not practical to collect on the day itself. Any changing rooms? 75,000 crowd sharing the limited "mobile" toilets?

    Hmmmm. I rather get the shirt early, bring home and wash, and go straight to the stadium wearing the yellow shirt. I always prefer to wash my shirt before I wear it.

    Guys of course can change anyway lah, but I do not know how comfortable you are in changing in front of a 75,000 crowd. Got muscle to show off never mind, but if got "bui bak" and fat belly, it will be an interesting sight.

    Worse, the size you want may not be available on the actual, then "siao liao". Become "dumpling" for the day wearing a tight shirt, especially for people like me who needs XL.

    My hint for you, which I discuss with photographers I met at PSS, is to quickly come up with a strategy and see what are the "hot spots" you want to go. You only have that 3 hours, and the walk from the starting point to Tanjong Rhu where the Nikon buses are, will probably take a fast walker (SISPEC style) 6 minutes, slow walker will be 15 minutes.

    You may consider stationing yourself at the starting/ending point. But the best shots are usually those from unexpected angles. Or you may think the U-Turn at Fullerton may be a good "ambush" point, but once again, if all Nikonians go there, you might end up either cross firing or get similar angles.

    Of if you are the "Rambo" type, you can try walking with the crowd carrying your barang barang (hopefully you can make it back for the Nikon Lucky Draw). Or if you are quick witted, register early and go straight to Tanjong Rhu to catch the first bus to catch the competitor runners at Fullerton U-turn, and be back in time for the competitor to touch finish line. Perhaps the competitor walkers expression are more unique and serious.

    Hence, put on your thinking hat, Saturday go reccee and see what are the spots that are good, plan your timing in line with the Nikon bus service, and be back in time to catch candid shots of the tired faces. This is your challenge, and fun.

  7. #87
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    Guys of course can change anyway lah, but I do not know how comfortable you are in changing in front of a 75,000 crowd. Got muscle to show off never mind, but if got "bui bak" and fat belly, it will be an interesting sight.
    Mmm... if I remember correctly, I read in the new paper that there is a competition for Nikon users to shoot other nikon users? Can take this for the submission

    Cheers
    John

    PS: Saw you and Knight Ong been interviewed.

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Mmm... if I remember correctly, I read in the new paper that there is a competition for Nikon users to shoot other nikon users? Can take this for the submission

    .
    That is a cool one. Yup, there is a shoot the Nikonians contest. Wonder if anyone will wear the underwear outside like Superman. Hmmm, Superman in Blue with red underwear. Any superheros that we know of who wear yellow? Was it Robin? Lost touch with the superheroes toons long time ago.

    Who knows? Maybe TellyTubbies will appear? Did I get that name right?

    Or any cool Macho Nikonians in tight fitting Nikon Yellow shirt, with muscles budging and wearing sun shades. Better don't say further before the S size goes out of stock. What we do not want is a reverse logic where Nikonians want to wear tight fitting S size instead of the comfortable L or XL (which was catered for), to show off their body.

    This should be a fun event. I also wonder how will the participants be dressed.

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    That is a cool one. Yup, there is a shoot the Nikonians contest. Wonder if anyone will wear the underwear outside like Superman. Hmmm, Superman in Blue with red underwear. Any superheros that we know of who wear yellow? Was it Robin? Lost touch with the superheroes toons long time ago.
    BananaMan.

  10. #90

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    Come to think of it, it may seem not practical to collect on the day itself. Any changing rooms? 75,000 crowd sharing the limited "mobile" toilets?

    Hmmmm. I rather get the shirt early, bring home and wash, and go straight to the stadium wearing the yellow shirt. I always prefer to wash my shirt before I wear it.

    Guys of course can change anyway lah, but I do not know how comfortable you are in changing in front of a 75,000 crowd. Got muscle to show off never mind, but if got "bui bak" and fat belly, it will be an interesting sight.

    Worse, the size you want may not be available on the actual, then "siao liao". Become "dumpling" for the day wearing a tight shirt, especially for people like me who needs XL.

    My hint for you, which I discuss with photographers I met at PSS, is to quickly come up with a strategy and see what are the "hot spots" you want to go. You only have that 3 hours, and the walk from the starting point to Tanjong Rhu where the Nikon buses are, will probably take a fast walker (SISPEC style) 6 minutes, slow walker will be 15 minutes.

    You may consider stationing yourself at the starting/ending point. But the best shots are usually those from unexpected angles. Or you may think the U-Turn at Fullerton may be a good "ambush" point, but once again, if all Nikonians go there, you might end up either cross firing or get similar angles.

    Of if you are the "Rambo" type, you can try walking with the crowd carrying your barang barang (hopefully you can make it back for the Nikon Lucky Draw). Or if you are quick witted, register early and go straight to Tanjong Rhu to catch the first bus to catch the competitor runners at Fullerton U-turn, and be back in time for the competitor to touch finish line. Perhaps the competitor walkers expression are more unique and serious.

    Hence, put on your thinking hat, Saturday go reccee and see what are the spots that are good, plan your timing in line with the Nikon bus service, and be back in time to catch candid shots of the tired faces. This is your challenge, and fun.
    putting aside your personal preferences, your argument against collecting on the date itself is weak. we are not talking about 75,000. only those who made the trip to pss and unable to collect t-shirt. those who are modest in nature will use the mobile toilets, behind vehicles, trees, etc. the rest of us can change the top in full view of others. at such events, seeing more skins is very common.

  11. #91
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,925

    Default

    Folks, the issue is over, the shirts have arrived, can we just let this pass? Just like when I organised the Portraiture Workshop, there are bound to be hiccups. Everybody's thinkin and style is different in handling each matter.

    Just enjoy the shoot.

  12. #92
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    Worse, the size you want may not be available on the actual, then "siao liao". Become "dumpling" for the day wearing a tight shirt, especially for people like me who needs XL.
    Alamak , u wear XL , then I have to get 2XL liao ... too bad dun have , so one dumpling that day walking around liao ....

  13. #93
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Alamak , u wear XL , then I have to get 2XL liao ... too bad dun have , so one dumpling that day walking around liao ....
    u are not alone.......... i am another bah zhang.. tot that L would be enuff.. but it fits perfectly.. however i felt abit like bah zhang too..

    btw.. THANK ESPN and others who have provided me with the info on who to approach for the thingy..

    my conclusion is that MSN is the main fault... the email until now also haven receive yet.. but my name is there on the list.. first page summore.... hahaa..

    thanks alot ESPN !!! and all those who helped me out too!!

  14. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Folks, the issue is over, the shirts have arrived, can we just let this pass? Just like when I organised the Portraiture Workshop, there are bound to be hiccups. Everybody's thinkin and style is different in handling each matter.

    Just enjoy the shoot.
    I took time to run through the threads, to see if there is any tips or comments for the Big Walk.

    Fully agree with you. we should focus more on the shootout instead of other petty issues and get side tracked.

    Highlighting on Darren and Steven points, let us be gracious and enjoy ourselves.

    I consider myself a fan of Nikon and I am grateful that they take the initiative to hold the shootout. I myself work in an event management company and I understand that an event of this scale is not something that can be done easily.

    Free T-shirts, prizes, lucky draws, freebies, even to the extent of being spoonfed with the aid of the survival guide. What more can we ask for? Probably this is one way Nikon is thanking its suporters.

    If anyone thinks he can do a better job, do it then, for us Nikonians, and see how you feel if we hit back at you when you have any logistic hiccups even though you are doing out of volunterism and good will! In life, it is easy to just talk and talk. Let us all grow up.

    Nikon, PSS and Clubsnap, just ignore those crappy negative comments. I believe most of us are behind you. I believe you must have your reasons why the T-shirts should not be collected on that day itself. I mean, for myself, I also wonder where I can change on that day. Photography is not a male dominated hobby! I am grateful that you all arranged for the T-shirts to be collected earlier, and the freebies to be collected after the walk. I cannot imagine myself lugging the freebies when I shoot.

    And one last comment. I quite like the shirt. The lady cutting fits me nicely. Material is pretty good too. Anyway to get one more? I do not mind paying for it.

    Hip Hip Hurray for Nikon

  15. #95

    Default

    errrrr, sometimes, I also wonder what is the proportion of male versus female population in Clubsnap. This thread seems male dominated. Hope to see more female photographers on that day.

  16. #96
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,925

    Default

    Hi truth-photographer, I suppose you're a lady, don't worry, I already know of at least one lady that's going, if you need to, you can PM me, I'll tell you her nick and you can at least have company along.

    Thanks for the heads up and joining the shootout organised by Nikon, the staff at Nikon are having headaches right as we talk They will be there early about 3-4am to get ready for our arrival.

    I seriously hope everybody enjoys the shoot & the mass gathering of Nikon users.

    Also have collected my t-shirt today. It rocks, those who haven't. You should

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    sing a pore
    Posts
    307

    Default

    hi newbie here
    anyone meeting to go along for the shootout?

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    EAST
    Posts
    317

    Default

    i oso newbie here .. havent got time to spot the good location yet.. tat day die liao.. like blur king dunno where to start shooting oso

  19. #99

    Default

    I feel like bruce lee when I wear the tshirt ..
    lolz

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    I feel like bruce lee when I wear the tshirt ..
    lolz
    haha, did you take small size? Feedback from my staff that S size ran out, which took me by surprise. My premonition as per previous post actually became true.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •