Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Paper Big Walk Nikon Shootout

I was there at 2.30pm. Registered first. Collect TShirt later. The guys there were quite nice actually. Give them a breaklah.. I don't think this was expected.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    I was there at 2.30pm. Registered first. Collect TShirt later. The guys there were quite nice actually. Give them a breaklah.. I don't think this was expected.
    Oh i have no doubt that they're nice folks. However, the least they could do is to allow people to collect the shirts on-site as promised. There's obviously a lack of direction / cohesion. Nikon rep says one thing, PSS says another.

In the other post, someone was told that the t-shirts will only be available after 4pm on the 19th of May, and that's news to me. I was told they'd definitely be there on the 19th. Imagine if i didn't read that post, i'd be left stranded for another 2hrs.

Here's the kicker though. I now have to shift my appointments around to accomodate that little screw up there, just because they won't let me collect the shirt on-site. It just so happens that none of my appointments are ANYWHERE near PSS, i live in Pasir Ris, and i don't drive. Sure i'll give Nikon and PSS a break...how about giving me one too?

It is with regrets that some unforeseen minor hiccups took place. The T-shirts could not arrive today and hence the least we can do is to issue the passes and the survival guides first.

We volunteers at PSS are trying to do our best to help distribute the T-shirts and our volunteers today either stay at Loyang or Choa Chu Kang and they stayed late till 10pm to wait for the participants. They also do not drive and they have their full time job in the day. This will be likewise for the next few days. One of the PSS full time staff was on MC today and I have to take time off to take over. Well, one may say, "This is none of my business, its yours." But let us be gracious for once.

PSS volunteered to be the "distribution" centre due to its centralised location.

Let us be gracious and thankful to the group of volunteers.

The group of us, including clubsnap moderators like Chua etc, have also spent time with the Nikon officials in receeing the route and plan the programs to make this event a fun one.

We would appreciate if you could collect the T-shirt within the next few days before the Big Walk.

In the meantime, you can make use of the survival guide which we have painfully created, perhaps do a recee on your own and find the good spots for your angles and win those prizes. To make things easier, Nikon buses have been catered to bring you from one location to another.

By the way, this is not just a PSS event, it is a Nikon-PSS-Clubsnap event.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Yee
    It is with regrets that some unforeseen minor hiccups took place. The T-shirts could not arrive today and hence the least we can do is to issue the passes and the survival guides first.

We volunteers at PSS are trying to do our best to help distribute the T-shirts and our volunteers today either stay at Loyang or Choa Chu Kang and they stayed late till 10pm to wait for the participants. They also do not drive and they have their full time job in the day. This will be likewise for the next few days. One of the PSS full time staff was on MC today and I have to take time off to take over. Well, one may say, "This is none of my business, its yours." But let us be gracious for once.

PSS volunteered to be the "distribution" centre due to its centralised location.

The group of us, including clubsnap moderators like Chua etc, have also spent time with the Nikon officials in receeing the route and plan the programs to make this event a fun one.

We would appreciate if you could collect the T-shirt within the next few days before the Big Walk.

In the meantime, you can make use of the survival guide which we have painfully created, perhaps do a recee on your own and find the good spots for your angles and win those prizes. To make things easier, Nikon buses have been catered to bring you from one location to another.

UPSSS! for you steven. btw thanks to all who involves!

Blog Entries

To all who are registered for the Big Walk shootout, let's cut the organisers some slack. It is definitely not easy to manage and coordinate such an event, let alone coordinate among 3-4 different organisations. And there will be inevitable bumps along the way.

As indicated in an earlier post, the t-shirts will be available from today (Thursday May 19th) after 2pm, so please make your way down to collect after this time.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for coming online to make your end of things ever so crystal clear! Fantastic explanation.
    But seriously, i am grateful for everyone who has volunteered in this project, and i hope Nikon-PSS-Clubsnap folks will learn from this experience as much as i have.
    Last edited by Reflection; 19th May 2005 at 08:55 AM.

Three cheers for you Steven ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Lightbulb

can those who made a trip down and collected pass, survival guide and without t-shirt collect t-shirt on Sunday(22 May 2005)'s morning before the walk starts? at Nikon regn booth, perhaps. a concession for them since these participants have complied by turning up at PSS to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    can those who made a trip down and collected pass, survival guide and without t-shirt collect t-shirt on Sunday(22 May 2005)'s morning before the walk starts? at Nikon regn booth, perhaps. a concession for them since these participants have complied by turning up at PSS to collect.
    Suggest not to complicate the matter and collect them together ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Deregistered

Folks, this event is by far NOT one of the normal smaller events held by Nikon SG, ClubSnap & PSS.

Hiccups do occur and it's not with pleasure that all have to accept this. Murphy's Law always happens. (So kill this g*dam* guy already!).

---

Anyway for those who might have missed the earlier message -

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    To the rest of the registered shooters:

The T-shirts will hit PSS at 2PM tomorrow, please collect your t-shirts AFTER 2PM.
    For those who have registered but yet to be confirmed about the registration, please PM me, thank you

Blog Entries

Cheers for Nikon, ClubSnap and PSS.
    We learn from our mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    Yes. Speaking of which, here's my experience at PSS today collecting my T-shirt and what not.

I arrive at PSS around 2pm and wait a bit with the Nikon representative before someone arrives to open the door. We go upstairs and i wait for them to set things up, before i proceed to do what i'm supposed to do there. I find out that the t-shirts have not arrived, and the Nikon rep gives me some options:

a) Come back by 4pm to be safe, the t-shirts will be there
    b) Collect another day
    c) Collect on-site at the New Paper Big Walk

I decided against b & c and told the Nikon and PSS reps that i'd be back around 4pm. Just to be EXTRA safe, i return to PSS at about 6pm only to find out from the PSS rep that the t-shirts are not there. Exchange went like this:

Me: Oh dear, the shirts are not here?
    PSS: Yup, but you may still collect your pass, 1st room pls.
    Me: Oh, ok...so i guess i'll just collect it on the day itself then.
    PSS: Errr...no...it's going to be messy.
    Me: But i live in Pasir Ris.
    PSS: Errr...yeah...you've still got Thursday to Saturday to collect the t-shirt, 1st room pls.
    Me: Jesus...(he wasn't even listening!)

So i go into the room and get my pass, and they proudly point out their one Nikon shirt hanging on the cabinet that that's it. The PSS rep then comes into the room and says,"Yeah...the t-shirts got stuck at customs."
    I look at they guy in disbelief, shrug my shoulders and walked off.

Sorry folks, the idea was great but the execution was seriously flawed. The Nikon rep was damn sure the t-shirts would arrive by 4pm. I feel sorry for those who took time off work, or came from remote ends of the island to get their t-shirts and passes. As far as i'm concerned, the t-shirts may be free among other things, but the advertising potential sure isn't. Nevertheless, i don't think i was given proper treatment. Nikon isn't a small organization and neither is PSS, but it seems that they have some problems planning such things.

Customs??!! Sheesh.
    Fully understand your sentiments... Was there at about 6.00 pm, after a damn hectic day at work...felt like sleeping while I was driving!). The guy gave me his explanantion. I just said that an email or notification should be sent soon as soon as such things are haooening. His answer was like i am not the only one, as though I do not know!

Just could not go on talking to defensive people....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by redviper
    Fully understand your sentiments... Was there at about 6.00 pm, after a damn hectic day at work...felt like sleeping while I was driving!). The guy gave me his explanantion. I just said that an email or notification should be sent soon as soon as such things are haooening. His answer was like i am not the only one, as though I do not know!

Just could not go on talking to defensive people....
    a simple and sincere apology will soothe most people for inconvenience caused. full stop. unfortunately, they go on and on offering defensive excuses like we are volunteers, big event, MCs, etc.....
    Last edited by reachme2003; 19th May 2005 at 12:23 PM.

Talking

Ok... its gonna to be 2pm soon. Are the T-shirts in PSS yet?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

i just called PSS.

T-shirt not in yet...
    Try again in the evening, around 5-6pm.

Please call before u drop by.

Cheers,
    Francis Tan.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tkp77
    i just called PSS.

T-shirt not in yet...
    Try again in the evening, around 5-6pm.

Please call before u drop by.

Cheers,
    Francis Tan.
    Thanks bro!

i still haven receive my notification email.... call nikon liao.. still like that.. they say will re-send.. re-send until now meh... 30mins liao.... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.,

Hi all,

Please call before going down. There were a few people there just now and are disappointed that the T-shirts have not arrived yet.

In fact, the persons in charge are also not there.

I happened to pop by as I was having lunch at Sunshine. I would say that this exercise is not perfectly executed.

Default Nikon - take note

I would say it is a mismanagement by either pss and nikon that the T-shirts could not be collected. Went there yesterday and today but were told by the nice staff that the tees were not ready.

Probably a turnoff too (future events) for several pple who make it down to pss to collect the tees

Maybe we should just boycott this event? Send them a wake up call...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast