Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Would you have still paid this photographer?

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Always look at the bright side, if noting happen, everything very perfect, nobody will remember their wedding after sometime.

    Mishaps will only make simple things so special.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    It was an accident, and the photographer felt bad about it, as most normal people would. Another good thing is, the wedding couple were able to laugh it off.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    It is not acceptable. The client was forgiving. What if the propeller of the drone has slashed his eyes and blinded him?
    If the pro photographer cannot handle the drone, he must NOT deploy it.
    Once it is out of control, any member of the public near there is endangered.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is not acceptable. The client was forgiving. What if the propeller of the drone has slashed his eyes and blinded him?
    If the pro photographer cannot handle the drone, he must NOT deploy it.
    Once it is out of control, any member of the public near there is endangered.
    It is imperative that all photographers buy an insurance.

    The moment you ask a model to climb on a rock or perch on a tree branch for a pose you are exposing yourself to law suit resulting from accident.

    This is what separates a pro from an amatuer. That's why you must always deal with a pro or someone who looks like a pro with pro gear and a tie.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It is imperative that all photographers buy an insurance.

    The moment you ask a model to climb on a rock or perch on a tree branch for a pose you are exposing yourself to law suit resulting from accident.

    This is what separates a pro from an amatuer. That's why you must always deal with a pro or someone who looks like a pro with pro gear and a tie.
    can climb trees and take photos from the back of a motorcycle while simultaneously using 2 DSLRs is a must, too

  7. #7

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    the couple laughed it off, cleaned up, and continued with the shoot. Afterward, they even requested that the video be uploaded to the Web.
    The couple must be thinking ......

    If this video won the America Funniest Home Video and they get US$10,000 prize money

    They would have recover some of their wedding expenses
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  8. #8
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

    can climb trees and take photos from the back of a motorcycle while simultaneously using 2 DSLRs is a must, too
    Do not forget that the clearest indication is also the number of LCD protectors one breaks in those quests.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is not acceptable. The client was forgiving. What if the propeller of the drone has slashed his eyes and blinded him?
    If the pro photographer cannot handle the drone, he must NOT deploy it.
    Once it is out of control, any member of the public near there is endangered.
    Hindsight trash.

    How would you know the photographer couldn't handle the drone before it crashed into the groom?

  10. #10

    Default

    That's v innovative!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Hindsight trash.

    How would you know the photographer couldn't handle the drone before it crashed into the groom?
    because Uncle Ricohflex is a master of flying things

  12. #12
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    because Uncle Ricohflex is a master of flying things
    But only you can fly this:


  13. #13
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Would you have still paid this photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    But only you can fly this:

    This is an elderly service announcement: Any auntie who lost hers, please contact uncle Sion.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •