Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD in wrong region

for PC? i highly recommend PowerDVD...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

My personal preference is WinDVD.

Anyway, some of the good budget players that you can look at; if your DVD player is not multi-region, I suggest you replace it, you've been missing a whole lot of good R1 material!

Pioneer DV-676A
    Great player, no problems with reading all types of DVD, DVD-A/SACD compatible, MP3/WMA readability, able to read literally all DivX/xVID materials (heard that new firmware even allows for subtitle support!) Has progressive scan. Approx $270++ at KEC.

Denon 1910
    Less functionality compared to Pioneer, but a more dedicated DVDP. Has DVI output for 720p,i,1080i output (need HDCP compatible display), and the famed Faroudja DCDi 2301 deinterlacing chip (entry level solution).

But it's a little less responsive, DVD layer changes are a tad slow. (Hope they can improve this in new firmware). I got this yesterday for $365.

In short, if you are just looking for a decent level DVDP, get the Pioneer. It's really worth more than its value.

I just bought a Shinco at Carrefour. Now I can watch the DVD. But the stupid disc has audio problems. Speech cannot be heard. Really suay murphy's law weekend for me..

woopeee.. I got it to work. Changed the audio settings. Now I can watch Thirteen Days in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    My personal preference is WinDVD.

Anyway, some of the good budget players that you can look at; if your DVD player is not multi-region, I suggest you replace it, you've been missing a whole lot of good R1 material!

Pioneer DV-676A
    Great player, no problems with reading all types of DVD, DVD-A/SACD compatible, MP3/WMA readability, able to read literally all DivX/xVID materials (heard that new firmware even allows for subtitle support!) Has progressive scan. Approx $270++ at KEC.

Denon 1910
    Less functionality compared to Pioneer, but a more dedicated DVDP. Has DVI output for 720p,i,1080i output (need HDCP compatible display), and the famed Faroudja DCDi 2301 deinterlacing chip (entry level solution).

But it's a little less responsive, DVD layer changes are a tad slow. (Hope they can improve this in new firmware). I got this yesterday for $365.

In short, if you are just looking for a decent level DVDP, get the Pioneer. It's really worth more than its value.

IMHO, I find pioneer playheads too sensitive, some of those china DVDs and direct ordered HK DVDs can't play properly. As in half way through, the movie starts to jerk around. Some disc can't play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    woopeee.. I got it to work. Changed the audio settings. Now I can watch Thirteen Days in peace.

Congrats!!

Thirteen days, the one by Kevin Costner? Good choice!

If you like that show, you probably won't miss NIxon, JFK etc.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    IMHO, I find pioneer playheads too sensitive, some of those china DVDs and direct ordered HK DVDs can't play properly. As in half way through, the movie starts to jerk around. Some disc can't play at all.
    Izzit?, My Pioneer DV-676A-S plays everything from US code 1 to cheap homemade DVD+R videos with no problem leh! Can even play MP3s ripped onto DVD-RW disc.

Just wondering if I am able to copy a DVD movie using a computer DVD RW drive? I tried but seems like it is some how protected. Any way to get it done? Am using Nero 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    Just wondering if I am able to copy a DVD movie using a computer DVD RW drive? I tried but seems like it is some how protected. Any way to get it done? Am using Nero 6 now.
    Yes, first you need to use DVD Decrypter to rip the contents of the DVD movie in your HDD. After that, use DVD Shrink to copy it to the DVD+/-RW. I've backup DVD many times using this combo.

Both softwares can be downloaded for free over the net.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Congrats!!

Thirteen days, the one by Kevin Costner? Good choice!

If you like that show, you probably won't miss NIxon, JFK etc.
    Yeah. It's a good show. Watched it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by sumball

You can find out more at www.dvdrhelp.com

However, if the DVD is protected, that means you shouldn't and can't copy it, for copyright issues.

Piracy is a big NO NO!

Noted. Respect the copyright!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123