Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Basic Equipment

  1. #1

    Default Basic Equipment

    Hi all,

    I am wondering what are the basic stuffs that you will always carry with you when you are out with your equipment?

    I just bought a digicam a few months back and I am new to this hobby. I saw some ad from Canon after I bought that they are throwing a 7 in 1 kit like a bag, cloth etc etc

    I just want to know what are the basic things that is needed in the event that you need to blow away dust or wipe the finger prints on your lens etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larlee
    Hi all,
    ...I just want to know what are the basic things that is needed in the event that you need to blow away dust or wipe the finger prints on your lens etc.
    erm, lens cleaning kit?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    I always carry a blower, lens pen, and a lens cloth. Lens cleaning fluid is optional in most cases.
    BTW, if you've got a DSLR with interchangeable lenses, you should get a UV filter to protect it. Cheapest investment you can make to protect the glass on the lens itself.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    148

    Default

    4 me, extra battery & extra memory cards (or portable drive)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    [QUOTE=larlee]Hi all,

    I am wondering what are the basic stuffs that you will always carry with you when you are out with your equipment?
    [QUOTE]

    Lenscap and bag or case to protect the lenses and the camera when not in use, and a strap (usually wrung around the wrist) so that I don't accidentally drop the camera. Everything else is optional.

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    A good imagination and a smile.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    I always carry a blower, lens pen, and a lens cloth. Lens cleaning fluid is optional in most cases.
    BTW, if you've got a DSLR with interchangeable lenses, you should get a UV filter to protect it. Cheapest investment you can make to protect the glass on the lens itself.
    sorry, another newibe here. wat's a lenspen pls????

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovenikon
    sorry, another newibe here. wat's a lenspen pls????
    basically it looks like a pen with a rubber end, works like a lens tissue...
    i myself just got to know it a few days back too...

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Batteries , batteries and more batteries... and of course more memory cards if you have it too... just a normal lens cloth + blower is enough...

  11. #11

    Default

    ok Thanks.

    All I have now is a cloth.....Just wondering what else is needed thou. Where is a good place to check out basic stuffs?

    BTW, I am using a Canon G5 now, i only got a adapter with a UV lens but then notice that it cant fit my lowepro bag..... guess will need to get a bigger bag so that i can bring the rest of the stuff out

  12. #12

    Default

    a blower, lens wipe. get it from CP.

    that is all I bring.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    basically it looks like a pen with a rubber end, works like a lens tissue...
    i myself just got to know it a few days back too...
    Is yours this kind (lenspen.com) or the kind you find in Carrefour? I managed to get it before from some shop but I can't seem to find it anymore, where did you get yours? Haha I think mine is dying.

  14. #14
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Hi.

    A piece of microfibre lens cloth and a good lens blower will suffice ... IMO, the lenspen is not useful ... bought 1 some 5 years ago and it's still sitting in my dry cabinet ...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi.

    A piece of microfibre lens cloth and a good lens blower will suffice ... IMO, the lenspen is not useful ... bought 1 some 5 years ago and it's still sitting in my dry cabinet ...
    my SOP item ???

    FZ-20 ( on it - adapter 62mm with HOYA UV filter and lens cap )
    CP filter - 62mm
    flash
    remote shutter
    spare batt
    glass cloth ( no money to buy.. )

    alll these in my Crumpler Bag..

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    My lens cloth, giottos blower and water bottle.....

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    My brain

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    My brain

    alamak....everyone got to bring their brain along lei......

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Don't forget to bring camera

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    Is yours this kind (lenspen.com) or the kind you find in Carrefour? I managed to get it before from some shop but I can't seem to find it anymore, where did you get yours? Haha I think mine is dying.
    CP still selling, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •