Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Users of O2 Mini

Deregistered

StreetShooter: I don't know about the ring tone volume, but so far, whichever phone I use, I have never been able to pick up the calls in time when I'm on the streets thanks for the link on the free reader, it's handy

rebbot: Thanks for the offer, I've played with the IIs and surfed the net with it, I'm impressed, but somehow the O2 mini gotten my liking more. I'm fascinated by the IIs for it's integrated WIFI and big screen together with it's features, but I like the O2 Mini for it's compact size and flush normal design.

You need another gf?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    rebbot: Thanks for the offer, I've played with the IIs and surfed the net with it, I'm impressed, but somehow the O2 mini gotten my liking more. I'm fascinated by the IIs for it's integrated WIFI and big screen together with it's features, but I like the O2 Mini for it's compact size and flush normal design.

You need another gf?
    trust me the integrated WIFI is important i check my mails in the morning when I take my coffee and sandwich on my IIs quick and easy and i surf clubsnap and check mails quickly for a last post or quick mail before I sleep at nite on my bed as well

But again you must ask yourself if you need the WIFI else its useless

Common stay on the dark side dun get tempted by the small lighter side

If you look like your avatar I need a backup~

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    trust me the integrated WIFI is important i check my mails in the morning when I take my coffee and sandwich on my IIs quick and easy and i surf clubsnap and check mails quickly for a last post or quick mail before I sleep at nite on my bed as well

But again you must ask yourself if you need the WIFI else its useless

yep... i do all that too with my mini but via bluetooth instead.

ESPN , u may need to check out of the ringtone is loud enough. I find O2 models have softer ringtones than its peers.

I can live with it though.

does it has vibration-and-ring at the same time? ( nokia and SE can ring and vibrate at the same time )

ESPN,

I've been a O2 Mini user since Feb. Some minor problems I have:

1) Camera suckz. I mean really suckz but we are Nikonians so nevermind. But really, even with the patch available the amount of noise if BAD. 1.3 Megapixels of bad images.

2) The 8 minute bluetooth limit. If you're using a bluetooth headset, expect to get your call cut off after you pass 8 minutes. You can hear the other party but they can't hear you. This is because the device auto shuts off. You have to press the 'On' button again and the call can continue as normal. Small problem but irritating. There are new firmware that fixes this but I'm waiting for the official one from O2.

3) Support issue. I've been reading the PPCSG forums and there have been a lot of negative feedback regarding the support from ACCORD. You may want to factor this in when you consider getting this.

4) 64MB internal RAM only. While most applications install nicely on external SD card, some (like Microsoft Voice Commander) need to be installed internally. This means you have less swap space for your other applications

Other than this, I really love the device. I've learned to live with all this already. If you're driving, I highy suggest MS Voice Commander. You don't need to train it and it just works. You're not supposed to SMS when you drive so it has made me a safer driver...

Sean.

Deregistered

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your valuable input. The camera frankly is of very no use to me as I hardly use my 7250i to take images, I'm looking at the device as a device to call and organise my appointments and stuff.

I guess there will always be problems with devices, so it's either learn to live with it or carry on hoping for the perfect item?

Won't deny I'm actually going for bluetooh headsets and 8min seems ok for most of my calls but of course if it's fixed it would be better.

Thanks once again. I'm still deciding.

The O2 mini is an excellent phone cum pda. Its so much easier carry 1 gadget around instead of 2 (pda & phone). I would suggest that you borrow someone's phone to play with it before your purchase. Just to make sure you like it. (its like buying a camera, need to play ard with it to see if you like the feel of it)

Make sure you get some tips regarding what to check before you buy the phone. Some places out to con people.

Deregistered

I'm getting from Singtel direct My sis is upgrading her corporate plan so will be contracted, and less 10% as cos of corporate association and I'm now hoping I can trade in my 7250i also to get it even cheaper

Phildate
    Guests

I love the Depth-of-Field calculator you can download for Pocket PC. Great for checking just how much DOF you've got when out in the field!!

Glad someone explained that Bluetooth problem - must get the firmware update.

Yup, the camera sucks but it's still going to be good enough if you just want it in case of an accident (for insurance evidence). That's all I ever want it for.

If you get it, get the screen protector straight away - works really well

I also in love with this. But after seeing O2 XDA IIi is out, I decided to wait. Maybe I believe there will be 2nd version of O2 Mini.
    The best reward in life is laughter

I got the mini becos of its size... having built in wifi is good to have but i don't download mails that often and i find that even surfing on a 4inch VGA is still small for me.... therefore IIs 3.5" is not enuff for me... i will just bring my laptop out to surf wifi at hotspots.... and check urgent mail with sd wifi on my mini....

Buy,buy,buy

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji
    I also in love with this. But after seeing O2 XDA IIi is out, I decided to wait. Maybe I believe there will be 2nd version of O2 Mini.

IIi looks exactly the same as xdaII.... why wait? buy now! mai tu liao! lol

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    IIi looks exactly the same as xdaII.... why wait? buy now! mai tu liao! lol
    I wait for a better version, better features. As I want to have wireless built in.

I wait for a better version, better features. As I want to have wireless built in.
    get IIs lor.... seriously surfing on mini 2.2" screen is a pain in the @$$... haahaa.... too small liao.... im waiting for GPRS to go unlimited.... haahaa... wifi has no future :P my job is related to WIFI...think im going out of job soon... haahaa

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    get IIs lor.... seriously surfing on mini 2.2" screen is a pain in the @$$... haahaa.... too small liao.... im waiting for GPRS to go unlimited.... haahaa... wifi has no future :P my job is related to WIFI...think im going out of job soon... haahaa
    I aiming because of the mini size.

I aiming because of the mini size.
    probably u should checkout motorola MPX if u havent.... its out in malaysia i think.... singapore no idea when

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    does it has vibration-and-ring at the same time? ( nokia and SE can ring and vibrate at the same time )
    Yes, there is such an option.

ESPN: If you do buy, remember to check for dead pixel before accepting the unit. I've had mine since Dec 04, the day after launch, and it has been functioning fine for me. As some people have already commented, ignore the megapixel camera. Otherwise, I love it for the form factor and the fact that I only need to charge/carry one device.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer
    Yes, there is such an option.

ESPN: If you do buy, remember to check for dead pixel before accepting the unit. I've had mine since Dec 04, the day after launch, and it has been functioning fine for me. As some people have already commented, ignore the megapixel camera. Otherwise, I love it for the form factor and the fact that I only need to charge/carry one device.
    Wow, thanks for the reminder, completely forgotten about deadpixels. Thanks man.

Yeah I'm in love with the form factor and two-device-in-one design that's why I'm contemplating the O2 Mini.

Oh no! I also forgot about dead pixels! But too late already... sigh...

ESPN, buy lah... come, come to the shiny silver side. Have not regretted my purchase at all, it's so handy to have everything in one device.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast