Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malaysians who cant speak Malay here?

Quote Originally Posted by CLQ
    Hi all,
    i saw the thread where they are talking in Malay, set me wondering how many here are Malaysians who cannot Malay like me?
    Do you all face difficulties when back to Malaysia to do your adminstrative things like IC or passports... I always kena scolding by them for been a disgrace that as a Malaysian i cant speak Malay...
    Any of you tried learning Malay? I just attended a basic Malay class, but seems not much of help, maybe i stupid

cheers-
    Malaysian can not speak Bahasa ? just like Singapore national language is Bahasa, and most of the singaporean can not speak bahasa.

I dun see any disgrace here.

Yeah, i am proud to be Malaysian
    I noticed that in the past 2-3 years on my frequent trips to Malaysia, they are getting better in English, as in now you go to the fast food stalls, you can speak to them in English they can undertand, no longer any "what the heck is he taking" look on their faces, but then they still reply in Malay, lucky i still can understand the hargal in Malay
    I go to do IC, passport, dirivng license and speak English to the government officer in Malaysia. All the Malay officer do not understand what I am saying...and I speak Bahasa that only my Indonesia maid could understand.

I guess the fast food stall workers has a much better english education level than the government officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image

If you can't speak in Malay, just speak back in English to them. I have encountered many officials before and I say back to them, "Excuse, I think Dr M did mentioned that all officials and goverment should start to speak English as we are going global. So I say back to them in Malay, if i can speak Malay, can you speak English?" After that they blur like sotong.....
    if u go to government office to apply IC, passport, license or even to police station to make a report...and if this is your attitude ...I guess u will never get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    naanaalaakoo...
    taanaatoompaanyalaalaaakoo....
    yeah man....before 1965...LKY also sang naanaalaakoo......taanaatoompaanyalaalaaakoo

Please learn to "respect".

It is not a disgrace for Malaysian not able to speak Bahasa.

But it will definately a disgrace if u dun know how to pay respect and make fun of other countries national song.

Hi all,
    i saw the thread where they are talking in Malay, set me wondering how many here are Malaysians who cannot Malay like me?
    Do you all face difficulties when back to Malaysia to do your adminstrative things like IC or passports... I always kena scolding by them for been a disgrace that as a Malaysian i cant speak Malay...
    Any of you tried learning Malay? I just attended a basic Malay class, but seems not much of help, maybe i stupid

cheers-
    Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!

Watashi moo mae wa Malaysia no kata desita. Ima wa Sydney in sunden imasu.

Washita wa Malaysia no gengo ga shikoshi dake dekimasu. Hanasu kyomi ga arimasu!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    yeah man....before 1965...LKY also sang naanaalaakoo......taanaatoompaanyalaalaaakoo

Please learn to "respect".

It is not a disgrace for Malaysian not able to speak Bahasa.

But it will definately a disgrace if u dun know how to pay respect and make fun of other countries national song.
    Hey guys,

Didn't mean to offend or disrespect anybody's country. Looks like i must be a little bit careful about what I can say in this forum...

I am very much a Malaysian myself, brought up in a typical Sekolah Kebangsaan. When I first arrived in Singapore, I found it little weird that most Singaporeans don't know what their national song means. But then when I think about it, there are some Malaysians who don't know what their national song means either. They sing like those 2 lines that I quoted. That's all I want to say lah. Jangan mudah tersinggung oke?

Hi all,

cheers-
    u are not alone... i was scolded since young... hahaha... best part is i can't even speak the dialect my father use... i only know hokkien & teochew, abit of cantonese...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by sumball
    Please take it serious when come to national anthem no matter u r malaysian or singpaorean. U got to respect the country simply because the national anthem is respecting the country itself.
    i know how to sing the singapore national anthem, cos since primary school have been singing... even know the meaning... but den i dun even know wats the malaysia national anthem... would i be labelled traitor instead? time to apply for another country PR...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Don't worry......there are Chinese who can't speak mandarin......and Singaporean who can't speak Singlish also

if u go to government office to apply IC, passport, license or even to police station to make a report...and if this is your attitude ...I guess u will never get anything done.
    Well maybe for you.....but I do not have any problem....

Police? Lagi no problem....as my cousin and uncle are working in Police Dept....haha.....

I have my ways and always get it done......no matter how difficult it is.

If you think following their ways of bo chap attitude to get your things done, then a country will not progress......

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    naanaalaakoo...
    taanaatoompaanyalaalaaakoo....
    I think there is a certain guideline you should follow and not go over that line.....

Please do respect other countries National Anthem....

If you are a Singaporean......your National Anthem is also in Malay.

If you a Malaysian then you show no respect towards your own soil country

If you are a foriegner (which I doubt) as you know how to sing Malaysia National Anthem....which is Negaraku, not "naanaalaakoo"

In CS we are not suppose to talk about politics but there is some faithful Malysian citizen which you could created a flame...no doubt.

Making fun/jokes about their or other country national anthem cannot be tolerate.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Police? Lagi no problem....as my cousin and uncle are working in Police Dept....haha.....

I have my ways and always get it done......no matter how difficult it is.
    Police ? Sure we dun have any problem to deal with them or to launch a police report. No matter how difficult it is ...all Malaysian know how to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    u are not alone... i was scolded since young... hahaha... best part is i can't even speak the dialect my father use... i only know hokkien & teochew, abit of cantonese...
    Ha, actually me too, i am a Hakka, but cannot speak Hakka at all, know cantonese, and Hokkien(especially when people scold me )
    Going Sabah next week, better dun let them know i am a hakka, or not sure laugh by them for not able to speak Hakka, heard that even Malays and Indians there can speak Hakka

Police ? Sure we dun have any problem to deal with them or to launch a police report. No matter how difficult it is ...all Malaysian know how to get things done.
    haha, talking abt making police report in malaysia. Last year when my EOS 3 was stolen in Batu Pahat i went to make a police report... the officer at the desk speak no english, so lucky my friend was there. But after that i was bring to a plain clothes police office to file the report, he could speak english, he made the report in English for me i think, but all the time he asking me how to spell this and that
    I wonder if the rest of the polices can read or understand the report? Maybe that is the reason that my camera is still not found, they cannot understand the report
    But the most funny part was that the officer at the desk told me that i lose so expensive equipments still so steady, if it was he, he would be crying
    But to me, i really like their attitudes in the work

I am a Malaysian brought up in Australia. Still able to converse in simple Bahasa.....
    Personally, I judged the heart of man than his slangs

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Personally, I judged the heart of man than his slangs

haha, talking abt making police report in malaysia. Last year when my EOS 3 was stolen in Batu Pahat i went to make a police report... the officer at the desk speak no english, so lucky my friend was there. But after that i was bring to a plain clothes police office to file the report, he could speak english, he made the report in English for me i think, but all the time he asking me how to spell this and that
    I wonder if the rest of the polices can read or understand the report? Maybe that is the reason that my camera is still not found, they cannot understand the report
    But the most funny part was that the officer at the desk told me that i lose so expensive equipments still so steady, if it was he, he would be crying
    But to me, i really like their attitudes in the work
    That sounds more like a kampung police officer.....nice and friendly!

Ha, actually me too, i am a Hakka, but cannot speak Hakka at all, going Sabah next week, better dun let them know i am a hakka, or not sure laugh by them for not able to speak Hakka, heard that even Malays and Indians there can speak Hakka

Tsk Tsk!

As the Hakka says, "Mow yung!"!

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Tsk Tsk!

Wei......

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Tsk Tsk!

As the older Hakka generation will say " Mow lean yung "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast