Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Die die must drive...

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

I find that the road signs are pretty adequate. But most of the time, most drivers ignore them. Ever see a double yellow line with cars lined up parked over it? Or a driver that ignores the 80km/h road sign and drives at 120km/h instead?

Lots of local drivers have become cocky and complacent because of familiarity. Why do u think that there are more road incidents recently?
    With more cars on the road the % of accidents inevitably will increase. Speeding will continue to happen but we have to be mindful where you are speeding. I do see people speeding even within a car park!

I don't think people are cocky and why should they. Sometimes it becomes a chore driving here. I tried one day to slow down life a bit. Every now and then, I allow cars to cut into my lane and see what happen. Guess what, while some drivers raised their hands to thanks me, those behind honk at me! Morale of the story, we are just too congested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I don't think she wants to be in that situation. From her cautious driving down the kerb, she is a careful driver. The question is more how she landed there.

I do agree our road signs are not the best. We also have too many. Sometimes I have difficulties looking at them. People putting up signs know the place well and assume the signs make sense but to those new NOT.

Timely LTA come up with some guidelines. A single sign pole can be shared with a few signs.
    She's a careful driver?! Oh my. The fact that she landed herself in that situation seems to indicate that she is an incompetent driver.

As for the road signs, it is pretty easy to read for me...
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: Die die must drive...

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    She's a careful driver?! Oh my. The fact that she landed herself in that situation seems to indicate that she is an incompetent driver.
    You seems to know exactly what happened. Please help us to fill in the gaps
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You seems to know exactly what happened. Please help us to fill in the gaps
    I don't know how she got there, but unless she got there because that's the only way to avoid hitting some young kid, or if the car took over the controls momentarily, there is no way you can go that far up the curb.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    With more cars on the road the % of accidents inevitably will increase. Speeding will continue to happen but we have to be mindful where you are speeding. I do see people speeding even within a car park!

I don't think people are cocky and why should they. Sometimes it becomes a chore driving here. I tried one day to slow down life a bit. Every now and then, I allow cars to cut into my lane and see what happen. Guess what, while some drivers raised their hands to thanks me, those behind honk at me! Morale of the story, we are just too congested.
    if people just slow down instead of tail gating, there wouldn't be any need to keep jamming on the brakes

Just to add, vehicles leaving from a highway exit are typically traveling at speeds in excess of 60-80km/h, a head-on collision with another car or person at that speed is almost certain to be fatal?!

Everyone is passing comments about what the driver did (no I'm not gonna focus on gender here), few seem to care about the massive accident that might have resulted.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    The video camera man failed to zoom in on the car license plate.

From the curve of the inlet road, it is clear that she was driving against the traffic. Treating a one way inlet as a two way road.

It was extremely dangerous to other road users, for this car to emerge from an EXIT, into the fast flowing traffic of the highway.

The video has nothing to do with the sex of the drivers. It does not matter whether they were male or female.

The driver was obviously taking an illegal short cut. She should be given a short prison sentence, say 1 week.
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

I too find it curious that she chose to keep going up the kerb instead of reversing her car. Plus the fact that she clearly saw the car driving past means she should have known she was about to head in the wrong direction.

These are the kind of selfish acts that are becoming more commonplace in Singapore these days, which is also what made me decide to migrate years ago. Really steams my cheese to see people behaving as if they own everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    I don't know how she got there, but unless she got there because that's the only way to avoid hitting some young kid, or if the car took over the controls momentarily, there is no way you can go that far up the curb.
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12