You may or may not have noticed that there has been a cosmetic change to how URLs are presented within ClubSNAP. When we updated the software a couple of years ago, we installed a modification that converted URLs to vanity URLs thus you would see URLs like
Unfortunately, the mod is not actively being developed/enhanced nor supported and we have run into issues with it, namely on performance as well as security, thus we had to remove it over the weekend after a minor update to our software rendered parts of the mod unworkable.
We have now reverted to the standard (non-vanity) URL structure and have put in place converters to convert the vanity URLs to the standard URL structure.
Unfortunately, the Likes system was part of the mod that was uninstalled, thus members may have noticed that the Like button on threads has now disappeared.
As an alternative, members can use the THREAD RATING function to rate the thread accordingly.
The REPUTATION system has also been turned on for a trial period. Basically, members can give (or subtract) reputation points to/from other members based on their postings and interactions in the community.
Reputation points are given (or subtracted) using the six-pointed star icon on the bottom of each post.
Currently, the reputation system runs like this:-
- Everyone starts with 10 Reputation points and no Reputation-altering points
- For every 365 days registered on the forums, members gain 1 additional Reputation-altering point.
- For every 500 posts, members gain 1 additional Reputation-altering point.
- For every 500 Reputation points, members gain 1 additional Reputation-altering point.
- Members must have a minimum 100 posts before his/her Reputation hits count when given/subtracted to other members.
- Each member can give 5 Reputation clicks per 24-hour period.
- You must give Reputation clicks to 15 different members before you can give another Reputation click to a previously-given member.
- You must leave a comment whenever Reputation is subtracted (a negative Reputation).
We will trial the Reputation system and tweak accordingly (or remove totally if it is abused). As always, please feel free to leave us feedback.