Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can you find the time to take photos?

Default How can you find the time to take photos?

Hi.. I was living in US for 6 years and the life there just slow and relax and I took photos almost everyday, but now I had moved back to Malaysia I can't even have time to take my camera out just for a few snaps.... are you guys full time photographer? where you get the time to take photos?

My work requires me to do a full day work from 8am to 7 pm, and then I am on duty for the rest of the time. I am not working ONLY when I am out of the country.

To answer your question directly: Make Time. But sort out your priorities first. If it is important enough, you will find time. You may have to make adjustment on the subjects you photograph.

congrats on ur 1000 post student, hehe

anyway, if u are doing photography as a full time job, u will surely find time to do it.
    if its a leisure hobby, just do it at ur leisure time?

For me, i normally do it on weekend cos not working on both days. Other than that, unless i am clearing my leave or off, i will find time to shoot on weekdays. On the whole, i prefer to shoot on weekdays where people are busy working, wife also no need me to keep her company

Quote Originally Posted by hftey
    Hi.. I was living in US for 6 years and the life there just slow and relax and I took photos almost everyday, but now I had moved back to Malaysia I can't even have time to take my camera out just for a few snaps.... are you guys full time photographer? where you get the time to take photos?
    I am no a full time photographer as Photography is an nice hobby to me, and I usually take photos during the weekend.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

yup.. make time is the keyword.. most of the time it means sacrificing sleep.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

what have you been doing on weekends?

Blog Entries

b4 work, during lunch, on the way home.

lots of time, just depends on if you are hard working enuff
    to bring along your camera.

most of us here work 5 days a week, while i work 6 and a half for a week... so basically i cannot find time to shoot, but i still shoot for half a day~

once a week... its still fine.. so maybe pple shouldnt say i've gt no time. make time for urself.. maybe dun put so much time like watching tv, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    b4 work, during lunch, on the way home.

lots of time, just depends on if you are hard working enuff
    to bring along your camera.
    feel sorry for the Regulars, think can only touch cameras during weekends

NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY........

Depends oso.

When the time comes I busy until go shit oso got problem, den photography will be put aside.

Stop thinking about that question, and you'll have time to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY........
    Wah! Nocturnal activity!

My imagination running wild!

An example of what I am trying to do nowadays.

Lunch time go over to Takashimaya florist shop. Look for interesting flowers. If something interest me, I buy a bloom or two. My office officially close at about 5-5.30 pm.

Bring the flower to the lift landing. Set it up and spend the next hour photographying that flower. No need for sophisticated light. Window light is fine.

I take pictures after 530pm, that is after my work. Will go home around 730pm, that is after the sun sets.

I find evening is the most beautiful moment to take pictures.

Same problems with most ppl here .... no time and only on weekend. But still need to give time to family commitments so really not much time left. But need to negotiate with the home chairman for a specific time slot, like every Sunday morning till noon, etc... take it more like playing a golf session.
    Like student, got TIME only when we are oversea on Business trips ..... hehe!
    always the Light, .... always.

take photos during weekends,

if u drive , u can consider placing the camera in your car , that way u can take photos whenever u see a opp,

"provided the camera or film is not tasted by the oven effect in the car when its under the hot sun"

I've read someone has said this about photography, "what you put in is you'll get out." I agree with it. Except the minority who claim themselves to be born photographically talented, the rest of us has to spend the time on it to be good.

Finding time to do photography is hard. Worse is you are trying to do it commercially. I work 5 days a week just like everyone else. Most photography is done during weekends and I leave simpler photography related tasks e.g. keywording, uploading and Photoshop works to the weekday evenings. After a stressful day at work I don't think I am inspired enough to pick up the camera.

I am very protective about my weekends. I make it known to the superiors to exclude me in any weekend overtime and my friends wisely stay away from me. It's a lonely life but that's the only way to get photography done. Even company Christmas parties you won't find me there.

Sion, "a lonely live"...haha kinda sad to describe yourself like that. Maybe you're the kind who prefers solitude?

Really, as with ALL things, if you want to do it badly enough, you'll make time for it...

I'm more antagonised over WHAT to shoot when I have time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast