Thread: Brandz of film

Default Brandz of film

Dear all

can u tell me which brandz of film u think iz more suitable for the following typez of shootz

1)Day
    2)Nite
    3)Senery
    4)Action
    5)Portrait

or the film brand doeznt matter at all?

Whatever film you use, avoid Kodak MAX 400.

A good all around film for would be Fuji Superia 200, or XTRA 400 if you want a higher speed film for something like Action. If you want slides, try Fuji Provia 100F, Sensia 100 or Kodak E100S / E100VS. For 400 slides, try Provia 400F (expensive).

For nite scenes, high speed film doesn't really matter as you'll be using a tripod anyway. You can try ISO 100 film here.

For portriats, you would want something with lower contrast and saturation, try Fuji NPH 400, NPC 160 or the Kodak Portra series.

Regards
    CK

Personal preference : Fuji Press 800. It is an amazing film for its speed, with very fine grain. Pushes very well to 1600, scans very well, and delivers nice skin tones.

I'd second ckiang's recommendation to avoid Kodak Max 400/800. These are the worst films I've every come across.

Night : Fuji Provia 100F or 400F. These are corrected to deliver accurate colours with exposures upto 2 minutes. Velvia starts turning green after 4 seconds.

Portrait : Personal preference for Fuji NPH. IMHO, the best portrait film ever made.

Originally posted by sriram
    Personal preference : Fuji Press 800. It is an amazing film for its speed, with very fine grain. Pushes very well to 1600, scans very well, and delivers nice skin tones.

I'd second ckiang's recommendation to avoid Kodak Max 400/800. These are the worst films I've every come across.

Night : Fuji Provia 100F or 400F. These are corrected to deliver accurate colours with exposures upto 2 minutes. Velvia starts turning green after 4 seconds.

Portrait : Personal preference for Fuji NPH. IMHO, the best portrait film ever made.
    I second the Press 800. I now use it for wedding dinners. The high ISO lets you balance flash and ambient exposure better. And the grain is very fine for a 800 film.

Regards
    CK

how much is the press 800? is it available at cp or fotoguide?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    how much is the press 800? is it available at cp or fotoguide?
    should be available... if not try Ruby Photo across the road, or John 3:16.

Press 800 is sold at MS Colour at about S$6.50 each

Jerome
    Guests

Personally I prefer E100VS. Provia 100F is good but I find it sometimes give a slightly cold bluish tone on overcast days.

Originally posted by Jerome
    Personally I prefer E100VS. Provia 100F is good but I find it sometimes give a slightly cold bluish tone on overcast days.
    Yeah. That's the worst part about Provia. Happens in shaded areas too.

Regards
    CK