Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Latest Electronics Fairs

  1. #1

    Default Latest Electronics Fairs

    Hi guys,

    thought I'd start a thread cause there are always so many IT fairs happening and it will be great if we cld all share if we see any.

    I am a bit late but saw that there's a liang court renovation sale going on.
    For us photography enthusiasts, there are some camera deals that I saw. If you're looking to upgrade, could check it out still.
    Think that they are clearing stocks to make space for their renovation as what it says.. so could get some really great last min deals?
    Anyway, saw it from this link:
    Audio House Electronics, TV, Notebooks & Appliances Offers @ Liang Court 3 – 12 Aug 2013 | Singapore Promotions

    If you guys know of any more deals around, please share!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Quote Originally Posted by gooduser View Post
    Hi guys,

    thought I'd start a thread cause there are always so many IT fairs happening and it will be great if we cld all share if we see any.

    I am a bit late but saw that there's a liang court renovation sale going on.
    For us photography enthusiasts, there are some camera deals that I saw. If you're looking to upgrade, could check it out still.
    Think that they are clearing stocks to make space for their renovation as what it says.. so could get some really great last min deals?
    Anyway, saw it from this link:
    Audio House Electronics, TV, Notebooks & Appliances Offers @ Liang Court 3 – 12 Aug 2013 | Singapore Promotions

    If you guys know of any more deals around, please share!
    You can get cheaper outside. As for the dual lens kit for the Nikon, I have no idea. But from the prices I see, its all the MSRP.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Quote Originally Posted by gooduser View Post
    Hi guys,

    thought I'd start a thread cause there are always so many IT fairs happening and it will be great if we cld all share if we see any.

    I am a bit late but saw that there's a liang court renovation sale going on.
    For us photography enthusiasts, there are some camera deals that I saw. If you're looking to upgrade, could check it out still.
    Think that they are clearing stocks to make space for their renovation as what it says.. so could get some really great last min deals?
    Anyway, saw it from this link:
    Audio House Electronics, TV, Notebooks & Appliances Offers @ Liang Court 3 12 Aug 2013 | Singapore Promotions

    If you guys know of any more deals around, please share!
    Usually what i would do is check out the online price of the item and then get quotes from shops like SLR Revolution, MS Color and etc. If the margin is not too much or very difficult to bring in, then would i consider getting local set. A bit moot but just yesterday was Harvey Norman show at Expo and Challenger member`s night at Funan. Other then waiting for those weekend IT shows, COMEX in Sep is just around the corner. Traditionally it is the biggest show of the year.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #4
    Member mageditor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Hong Kong
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Thanks for sharing. Might as well wait for Comex. You can find out more from the below links

    Comex 2013 is from 5th to 8th September. Same period as Natas Travel Fair.
    https://www.facebook.com/ComexITShow
    COMEX 2013 - Homepage

  5. #5
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Events section is for SPECIFIC EVENTS with EACH thread dedicated to ONE event

    moving this to kopitiam thanks
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mageditor View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Might as well wait for Comex. You can find out more from the below links

    Comex 2013 is from 5th to 8th September. Same period as Natas Travel Fair.
    https://www.facebook.com/ComexITShow
    COMEX 2013 - Homepage
    LOL what a joke. Please see the many many many many "comex/it fair/pc show" threads. It's a minor miracle to actually get a good deal there.
    Alpha

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    There are some good deals that can indeed be found at these shows..... just not for photography stuffs.... haha....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    There are some good deals that can indeed be found at these shows..... just not for photography stuffs.... haha....
    Usually just mobile plans, broadband plans and credit card offers. That's it.
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default

    Many yrs ago still can find some look quite gd deals. Now the so call gd deal mostly just package in a way it look "good". Give freebies etc but price same or higher. Yet has to fight with crowd.
    Some other electrical products other than camera, may still able to get some ok deal on those old models.

    Just my view, those from Audio House I will not bother to visit.
    10 over yrs ago already been mislead by their so call warehouse sales. The gd deal will often out of stock when u reached.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Those "good deals" are just bait for you to go there. Then they will try to push you to buy the more expensive stuff. When you enquire about the good deal, that deal is out of stock.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Quote Originally Posted by albertsy2 View Post
    Those "good deals" are just bait for you to go there. Then they will try to push you to buy the more expensive stuff. When you enquire about the good deal, that deal is out of stock.
    Haha, "bait-and-switch" will never die, it seems

    The free gifts? Normally bags, tripods and other accessories that will soon be listed on B&S. After battling the crowds at the fair, you then work trying to sell off the next-to-useless stuff, handling irritating enquiries...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    ^For your next "white elephant" christmas gift exchange party!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Rental of stalls at these fairs is high. They need to make a profit or break even. Prices will not be in your favour.
    A bunch of cheap and/or useless free gifts is used to tempt you to buy.
    Service is not good. They have a crowd to serve and no time to spend explaining to you how the thing works, even if they know.
    The temporary staff at the stalls are sometimes part-timers or students who cannot be expected to know the product well.

    Person attending fair walks into stall exhibit area.
    Part-time sales staff: Hi, can I help?
    Person attending fair: Yes, can your product XXX work with YYY to do ZZZ?

    Part-time sales staff, silent and dumbfounded stares blankly into outer space.......

    They are only ready for customers to ask: Do you sell A?
    Part-time sales staff: Yes, we sell A... or No, we don't have this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    There are some good deals that can indeed be found at these shows..... just not for photography stuffs.... haha....
    A good deal like this?

    Last edited by Sion; 14th August 2013 at 11:15 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Latest Electronics Fairs

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    There are some good deals that can indeed be found at these shows..... just not for photography stuffs.... haha....
    You'll never go wrong with Canon.


  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mageditor View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Might as well wait for Comex. You can find out more from the below links

    Comex 2013 is from 5th to 8th September. Same period as Natas Travel Fair.
    https://www.facebook.com/ComexITShow
    COMEX 2013 - Homepage
    I thot I just saw NATAs ad in Today's papers that they are doing it on 16-18 aug at expo hall 3, 4 and 5A?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •