STREET AND JOURNALISM PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
Participants shall be trained to look at the daily fleeting moments on the street in a different perspective.
They shall be led by the instructors on the various field trips and have a hands-on experience. Nearing the end of the course, they shall be briefed on the art of image selection and image editing. Usage of digital SLR is recommended. Upon completion of the course, the students are required to submit a portfolio of pictures for assessment. A course certificate will be issued to students who clear the assessment.
Duration : 6 weeks, 2 hours per session
Course Fee : S$150 (member), S$250 (non-member)
Language : English/Mandarin
Pre-requisite : Basic Photography Course
Instructor : Steven Yee, Goh Kim Hui
(Students of this course must have knowledge of the use of a 35mm camera)
1. Defining Street and Journalism Photography. Discuss on Street, Documentary, Press and Journalism photography. Case studies of selected photographers. Getting started. Steven Yee’s shooting workflow. What ASA rating to use? Shooting candids. What is non-photography? Preparing for a shoot. (Steven Yee)
2. Flash techniques: fill-in, bounced flash, use of 2 flashes, slow sync flash, flash ratio. (Goh Kim Hui)
3. Field trips taking pictures in day time. Applying techniques learned in the course. (Steven Yee)
4. Field trips taking pictures in night time. Applying techniques learned in the course. (Steven Yee)
5. Photo review and critique. Selecting the images for the picture story. (Steven Yee)
Do drop us an e-mail for more details.
6. Photo review and critique. Assembling the finished photo essay into soft copy. (Steven Yee)