Thread: Oly E10

Default Oly E10

Hi Guys,

Am using a Oly E10 and loving it. It meets most of my needs so dun see the need to upgrade yet.

Anyway, I got a minor problem. The rubberised surface on hand hold is disintegrating. Anyone out there know where I can get the rubber surface redone and the cost of doing so? Thanks so much.

I think the best place would still be to bring it back to Olympus to have it replaced.

This may be a long shot but would gaffer tae help? Gaffer offers good grip properties. But I'm not sure how it'll hold when the rubber beneath it is crumbling

Quote Originally Posted by khooi77
    Hi Guys,

Am using a Oly E10 and loving it. It meets most of my needs so dun see the need to upgrade yet.

Anyway, I got a minor problem. The rubberised surface on hand hold is disintegrating. Anyone out there know where I can get the rubber surface redone and the cost of doing so? Thanks so much.
    Hello Khooi77,

Nice to hear the E10 is doing good service all this while. A recent dpreview poster mentioned using the E10 for sports panorama amongst the big names. It was valued for its silent shutter.

I don't have a direct answer to your question. But the E1 body is based on the E10/E20. The last time I sent my E1 rubber grip for replacement (known problem with initial batches & I have been mounting a heavy flash off it) at Oly's service centre at High Street, the part price was approx $15+ for the moulded rubber, the labour charges was much higher at about $50, expect to lose your camera for a few days. It's been working fine since.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers,

that sounds like quite a decent price to replace the rubber grip.

do agree that the E-10 is a great camera, still capable of beautiful images.

Hi Raycsk,

Yeah I got a tape plastered over the handhold. Looks kinda sad but otherwise functions okay.

Hi Chancy,

Thanks for the tip. 15bucks seems a good price but the labour see a tad too high. Any way thanks for the tip. Will just bear with it for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by khooi77
    Hi Raycsk,

Yeah I got a tape plastered over the handhold. Looks kinda sad but otherwise functions okay.

Hi Chancy,

Thanks for the tip. 15bucks seems a good price but the labour see a tad too high. Any way thanks for the tip. Will just bear with it for the time being.
    I am wondering, maybe you should drop by Olympus Singapore and ask if you can indent the rubber grip and install yourself? Shouldn't be too difficult at all.