Thread: will pets get sian of eating the same food daily?

Unhappy will pets get sian of eating the same food daily?

i am not owners of any pets...but something strike me.

wondering if pets (eg fish, dogs, cats) would get bored of getting the same food daily?

i am thinking from human point of view. dunno if it works for animals too?

wouldn't it be too cruel that fish get fed with the same food daily?

their stomach cannot change the "food change" like us so easily...

last time my gerbils only selectively choose certain grains to eat... so i guess so...

but fishes... dunno... i think they prefer the tubiflex worms more... or those cockroches... they seem to dislike the dry fish food...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo

wondering if pets (eg fish, dogs, cats) would get bored of getting the same food daily?

Yes they do like a change in food sometimes

My pets do get tired of the same food...

so something the dog get canned food/ chicken / cod or salmon... even then, she gets bored... and need to prepared in different varieties.

I am not too sure for fishes though. They seem to be able to take the same food (maybe they have less choice than dogs / cats)
    Last edited by kitkat; 4th May 2005 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    Yes they do like a change in food sometimes

My pets do get tired of the same food...

so something the dog get canned food/ chicken / cod or salmon... even then, she gets bored... and need to prepared in different varieties.

I am not too sure for fishes though. They seem to be able to take the same food (maybe they have less choice than dogs / cats)
    maybe the fish will tell u... damn... i open my mouth i drink water, i try to taste the food it slip into my stomach... den even if i tasted the food... it tasted washed out... maybe can you kind owners please add some rose syrup or fanta grape into the water instead?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    maybe the fish will tell u... damn... i open my mouth i drink water, i try to taste the food it slip into my stomach... den even if i tasted the food... it tasted washed out... maybe can you kind owners please add some rose syrup or fanta grape into the water instead?
    eeeek ... need to call SPCA liao

from my experience, cats are quite creatures of habit. u ffed new one also gotta introduce slowly.

and fishes, if u buy wild or wat rite, they used to feeling live food...dammmnnnn hard to get them to slowly change to dry food.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo

Actually the answer is quite simple ...... some human also eat the same food everyday for their whole life and they don't complain ..... Changi Prison, Mental hospital, the very poor, SAF?, even some at hawker centre, etc...

It's all depend whether you eat to live or live to eat ......
    always the Light, .... always.

Actually you should try to rotate the different brands and flavours, not that they understand why... but if u want to appease your mind... go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    eeeek ... need to call SPCA liao

SPCA ?? They r a very cruel org that have no compassion towards animals.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    SPCA ?? They r a very cruel org that have no compassion towards animals.
    ??? Huh???
    How can that be true?

what i mean cruel is that maybe the cats and dogs get bored of getting the same food but they have no choice but to eat the same stuff since they have no other food available.

sort of forced to eat the same old stuff.

or actually, the dogs and cats like eating same stuff daily?

talk about dogs, last time i eat wat i also let my dog eat, sometimes he will dislike some food, sometimes he like certain food... his fave is eggs & chicken wings... den give him eat vege he take & hide at corner... same chao kuan as me... hahaha...

Pls be reminded that this kind of treads are best posted somewhere else. Ie HWZ's EDMW.

Even though it Kopitiam here but we do expect members to have the courtesy or not posting so many super bo liao tread.

I urge members from now to excerise more thinking before posting a new tread.

Thank You for your co-operation.

Mod
    Kopitiam.

Tread will therefor be close.