Thread: Photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode?

Default Photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode?

Hi Guys! I have a sets of photo and i have done my editing. Now i wanted to send for photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode in photoshop before i save? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joezzz
    Hi Guys! I have a sets of photo and i have done my editing. Now i wanted to send for photo developing, should i set to cymk or rgb mode in photoshop before i save? Thanks!
    Depending on where your files will end up. If you are developing them at a photo lab such as fotohub, save them in RGB. For offset printing, it is always CMYK.
    Last edited by photobum; 4th May 2005 at 08:19 AM.

To send to Photodevelopment... its CMYK!
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Send for Colorlab printing = RGB
    Send for Offset printing = CMYK

May i ask, what is offset printing? i hear it is something like mass printing?

Quote Originally Posted by joezzz
    For photo lab use RGB.

offset printing mostly use for commercial print like - magazine, it need CYMK to do colour seperation for making plates.

Quote Originally Posted by waiaung
    To send to Photodevelopment... its CMYK!
    This is the first time I heard sending an image file to a photo lab in CMYK. Which school of thought is that?

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    This is the first time I heard sending an image file to a photo lab in CMYK. Which school of thought is that?
    Hehhee... Maybe the old old low end labs use ink jet printers for photo development? Who knows.

Anyway..as what's mentioned, most photo labs are on RGB. Machines like Kodak, Fujifilm and Konica are the same.

If you are sending for commercial prints (magazine, prochures or whatever). CMYK will be the output standard.

Thanks guys! I am suar ku in using digital! Thanks for you guys helps! I deeply appreciated.