Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Prepaid Debit Card

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    467

    Default Prepaid Debit Card

    Anybody know where to get prepaid debit card in SG? I know online have a few like fevocard but need to have a debit card in the first place to order these cards. Any where else where I can go to shop and just cash on delivery?

    PS: can anyone help me order stuff online? I will pay you back the money + $1/2 for helping! Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie12 View Post
    Anybody know where to get prepaid debit card in SG? I know online have a few like fevocard but need to have a debit card in the first place to order these cards. Any where else where I can go to shop and just cash on delivery?

    PS: can anyone help me order stuff online? I will pay you back the money + $1/2 for helping! Thanks!
    prepaid debit card?

    not sure what that is. but you can apply for a debit card at any bank if you have a personal savings account

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    seem like TS is not reach legal age to apply his own debit card,
    why don't ask your parents for a supplement credit card?


    anyway, most people will want to take the risk and trouble of ordering any items on behalf.
    for $1 or $2, it is not worth the efforts.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4

    Default

    The legal age is 18.

    But having a debit card opens doors to uncontrolled spending

  5. #5

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    The legal age is 18.

    But having a debit card opens doors to uncontrolled spending
    Nah.. he'll hit the limit when his balance is 0

  6. #6

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Maybank seems to have what you're looking for:

    This Card makes the perfect gift for loved ones. Get your limited edition Card for just S$25 at all Maybank Branches in Singapore now.

    - Card is fully transferable
    - No annual or maintenance fee, age or income limitation
    - More top-up options for registered Cardmembers

    Prepaid Card - Zodiac Series | Maybank Singapore
    Edit: M1 too: M1 Prepaid MasterCard
    Last edited by kandinsky; 8th August 2013 at 01:22 AM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Maybank seems to have what you're looking for:



    Edit: M1 too: M1 Prepaid MasterCard
    Thanks a lot! This is something I was finding. But do you know if I can just purchase them at a shop? Do I need to go through any procedure?


    To the rest: Yep I'm not of legal age yet but afraid to ask parents due to financial reasons. I know that I may not be able to control spending but will try

  8. #8

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    seem like TS is not reach legal age to apply his own debit card,
    why don't ask your parents for a supplement credit card?


    anyway, most people will want to take the risk and trouble of ordering any items on behalf.
    for $1 or $2, it is not worth the efforts.
    Fat wish bro, I think he mean half dollar (50 cents) from the way he wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie12 View Post
    I will pay you back the money + $1/2 for helping! Thanks!

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie12 View Post
    Thanks a lot! This is something I was finding. But do you know if I can just purchase them at a shop? Do I need to go through any procedure?


    To the rest: Yep I'm not of legal age yet but afraid to ask parents due to financial reasons. I know that I may not be able to control spending but will try

    is a very bad ideal to spend the money without letting your parents knowing about it,

    every parents want to control the spending of their children, it is not about the money, is how the way their children spending it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Fat wish bro, I think he mean half dollar (50 cents) from the way he wrote.

    huh?

    $0.50 per order?

    can't even buy a cup of kopi at anywhere!!
    and please don't tell me still have to go to his school to pass the item to him, collect the money, and take the $0.50 to drink kopi from his school tuckshop??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Prepaid Debit Card

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    is a very bad ideal to spend the money without letting your parents knowing about it,

    every parents want to control the spending of their children, it is not about the money, is how the way their children spending it.
    Yeah I know but it's... a gift for them so need to be a surprise

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Fat wish bro, I think he mean half dollar (50 cents) from the way he wrote.
    I meant $1/$2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •