Thread: Germany

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

Default Germany

Hi Member of ClubSNAP.

Will be travelling to Germany this coming September. Will be there for about a month or two, had already made the necessary arrangements.

Little to fact that I forgotten about staying in touch with love one daily, and calling around this coming trip.

With that, was wondering if any member had travel to Germany and got a mobile prepaid card(probably with data ant 1-3GB) would be enough..

Kindly share as it would be great for me to facilitate my round trip.....

Pasir Ris, Singapore

Default Re: Germany

Which part of Germany are you going to? There is a mobile store at Munich airport, along the way towards the bus/taxi terminal. You can get a prepaid card there with about 2GB data for about 30 Euros (IIRC).

There are plenty of mobile prepaid supplier and companies. Some does not have English website and you need to activate them online. Cheapest is the e-plus blanc or something like that but their website is in German. If you can read, then great. If not, I suggest get one that is vonefone or O2 which has English translation - but their plans are not as great.

Have a look at this link... and decide which one you want to take. Should be able to get it at airport and some shops near to where you would stay...

Default Re: Germany

I am in germany for the last 6 month , coming back to Sing now. My advice is, to get a prepaid card form one of the grocery discouters in germany, such as Lidl or Aldi. Lidl, for example, gives you 100 minutes of talktime plus 100 sms ( each additional minute / sms 9 cent), plus unlimited data data usage for 9.95 euro for one month. Install skype and whatsap , and you are covered. Aldi gives you 300 minutes of combined talk or sms , plus 300 mb high speed internet, therafter reduced speed of internet unlimited for 7.99, for one month. The only catch is that you need someone with a german passport to register the sim card. If you cant find anyone with a german passort to register, you have to go for the more expensive option on prepaid cards for international travellers, like the card you mention above form the airport.