Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Alpha 65 VS D5200

  1. #1

    Default Alpha 65 VS D5200

    Hi Folks, am looking at A-65, like its fps, really fast to capture and somemore its autofocus is very good.

    Do anyone used it for low light shooting such as night shot? Is it good as well?

    How would you rate if you compare A65 with D5200?

  2. #2

    Default D5200 VS SLT A-65

    Hi, i am newbie to photography (DSLR), only used P&S.

    I would like to get a DSLR for better IQ and also better fps, because I am taking my baby, and he moves alot. Therefore the P&S camera cannot make it liao.

    I am considering D5200 and A-65. Budget should be 1.5k, therefore A-77 not considering.

    I tried A-65, its AF is excellent as compared to D5200, but am considering whether is that a good camera in IQ as compared to the other popular DSLR such as Canon and Nikon? Also, do not know how its low-light and night shoot fares?

    Anyone try D5200 on shooting fast moving objects or compared with A-65? Which one is better in the fps, IQ, AF?

    Thanks in Advance.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Alpha 65 VS D5200

    a camera is a camera is a camera.

    the only difference is that one's about almost a year older than the other.

    A65 isn't known for it's High ISO capabilities, but rather the Autofocus and Usability features over the Canikon counterparts like tilt/swivel screen, fast AF in movie mode and Focus Peaking for Manual Focusing

  4. #4
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: D5200 VS SLT A-65

    Quote Originally Posted by jorker1237 View Post
    Hi, i am newbie to photography (DSLR), only used P&S.

    I would like to get a DSLR for better IQ and also better fps, because I am taking my baby, and he moves alot. Therefore the P&S camera cannot make it liao.

    I am considering D5200 and A-65. Budget should be 1.5k, therefore A-77 not considering.

    I tried A-65, its AF is excellent as compared to D5200, but am considering whether is that a good camera in IQ as compared to the other popular DSLR such as Canon and Nikon? Also, do not know how its low-light and night shoot fares?

    Anyone try D5200 on shooting fast moving objects or compared with A-65? Which one is better in the fps, IQ, AF?

    Thanks in Advance.
    Sony is as good a camera as Canon and Nikon, afterall many brands actually make use of Sony's sensor. To take fast moving subject, having good fps is one thing... the most important thing in my opinion is the speed and accuracy of AF. If you find the AF better in Sony... then that might be the camera to go... Another camera you could look into is Canon's latest offering (not sure when it will hit the shores though), and it is the 70D, it should have excellent IQ, AF speed (both liveview and viewfinder) and so far reviews (or previews) are excellent.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  5. #5

    Default

    Do note that the a65 will give you fast af in live view and a great articulating lcd for those low angle/etc shots. The d5200 does not have this.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: D5200 VS SLT A-65

    This gets asked often and anxious parents always think the next whiz-bang will 'do it all' for them at a press of a button.
    I'd rather advocate the use of proper technique.

    Here is a thread I started a while ago.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.


    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/penta...ld-thread.html

  7. #7

    Default

    Also, note that night landscapes normally do not use high ISO.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: D5200 VS SLT A-65

    Thanks, it is useful. I agreed that photography is an art with skill rather. Machine does a small part.

    But its the reality, such as the investment in the "right" camera, hence need to consider seriously. haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    This gets asked often and anxious parents always think the next whiz-bang will 'do it all' for them at a press of a button.
    I'd rather advocate the use of proper technique.

    Here is a thread I started a while ago.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.




    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/penta...ld-thread.html

  9. #9

    Default Re: D5200 VS SLT A-65

    Quote Originally Posted by jorker1237 View Post
    Thanks, it is useful. I agreed that photography is an art with skill rather. Machine does a small part.

    But its the reality, such as the investment in the "right" camera, hence need to consider seriously. haha.
    A few years back, the difference may be more, but nowadays, all cameras can perform quite well in low light (eg. indoors; though I'd recommend a flash for best quality o/p over just high ISO)

    The key differences nowadays are usually features, form factor, value for money.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •