Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you help if a bloodied man ask you to send him to hospital in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    For those who says call ambulance, let the pro handle it, etc. There is a point in the news that I forgot to highlight. There are 10+ people with choppers and knives runnning after him. So you are left with a split second decision - either unlock and let the person in or drive off and hope that he does not get slashed to death. There is no time for any other options. So rethink what will you do when faced with such a decision. Afterall, it seems to be happening more common nowadays. This may help you to know how to react when you happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For those who responded that you do not drive. I think the answer is obviously to stay clear and not get implicated. In fact, I would think you should slip away quickly. I am not sure if bursting into a sprint may catch the attention of the assailants as they may think you are one of them. Also trying to help may be the worse option since there are 10 over weapons wielding agitated fellows who are intent on drawing blood.

This led me to think of another scenario. If you happens to be driving in the middle of the night at 140km/hr along NS highway. There is no car in front nor behind you. Your headlights can only illuminate about 50m ahead of you. Then a white human like figure drift into your lane from the side out of dark. There is not enough time nor distance to gauge if it is a human or not. It calls for an instant reaction. Would you jam brakes, swerve into the dark and risk crashing into trees/barriers or just run over the figure hoping not to hear a thump?
    The 7th month starts tonight

Default Re: Would you help if a bloodied man ask you to send him to hospital in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    The 7th month starts tonight
    oops....

Default Re: Would you help if a bloodied man ask you to send him to hospital in your car?

And what would you all hope for in such a situation if you were the victim..?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    And what would you all hope for in such a situation if you were the victim..?
    the sweet sweet bosom of a japanese nurse

I'm more concerned why there's an increase in such weapons related incidents lately. Are the aggressors not concerned about the consequences? Is our law too light to deal with it?
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    I'm more concerned why there's an increase in such weapons related incidents lately. Are the aggressors
    not concerned about the consequences? Is our law too light to deal with it?
    Yes. The law is too light of such weapons assault cases. The people who do it are an invisible under-class that has little or nothing to lose.
    Going in and out of prison is like just another trip to them. Their attitude is - so what if they get caught?
    Contrary to the claims on TV, (I think) this was NOT a spontaneous fight that happened on the spur of the moment.

20 gangsters hacking at an unarmed man with weapons is definitely not an impulsive sudden wish.

It is irrelevant whether the gangsters brought their own choppers/knives or grabbed them from the hawkers.

I think the person interviewed on TV watered down the incident, because he did not want it to look like he has lost control of the constituency, or allowed it to become crime-ridden. Especially so close to National Day.

This is what I think happened:
    This was a premeditated gangster hit. The victim misbehaved in the KTV and the offended party and/or KTV owner and/or the KTV bouncers made a call to the gangs they pay protection fees to. Suitable numbers of underworld "fighters" immediately turn up to do the hacking.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 8th August 2013 at 05:42 PM.

I'm more concerned why there's an increase in such weapons related incidents lately. Are the aggressors not concerned about the consequences? Is our law too light to deal with it?
    There is likely an increase in the amount of reports. Similar to many other issues that suddenly appear to be so widespread.
    Aggressors in this moment are not concerned about the law, reason has been suspended already long ago.
    The law is not meant to protect anybody from assaults, it is meant to deal with it after it happened. Law is always retroactive, never preventive. Prevention is the responsibility of the society. Since you are a member of it .. what have you done lately in this regard..?
    EOS

There is likely an increase in the amount of reports. Similar to many other issues that suddenly appear to be so widespread.
    Aggressors in this moment are not concerned about the law, reason has been suspended already long ago.
    The law is not meant to protect anybody from assaults, it is meant to deal with it after it happened. Law is always retroactive, never preventive. Prevention is the responsibility of the society. Since you are a member of it .. what have you done lately in this regard..?
    i defended a poor and helpless model from police dogs

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i defended a poor and helpless model from police dogs
    The dogs were not after the girl.. no meat
    EOS

The dogs were not after the girl.. no meat
    I think it is. It is barking at the cat

The policeman on the left is turning into thin air, quite eerie considering the time of the year.

This regard? Personally, I'm not a violent person & don't encourage it either. As Einstein said, "Peace can only be achieved by understanding" but obviously those people chose to use bloody violence to show understanding

These people are not just using fist fight but carrying weapons to hack that may cause death. I remember always see them being charged as "causing riots etc" & don't think the punishment is harsh or perhaps it is. However, the victims will be scarred permanently, maimed or dead and what if innocent public were harmed? If the law is not sending a strong message across like drug trafficking=death which I think is preventive then perhaps the parliament should discuss it.
    My Little Port

This regard? Personally, I'm not a violent person & don't encourage it either. As Einstein said, "Peace can only be achieved by understanding" but obviously those people chose to use bloody violence to show understanding
    That's exactly my question. What have you (and others here) done lately to support this understanding?
    I see many times that people call for harsher laws and harsher punishment, more police and whatnot. Similar to the other thread where TS wanted to outsource NDP clearing up activities to some cheap foreign workers instead of using NS men it seems to be the call of the time to outsource things to somebody else. Somebody else should deal with it. The relevant authorities should step in. But when the police and courts deal with it it is too late, the damage is done and people have suffered.
    EOS

That's exactly my question. What have you (and others here) done lately to support this understanding?
    I see many times that people call for harsher laws and harsher punishment, more police and whatnot. Similar to the other thread where TS wanted to outsource NDP clearing up activities to some cheap foreign workers instead of using NS men it seems to be the call of the time to outsource things to somebody else. Somebody else should deal with it. The relevant authorities should step in. But when the police and courts deal with it it is too late, the damage is done and people have suffered.

Hmmm, can you please enlighten me/us but what do you want us to understand about people who go around wielding knives killing one another in the streets of Singapore?

I think Law is necessary to prevent us from behaving like animals, it is not too late when relevant authorities deal with it because they are there to award justice to the victims & set a record so as to prevent more victims in future & let criminals think twice before acting on it. Just like Drink driving as well. If the Law is not so tough, I'm sure there'll be more unfortunate cases.

On the social side, everything starts from young & how our parents/teachers/religions teach us about loving one another then use force.

It has nothing to do with the other thread about outsourcing of manpower. Totally irrelevant IMO. Those of us who have done NS will know that NS is "cheap labour" and there are certain things that needed manpower, we do it together & get over it. Nothing more to gripe about.
    My Little Port

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12