Thread: Mata-mata needs some detective work

Default Mata-mata needs some detective work

Hmmm .... so in a scene depicting the Hock Lee Bus Riots (1955), George Young's character is shooting with a Yashica Electro 35 from 1966, or more probably the 1973 hotshoe version. Did he meet Marty McFly or Prof Brown earlier?

Not a big deal I guess, but since MediocreCorp kept broadcasting the trailers (over and over again *urghh*), and actors kept talking about authenticity...

You'd think that after spending so much on props and sets, they could at least have sprung for an old Contaflex or authentic 50s camera, even one that didn't work! (try Sungei Rd, chaps)

Default Re: Mata-mata needs some detective work

They probably thought viewers won't know the difference.

I wouldn't but that's cause I am oblivious
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

I wouldn't but that's cause I am oblivious
    I wouldn't coz I don't watch at all.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

i only like to see the minah.

what a douchey 'stache

Judging by all the comments, CS folks are obviously not the suitable audience

Dun know got this show..... documentary or what??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Dun know got this show..... documentary or what??
    New mediacorp tv series. First screening is after national day celebration itself.

Why watch an inaccurate TV crime drama, when you can see the real thing (but at 3am).

Man's gash needs 37 stitches after Lavender Food Centre slashing | Singapore Seen

Lousy reporting on TV, as well online. After all the fuss, still no mention of the name of the culprit KTV. No names of the victims.
    I have been to all 3 KTVs in Eminent Plaza. Just behave yourself and they will treat you respectfully.
    Because of this case, the police will surely cancel the KTV operating licence. Owner has to close shop immediately.

why watch local crap? watch this !! very intensive, more actions than game of throne...

Last edited by ninelives; 4th August 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Objection !!!

Why the guy's head so big and body so small?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Hmmm .... so in a scene depicting the Hock Lee Bus Riots (1955), George Young's character is shooting with a Yashica Electro 35 from 1966, or more probably the 1973 hotshoe version. Did he meet Marty McFly or Prof Brown earlier?

Not a big deal I guess, but since MediocreCorp kept broadcasting the trailers (over and over again *urghh*), and actors kept talking about authenticity...

You'd think that after spending so much on props and sets, they could at least have sprung for an old Contaflex or authentic 50s camera, even one that didn't work! (try Sungei Rd, chaps)
    Last yr mediacorp/raintree made a movie of sg in the 50's with the recreated old Great world City as the main on location shoot. In their movie poster it show one of them holding a canon DSLR with I think is a 580X.
    The prop side must be thinking no need to prapre just borrow from the photograher.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsamhui View Post
    Last yr mediacorp/raintree made a movie of sg in the 50's with the recreated old Great world City as the main on location shoot. In their movie poster it show one of them holding a canon DSLR with I think is a 580X.
    The prop side must be thinking no need to prapre just borrow from the photograher.
    Last year? it was 2010! http://www.downtowneast.com.sg/uploa...W-OB-Board.jpg

let's play Back to the Future!

Last edited by kei1309; 4th August 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsamhui View Post
    Well, I really hope that was just the movie poster -- it would be absolutely dreadful if a character was actually portrayed using a DSLR!
    At least for the Mata-mata goof, most viewers wouldn't know the diff.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Judging by all the comments, CS folks are obviously not the suitable audience
    We are the marketing target of Jap AV video importers.

Just saw the advert of this mata-mata. It says got many well known casts. I am looking through the frames trying to see if I recognize anyone. To my astonishment, I cannot name anyone.

I think I am no longer in touch with Mediacorp. After Fiona Xie left, my heart has left too.

nothing wrong with the character using a DSLR. The character was in present times, interviewing people about the past and the movie story is simply old folks remniscing good old times

Well, I really hope that was just the movie poster -- it would be absolutely dreadful if a character was actually portrayed using a DSLR!
    At least for the Mata-mata goof, most viewers wouldn't know the diff.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    nothing wrong with the character using a DSLR. The character was in present times, interviewing people about the past and the movie story is simply old folks remniscing good old times
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake. But just feel don't fit in

At least a Rolleicord or Rolleiflex TLR should cover that 50s period geezus. Anyway they kept on showing trailers to promote
    the show .Instead of 'Mata Mata' it should be 'Gashak Buta'
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/