Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: canon versus leica - the changing value of things ( a personal walk)

Default Re: canon versus leica - the changing value of things ( a personal walk)

Leica digitals bodes = digital trash !!

M9-P new was 10700..... saw one mint yesterday at 6300..... show me where the value is ???? LOL !!
    Looking for Nikon SLR - F's, F2, F2AS, F2T, F3T HP, F3P, FM2T. (Limited editions also)

Default Re: canon versus leica - the changing value of things ( a personal walk)

shoot more talk less.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

thank you all for your refreshing and enlightening comments. really appreciate your feedback n thoughts. to machbot and snowver thanks i now realize that there are other items out there that hold value,

my intention of starting this thread was to share personal thoughts that even in this use and throw away world which we now live in where products are mass produced there are makers of photographic equipment which treat consumers as individuals and not just as digits in the profit game. my experience with leica has been positive. 15 years ago i arrived in new york city for a one mth hioliday when my trusty M6 winder failed. in a panic i called leica new york and was asked to courier the faulty cam to new jersey for assessment. my cost? $70 USD . i waited with bated breath for the quote- expecting a hefty bill for the emergency repair to b done within 48 hrs so that i could continue on my holiday. the workshop manager replied " no charge sir this is our christmas present to you !" AMAZING ! and the cam was returned to me 3 hrs before i left nyc via courier with the faulty parts changed and put in a plasstic bag. $70USD was my total cost for the emergency repair.

looking at leica auctions on line we see that certain items not only hold but also appreciate in value. ( i bot a used R 35 to 70 zoom many years ago used it 3 years and sold at a $500 profit) i do not advocate buying cams as an investment. they are tools to be used like many of you have said and whcih i totally agree. but its nice to know that what u buy, use and enjoy can at times be left as a legacy with intrinsic value intact

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123