Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Pretty in kimono

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Pretty in kimono

    A portrait of my meow ... :P



    PS. Hope Zeckson won't have a crush on my model here ... :P

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,152

    Default

    Bro may be can add some lip stick?

  3. #3

    Default Nice Pic..

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    A portrait of my meow ... :P



    Hi

    The pic is sharp and well lit...very nice..
    What is your lightintg setup? Did you do this
    in a studio or your lighting from home etc?

    AND I love your photography website... the photo are very nice..
    the flash you use to display your images are impressive..
    did you code them yourself?

    Regards

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super.armadillo
    Hi

    The pic is sharp and well lit...very nice..
    What is your lightintg setup? Did you do this
    in a studio or your lighting from home etc?

    AND I love your photography website... the photo are very nice..
    the flash you use to display your images are impressive..
    did you code them yourself?

    Regards
    thanks. lighting was just light from my window.

    i bought the flash thingy. don't have the patience to code it myself (age is catching up perhaps :P)

    cheers

    ndroo

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petf69
    Bro may be can add some lip stick?
    aiyooo add lip stick eh? hehehe ok next time i do that (after i buy a spare kitty)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Everywhere where e sun shines
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    thanks. lighting was just light from my window.

    i bought the flash thingy. don't have the patience to code it myself (age is catching up perhaps :P)

    cheers

    ndroo
    solly...code wat???...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelster
    solly...code wat???...
    from here?
    http://www.imagevuex.com/

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelster
    solly...code wat???...
    code 10 ... hair cream ... heheheh

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sathea
    yesh yesh

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    A portrait of my meow ... :P

    PS. Hope Zeckson won't have a crush on my model here ... :P


    But please ... I think we should gives him a break ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  11. #11

    Lightbulb

    above all, it is more appropriate to post your image under Abstracts and Still-lifes. your subject is lifeless.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    above all, it is more appropriate to post your image under Abstracts and Still-lifes. your subject is lifeless.
    oops. can mod please help move this? i thought it's a portrait of kitty :P

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Thanks Mod for moving it here.

    Wow a title like this can make this pic get 300+ views in these couple of hours. heheh

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    thanks. lighting was just light from my window.

    i bought the flash thingy. don't have the patience to code it myself (age is catching up perhaps :P)

    cheers

    ndroo
    Paiseh, pardon my ignorance..I am really interested to learn your technique.. so, I hope you will bear with me.

    How did you get that black background so black and let the cat so well lit?
    No other lighting? You place the cat and background next to the window?
    Do you use any background card etc?

    Actually, if you don't mind, can you kindly shoot a pic of your setup with your cat but more wide so that I can see the set and the light etc.. BUT only if it is convenient for you.. I tried to do some still life but I cannot achieve this kind of quality.. But once again, only if it is convenient for you..

    Regards

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super.armadillo
    Paiseh, pardon my ignorance..I am really interested to learn your technique.. so, I hope you will bear with me.

    How did you get that black background so black and let the cat so well lit?
    No other lighting? You place the cat and background next to the window?
    Do you use any background card etc?

    Actually, if you don't mind, can you kindly shoot a pic of your setup with your cat but more wide so that I can see the set and the light etc.. BUT only if it is convenient for you.. I tried to do some still life but I cannot achieve this kind of quality.. But once again, only if it is convenient for you..

    Regards
    oh no problem. actually the background is pretty dark. i just used photoshop's 'burn' too to darken it. i do not have a pic of the setup, but i just put the kitty on a mini fridge beside the window and took the pic.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    oh no problem. actually the background is pretty dark. i just used photoshop's 'burn' too to darken it. i do not have a pic of the setup, but i just put the kitty on a mini fridge beside the window and took the pic.
    Hmm.. let me try to break it down.
    1) Put kitty against dark (or black background)
    2) Looking at the light.. look like it is quite sunny?
    3) Snap the pic with WB set to err.. Shady/Cloudy or Auto or Direct Sunlight?
    4) Result Picture
    5) Select the background (either channel, select etc) and burn it..?
    6) Increase the saturation and then unsharp mask?
    Last edited by super.armadillo; 2nd May 2005 at 10:38 PM.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    1) Put kitty against dark (or black background)
    * Yes

    2) Looking at the light.. look like it is quite sunny?
    * Yes, it was pretty bright just now

    3) Snap the pic with WB set to err.. Shady/Cloudy or Auto or Direct Sunlight?
    I used auto WB

    4) Result Picture

    5) Select the background (either channel, select etc) and burn it..?
    * I didn't do any selection, just free hand burning (using mouse)

    6) Increase the saturation and then unsharp mask?
    * Increased saturation slightly (as straight out of cam color from my cam pretty rox) and unsharp mask

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    1) Put kitty against dark (or black background)
    * Yes

    2) Looking at the light.. look like it is quite sunny?
    * Yes, it was pretty bright just now

    3) Snap the pic with WB set to err.. Shady/Cloudy or Auto or Direct Sunlight?
    I used auto WB

    4) Result Picture

    5) Select the background (either channel, select etc) and burn it..?
    * I didn't do any selection, just free hand burning (using mouse)

    6) Increase the saturation and then unsharp mask?
    * Increased saturation slightly (as straight out of cam color from my cam pretty rox) and unsharp mask
    Thanks! Appreciate it.. I will try it in my next shoot..

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo.com
    PS. Hope Zeckson won't have a crush on my model here ... :P
    Bwahahahaha.......

  20. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super.armadillo
    Thanks! Appreciate it.. I will try it in my next shoot..
    u r welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •