Thread: Canon inkjet printing tips

Default Canon inkjet printing tips

Hope to create a FAQ eventually, but these are my tentative conclusions:

(1) As indicated by Canon, quality 1 (max) does not appear to produce visibly better results than quality 2. Quality 2 prints in half the time... for my s800 - 2 min for A4 print.

(2) I print with 'ICM' ON particularly for digital images. Though I am sceptical of automated colour management, the Canon one seems to be effective. Furthermore, it does not result in a narrowing of gamut/oversaturated. Colours remain natural (actually more natural than when viewed on screen... suggesting that the driver remaps narrow colourspace pics onto a wider colourspace?)

(3) At 60 cm viewing distance, there is no real difference difference between Photo paper Pro ($1.25/sheet) and Glossy Photo paper($0.73/sheet). Photo paper Pro is 'glossier' and thus looks a bit better, but the actual printout - colour and resolution wise - can't say one is better than the other. Of course Photo paper Pro is 25 years lightfast and less prone to curling....

comments/ other printing tips from other canon printer users welcome....

Default how to calibrate printer

Any ideas how to calibrate your printer to make it print as close as possible in terms of color, contrast, brightness etc to what u see on ur computer screen? (using photoshop 6 and Canon S600)