Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Thread: What is your goal in photography?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    I am just wondering what is the goal that you want to achieve in photography?

    As for me, after shooting this & that for a while, I am kind of lost. I don't really know what I want to achieve. For example, shooting portraits, is it just that pretty face? or you want to be another Greg Gorman or Sarah Silver? If just another Greg Gorman, then you will forever be 2nd class at best; if not, what do you want to be? I am just terribly lost.
    why not be yourself? develop your own unique photographic style, then in the future, aspiring photographers will want to be another Barracuda.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  2. #22
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    a chance to strike a conversation with pretty ladies/models
    You've got your wish. This lady is waiting for you nightly at OCH:


  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    why not be yourself? develop your own unique photographic style, then in the future, aspiring photographers will want to be another Barracuda.
    Thank you for your encouraging words. That's exactly what I am trying, but now I feel like I am in the middle of a misty jungle, lost, not knowing which direction to go. I need to find some inspirations.
    Come visit my blog

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    Thank you for your encouraging words. That's exactly what I am trying, but now I feel like I am in the middle of a misty jungle, lost, not knowing which direction to go. I need to find some inspirations.
    check out the best galleries at pbase....and try out similar projects and concepts. it will definitely revitalise ur photography and give u fresh inspiration.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    You've got your wish. This lady is waiting for you nightly at OCH:

    No tks ... u can have her all to yrself
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    No tks ... u can have her all to yrself
    so....to recap.

    for gorgeous models like constance, contact petf69 or charby.
    for ghostly models who reside in old haunted buildings, contact sion.

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    so....to recap.

    for gorgeous models like constance, contact petf69 or charby.
    for ghostly models who reside in old haunted buildings, contact sion.

    Zaren & eow,

    Just turn up at OCH. No apointments are needed.

    Judy, Patricia and Gale are all free for you to shoot before sunrise.

    They may be a bit stiff and cold to pose leh. Please post your results here.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Zaren & eow,

    Just turn up at OCH. No apointments are needed.

    Judy, Patricia and Gale are all free for you to shoot before sunrise.

    They may be a bit stiff and cold to pose leh. Please post your results here.
    so the one in the photo is judy, patricia or gale?

    dun forget you have to hold the incense erm i mean the reflector during the shoot.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  9. #29
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    check out the best galleries at pbase....and try out similar projects and concepts. it will definitely revitalise ur photography and give u fresh inspiration.
    Or you could take an extended break, like what I'm doing, and engage in anything but photography. Surprisingly, you will take better pictures when you know what you want.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    have fun and pass time

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Or you could take an extended break, like what I'm doing, and engage in anything but photography. Surprisingly, you will take better pictures when you know what you want.
    one way is to take a break...another way is to keep plugging away and trying something different. no harm experimenting with both approaches.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  12. #32
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    My goal I guess is to take a few photo's that I can sit back and think," Those are damn good".

    May never happen, but it is my goal and I'm sticking to it

    Cheers.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  13. #33

    Default

    memories, photography to me helps me retain menories, check out my website and u will see 2 travelogues that I done....helps me relives them


  14. #34

    Default

    To document my environment as an existential statement.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voigtlander
    To document my environment as an existential statement.
    er...what does that mean ?

    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    I believe a major percentage of people on this forum has no direction or purpose in photography. Camera equipment are just like their electronic gadgets, like the everyday mp3 players and PDA. I was talking to a friend recently about model shoot. I told him I was not surprised that people are willing to pay to see beautiful models, but why pay that $40-60 to see a beautiful model. If I am to do that, I would pay the money to "enjoy" myself instead of seeing the model and "masterbed" over it. Of course I do not pay for such service, as I do not have the need to.


    Back to photography, is it not basically creating pictures we personally want to see? Of course when we factor in the cost, time and influence by others it will change accordingly.

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    one way is to take a break...another way is to keep plugging away and trying something different. no harm experimenting with both approaches.
    more likely i will take the 2nd path. i still need to improve my technical skills in photography, so must practise more. taking a break is a good alternative, but i think that is for those who are already good in the technicals.
    Come visit my blog

  18. #38

    Default

    use photography to recreate art, which quite a few of us do, using photoshop, like "morphing" photos into paintings or enlarging our favourite prints as posters for the home?

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    My goal I guess is to take a few photo's that I can sit back and think," Those are damn good".


    Cheers.
    sounds easy, but damned difficult to achieve. keep it up, man.
    Come visit my blog

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    more likely i will take the 2nd path. i still need to improve my technical skills in photography, so must practise more. taking a break is a good alternative, but i think that is for those who are already good in the technicals.
    another way is to sign up for photography courses/workshops at PSS, SAFRA, OBJECTIFS etc. anyway, you hit the nail on the head. practice makes perfect.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •