Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You can have a beautiful wife but make sure she is muscular enough to carry your camera bag, tripods, bottle drink etc.
    how about her?

come with a horse....

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Who knows the situation fully about the Thai couple fully to properly comment ? Maybe he just bought her an expensive gift ? Maybe she appreciates him working his a** off ? Maybe that represents care and love to her ?......
    You didn't say maybe he was Superman in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    how about her?
    come with a horse....
    Horse he can ride. But what to do with Xena?

To each his own. You are entitled to your requirements for your wife. I do ask mine to carry my tripod for me on occasion, but the default option is always that I handle my own gear. It is after all my hobby, etc. It is already good enough that she accompanies me along with those photography trips, no need to make it even more unbearable by giving her things to carry. Similarly, on shopping trips, unless she needs her hands free, she carries what she buys, unless it is unbearably heavy. Marriage is about mutual respect after all.

That said, if she happened to be a bodybuilder who can do 80 pullups at one go, then naturally I would expect her to carry everything all the time.

In any case, thinking that the guy is lucky because his wife carries his tripod for him is a little too hasty, don't you think? Maybe the guy looks at your wife, and feels that you are lucky because of her other virtues. It's not very different from camera gear in a sense, the grass is always greener on the other side but at the end of the day we choose what we choose and live with the shortcomings while embracing the pluses. Yes, maybe some wives cook better than others, etc, I do not think that it is wrong to state factually that A excels at some aspect better than B. But your wishing that your wife was the same to carry your gear for you does beg the question - why did you choose your wife in the first place? Surely you'd have known that she wasn't the sort to carry gear for you.. Life's too short to sit around and compare what you have to everyone else all the time.. You will just end up always coveting more, picking and choosing the best of everything when you can't have it all. That's definitely not a healthy thing to do..

By the way, it is also untrue that all pretty girls will not carry tripods if you ask them to (I would like to think that my wife is pretty, for instance). Cheers!
    Last edited by edutilos-; 31st July 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Horse he can ride. But what to do with Xena?
    actually, that is Callisto.

can ask her to take photos of him when he is shooting......... "photographer at work".... and post the photos all over the places.

than we will have a thread title as, "Saw a Photographer Everyday Everywhere"

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    (I would like to think that my wife is pretty, for instance). Cheers!

I do have couple of locksmith phone number in case suddenly you find your hse key has been chged.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

You didn't say maybe he was Superman in bed.
    You mean wearing red brief outside of his pajama?
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    I saw a photographer with 2 full frame Canon, one fitted with a huge zoom lens, and the other fitted with a prime lens. I was wondering how come he was armed with 2 full frames but no additional gears, eg tripod or lenses and filters etc. We went around the area almost at an identical pace. 45 mins later, I saw him again, and realized that he was speaking to his wife / girlfriend in Thai. This is the amazing part - His wife was carrying his gears for him, huge Lowepro Backpack plus a tripod. I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL
    Its the feminist **** that irks me. Look at my fxxking post. Did I mention "All women need to carry tripod for their men?". It is in no way devaluing a woman. I can envy "a man for having a beautiful wife", can "envy a man for having an intelligent wife", can "envy a man for having a sexy wife", so there is nothing wrong with envying a man whose wife help to carry gear. If I envy a man for having an intelligent wife, it is not sexist. If envy a man for a wife who help to carry tripod, it becomes sexist. Weird shitty feminist logic. As I had mentioned times and again, when you are envying a man for having an intelligent wife, it does not mean that that woman is better than your wife. Its a conditional statement, cause choosing a wife entails more than "intelligence". You can read my post one thousands times, everything she blasted against me all based on inference and deduction, and her own conclusion, I devalue women. While in the process, when logic turn against them, it becomes "which statement sounds less discriminatory?" Shitty arguments, cause I did not make any of the statements. So next time I type, "I am so envious of you, cause you have an intelligent wife." (I better make sure that I include clause that this statement is conditional, blah blah blah ****). We are in a sharing forum, not lawyers drafting a $10 million contract.

In case I kanna arguments like "why you take pics of three men and their smartphones", thats bloody sexist. Sohere you go, on the same outing, from Chinatown, I walked to Clark Quay and snap a street shot of 2 performers at a pub.

DSCF0240 by kuanyin2001, on Flickr

Ok, Ok, we get your point.... no issue at all..

can we have your wife contact and know where you stay?

so tonight we will go treasure hunt at your dumpster......

Its the feminist **** that irks me. Look at my fxxking post. Did I mention "All women need to carry tripod for their men?". It is in no way devaluing a woman. I can envy "a man for having a beautiful wife", can "envy a man for having an intelligent wife", can "envy a man for having a sexy wife", so there is nothing wrong with envying a man whose wife help to carry gear. If I envy a man for having an intelligent wife, it is not sexist. If envy a man for a wife who help to carry tripod, it becomes sexist. Weird shitty feminist logic. As I had mentioned times and again, when you are envying a man for having an intelligent wife, it does not mean that that woman is better than your wife. Its a conditional statement, cause choosing a wife entails more than "intelligence". You can read my post one thousands times, everything she blasted against me all based on inference and deduction, and her own conclusion, I devalue women. While in the process, when logic turn against them, it becomes "which statement sounds less discriminatory?" Shitty arguments, cause I did not make any of the statements. So next time I type, "I am so envious of you, cause you have an intelligent wife." (I better make sure that I include clause that this statement is conditional, blah blah blah ****). We are in a sharing forum, not lawyers drafting a $10 million contract.
    If that was a response to my post (it's not clear to me) , you don't get the point - which is: what's there to envy?

As you have pointed out, there are other things like cooking, etc. I may look at others' wives and say, "wa, so intelligent", "wa, so sexy", at the end of the day, I had my reasons for choosing my wife, and I hope everyone does too. Envying small small things like having a personal tripod and equipment mule seems quite redundant in the grander scheme of things - life's more than about photography, and I would like to think that our chosen companions have virtues that we embraced in the first place, along with their shortcomings.

If it was THAT important to me that my wife carry my tripod and equipment, I would have tested it out before marriage. If it didn't work, or if she backs out after marriage, then if it is THAT important, then there is always an option to part ways. If it is not so important and I gladly overlooked it when I chose her, then talking about envying others seems a bit like bellyaching. In some ways, I would think that my wife would be quite sad if she read about me talking about envying others for having wives to carry their things.

There is no such thing as a perfect camera, there is also no such thing as a perfect wife. Cheers!
    Last edited by edutilos-; 31st July 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Envious. You can be envious of a friend whose wife makes excellent bento set for him to bring to work daily. You can be envious of a friend whose wife is rich. No such thing as small thing, nothing to be envious about. Grander thing, can envious. To tell u the truth, I used to be envious of a friend girlfriend, a graduate from mechanical engineering, who knows tons about car engines and eletrical wirings at home. Just like photography, some like to snap grander things like Marina Bay Sands, some like to snap pics of old folks in Chinatown. Its definitely personal preference.

I guess no one can tell you that it's wrong to envy someone's <whatever>, and I'm not here to judge anyone's opinion either.

I just want to highlight that sometimes it's pointless to envy. I used to envy someone's gf, but somehow as life goes on, it happened that his wife (from that same gf) passed away, leaving him alone to care for the family. Do I envy his life now? I doubt so.

Try stop to envy what you don't have, since it might not last forever or turn out as what you hope it would be in the future.
    ~Ansel Adams

Yesterday, I went around Chinatown area, snapping pics.
    This is one of the better pics yesterday, Three Men And Their Smartphones.

DSCF0137a by kuanyin2001, on Flickr
    I saw a photographer with 2 full frame Canon, one fitted with a huge zoom lens, and the other fitted with a prime lens. I was wondering how come he was armed with 2 full frames but no additional gears, eg tripod or lenses and filters etc. We went around the area almost at an identical pace. 45 mins later, I saw him again, and realized that he was speaking to his wife / girlfriend in Thai. This is the amazing part - His wife was carrying his gears for him, huge Lowepro Backpack plus a tripod. I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL
    How you know its not maid?

Maybe that infamous army NS boy ORD already and picked up the photography hobby?
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I guess no one can tell you that it's wrong to envy someone's <whatever>, and I'm not here to judge anyone's opinion either.

I just want to highlight that sometimes it's pointless to envy. I used to envy someone's gf, but somehow as life goes on, it happened that his wife (from that same gf) passed away, leaving him alone to care for the family. Do I envy his life now? I doubt so.

Try stop to envy what you don't have, since it might not last forever or turn out as what you hope it would be in the future.
    You are absolutely right. Pls note when I mention envy, it is in no way to suggest that I will choose that gal over my present wife. Envy, u can be envious of a friend who has tons of freedom, envious a friend who own a maserati etc. It is in no way to suggest that I wanna swap identity with him. (Cause the maserati guy might be too busy, the freedom guy might be divorced etc). The statement is conditional.

Chill bro..

On a coin, there's always 1 up 1 down.. when you flip it, the possibilities of it landing on the floor in the centre is close to 0%.

I guess it's the way you put it across.. Just chill abit, step back and see from another point of view, words are pretty sensitive.. & most human(including myself) read selectively.. So choose your words and make them out nicely ok?

I'm definitely not drafting out a $10 million contract.. haha.. words can't express out emotion.. thus I have the tendency to add it emotionally words like, LOL, haha.. All these does help out a little bit..

Anyway, my gf also carry my equipment for me at times when we need to walk for a distance. (she's small sized and I'm big sized) but.. I have back issues.. thus she will carry for me occasionally and I'll take over from time to time as well..
    Like rotation carry lor.. since when she go shopping and I don't have my camera, I'll take her shopping bags. Like what one of the guys mentioned, mutual respect and assisting one and other.

Lastly, just chill and enjoy photos.. Afterall we are at ClubSnap.. Not EmotionSnap..

Think the wife is an ex-golf caddy.
    If you are a hawker frying char kuay tiao for the past 30 yrs & u finally retire, probably you'll miss your tools of the trade & hence still mimicking the action while sleeping or standing still
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Ok, Ok, we get your point.... no issue at all..

can we have your wife contact and know where you stay?

so tonight we will go treasure hunt at your dumpster......
    Dips on the prime lens; )
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

Yesterday, I went around Chinatown area, snapping pics.
    This is one of the better pics yesterday, Three Men And Their Smartphones.
    , on Flickr
    I'll often travel about town with 1x camera, 1x lens with my RX1 along for the journey.... why need more things ?

Focus & Learn to use what you have... all the extras don't make you a better photographer.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

In case I kanna arguments like "why you take pics of three men and their smartphones", thats bloody sexist. Sohere you go, on the same outing, from Chinatown, I walked to Clark Quay and snap a street shot of 2 performers at a pub.

DSCF0240 by kuanyin2001, on Flickr
    I know the girl on the right... and if not mistaken its her mum on the left. ( both performers here. )
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast