Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    You all like to quarrel as usual.
    yes.. would you like to join ?

well, for the logic part
    "A => B" is logical equivalent to "Not B => Not A"
    "A => B" is totally different from "Not A => Not B"
    now replace A and B with whatever phrase you guys want.

Btw, what if the bag is empty as the husband already carry all the cameras and lenses? (you did see him carry 2 cameras with 2 lenses right?)
    It's very hard to judge from outside. I'm sure that TS won't feel so comfortable shooting if he knows someone is carry the weight for him.

Tip: a baby stroller will help a lot in this case haha.

I am not a quarrelsome person by nature. But this sexist, discrimination thing is getting on my nerves. Probably, nowadays, I cannot make a statement "I am so envious of my friend's wife who can cook."

Hi TS, I will never ever burden my wife to carry my heavy gears even if she volunteered. And I, as well as some of the bros here, are taken aback that you actually envy someone who's wife did that. It's not about good or bad wife, but the mentality of that photographer you saw, as well as yours.

It's just like envying that pussy recruit who's maid carried the fullpack for him last time, unless he has some valid medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Hi TS, I will never ever burden my wife to carry my heavy gears even if she volunteered. And I, as well as some of the bros here, are taken aback that you actually envy someone who's wife did that. It's not about good or bad wife, but the mentality of that photographer you saw, as well as yours.

It's just like envying that pussy recruit who's maid carried the fullpack for him last time, unless he has some valid medical reasons.
    Maybe I am the odd one out. If on a holiday with my wife, in the 25kg luggage, its filled with shoes, make ups, her clothes etc which probably weigh 20 kgs out of the 25 kgs. I happily tug it, around europe if her hands are full eg taking care of kids etc. However if shopping for groceries and her hand not full, I at least expect her to help with the groceries. Somehow, camera accessories bags, the feminist are out in full force. If you want equality, share the burden as well including camera bags.

did the 'thai' start all these?

Of course, the Thai started this.

well, for the logic part
    "A => B" is logical equivalent to "Not B => Not A"
    "A => B" is totally different from "Not A => Not B"
    now replace A and B with whatever phrase you guys want.
    Thanks for clarifying. That is true, provided its not conditional, if my memories never fail me, thats like 20 years ago.

A woman who can cook makes a good wife
    A woman who can cook but sleep around makes a good wife. (Does this statement make sense to u?)

Notice the sleep around is the "condition". There might be other conditions too eg educational level, beauty, blah blah blah. In a conditional statements, negation does not work. So when I make a statement "A woman who can carry my camera bags make a good wife", there are other conditions involved. (Any sane person will know that choosing a right partner entails much more than carrying a camera bag.) There is nothing sexist or wrong with the statement. So before any feminist jumps in and be very touchy, think of yourself first. Have you ever make a statement like this- "A man who loves his family makes a good husband" or "A man who can cook make a good husband" or "A man who opens the car door for a woman makes a good husband" etc. I repeat, its a conditional statement. If the feminists are going to attack on the term envy, why can't I make a statement like this-"I am so envious of my friends, cause his wife can cook" or "I am so envious of the Thai, because the wife carries his camera bag." When I am envious of my friend, it does not mean that when my wife cannot cook, she is a bad wife, cause it entails other conditions as well. I repeat, if u want equality, please help to carry my camera bags. If u want equality, open my car door as well. If u want equality, dont forget to pay me alimony when I am out of my Fxxking job.

Still waiting for FEMEN Singapore chapter

Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    A woman who can cook makes a good wife. That is a general statement. It does not equate to A woman who cannot cook makes a lousy wife. Your logic is very flaw. If I am not mistaken, you are a young lady.
    which one sounds less discriminatory:

A) A woman who can cook makes a good wife

or

B) My wife's a great cook

by the way, you still don't get it. it's not just that one sentence, but the whole situation that you placed the overall value of women in.

take a chill pill everyone...
    TS had taken a nice pic.. good shot.
    made a careless remark, explained himself.

so move on people.
    Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos..~ ;)

What is the big deal if TS feels that it will be great if his wife supports his interest in photography and not nag at him for taking so long to take pictures and even carry his bag for him?

I like going fishing and would have loved if my wife follows my interest as well. Similarly, some girls would also like their guys to go shopping and carry their bags for them.

Peace man. Everyone is entitled to their point of view and that makes the world a more interesting place.

IT COULD BE THAT THE BAG IS MORE LIGHTER THAN THE Photogs' EQUIPMENT CARRYING..........

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    which one sounds less discriminatory:

A) A woman who can cook makes a good wife

or

B) My wife's a great cook

by the way, you still don't get it. it's not just that one sentence, but the whole situation that you placed the overall value of women in.
    Logic 101, fail... turn another angle. Shitty reasoning as well. If my wife is not a good cook, why can't I make the statement:"A woman who can cook makes a good wife?" Nothing I had mentioned devalue women, its how you interpret the sentence yourself. I don't think my remark is a careless remark at all. But your one liner "bloody sexist" is extremely careless. Anyway, what is wrong if I really include "carrying camera bag" as one of the criteria for choosing my wife? Its my criteria, not yours. If including it inside makes me a sexist, you better don't include any criteria inside in choosing your husband as well, cause is sexist as well.

Time out.

Chill and listen to a nice song by Rossa - Hati Yang Kau Sakiti.

Last edited by ricohflex; 31st July 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    I saw a photographer with 2 full frame Canon, one fitted with a huge zoom lens, and the other fitted with a prime lens. I was wondering how come he was armed with 2 full frames but no additional gears, eg tripod or lenses and filters etc. We went around the area almost at an identical pace. 45 mins later, I saw him again, and realized that he was speaking to his wife / girlfriend in Thai. This is the amazing part - His wife was carrying his gears for him, huge Lowepro Backpack plus a tripod. I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL
    Does it tell you something?

Marry a Thai woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so you're saying that a woman who doesn't carry your bag for you is not a good wife.

you should marry a sherpa
    A woman who carries you to bed nightly is a good wife.

Blog Entries

live and let live .... being a feminist or male chauvanist is not illegal

and most of us are somewhere in between at various stages of our lives

oh if on holiday my wife has a luggage that is 90% (usually more) of her own shopping ..... then she's responsible for her own luggage .... I take over the kid, pram and family luggage

And if I decide to bring out my entire camera dry cabinet .... hey, thats my decision ... and responsibility

We just respect one another , be responsible for our own sh*t and dont treat each other like pack mules or personal butler

Who knows the situation fully about the Thai couple fully to properly comment ? Maybe he just bought her an expensive gift ? Maybe she appreciates him working his a** off ? Maybe that represents care and love to her ? Or maybe she IS just a free labor exploited slave wife ? So what ? Its just your own personal opinion good or bad end of day

Retract the cat claws and knight's sword ..... just live your own attitude towards the opposite sex as you deem fit
    Last edited by ed9119; 31st July 2013 at 09:34 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

this thread darned funny .....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A woman who carries you to bed nightly is a good wife.
    a man who posts lao chio auntie photos is a good photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Ok so if I want a beautiful wife am I discriminating ?
    The guy is entitled to set a criteria.. its HIS wife after all.
    You can have a beautiful wife but make sure she is muscular enough to carry your camera bag, tripods, bottle drink etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast