Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

  1. #1

    Default Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Yesterday, I went around Chinatown area, snapping pics.
    This is one of the better pics yesterday, Three Men And Their Smartphones.

    DSCF0137a by kuanyin2001, on Flickr
    I saw a photographer with 2 full frame Canon, one fitted with a huge zoom lens, and the other fitted with a prime lens. I was wondering how come he was armed with 2 full frames but no additional gears, eg tripod or lenses and filters etc. We went around the area almost at an identical pace. 45 mins later, I saw him again, and realized that he was speaking to his wife / girlfriend in Thai. This is the amazing part - His wife was carrying his gears for him, huge Lowepro Backpack plus a tripod. I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL
    Last edited by teyes; 30th July 2013 at 04:14 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    bloody sexist

  3. #3

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Hmmm... in what way was the post sexist? If a gal is snapping pics while the husband is carrying the gear, is this sexist? Or a wise gal friend telling another gal: Marry a nerdy man. Cause he has no leverage. Is that sexist?
    Last edited by teyes; 30th July 2013 at 04:36 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  5. #5

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    Hmmm... in what way was the post sexist? If a gal is snapping pics while the husband is carrying the gear, is this sexist? Or a wise gal friend telling another gal: Marry a nerdy man. Cause he has no leverage. Is that sexist?
    Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    This is the amazing part - His wife was carrying his gears for him, huge Lowepro Backpack plus a tripod. I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL
    so you're saying that a woman who doesn't carry your bag for you is not a good wife.

    you should marry a sherpa

  6. #6

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    You are infering. I did not mention that a woman who does not carry my bag is not a good wife. I am saying a woman who carries my bag is a good wife. Eg A camera that has a shutter speed of more than 1/4000 is a good camera does not mean that a camera with shutter speed less than 1/4000 is a lousy camera.
    Last edited by teyes; 30th July 2013 at 04:53 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    what did i read.

  8. #8
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    lolz yes some cultures are well known to have pack-mule wives and gf's
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  9. #9

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    You are infering. I did not mention that a woman who does not carry my bag is not a good wife. I am saying a woman who carries my bag is a good wife. Eg A camera that has a shutter speed of more than 1/4000 is a good camera does not mean that a camera with shutter speed less than 1/4000 is a lousy camera.
    so when you say that "a woman who carries my bag is a good wife", that means if she doesn't, she's a bad wife?

    i'm not inferring. you're making a statement
    Last edited by kei1309; 30th July 2013 at 05:59 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote: "I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL"

    I am speechless. omg.
    why would you even want to burden your wife to carry your equipment around WHILE you snap pictures.
    Might as well hire an assistant.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    What statement did I make? I am saying a woman who carries my bag makes a good wife. That does not mean that a woman who does not carry my bag makes a bad wife. Canon makes good camera does not mean Nikon makes lousy Camera.
    Last edited by teyes; 30th July 2013 at 06:05 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by zeehamzah View Post
    Quote: "I was full of envious for this this fella photographer. Not for a pretty mate, but the fact that he can snap his pics in peace, while the wife carries the bag. If I ask my wife to carry my photography equipments while I go around snapping pics, probably my filters and lenses will end up at the bin. A wise friend once said to me : Marry a plain Jane. Cause she has no LEVERAGE. I should have heeded that advice. LOL"

    I am speechless. omg.
    why would you even want to burden your wife to carry your equipment around WHILE you snap pictures.
    Might as well hire an assistant.
    What would you want to burden your wife cooking a meal or sweeping the floor? Might as well hire a maid. Why would you want to burden your husband to do the lawning. Might as well hire a gardener. The same reason why you never hire a maid to cook a meal is the exact same reason why I never hire an assistant to carry my bags. LOL
    Last edited by teyes; 30th July 2013 at 06:04 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post
    What statement did I make? I am saying a woman who carries my bag makes a good wife. That does not mean that a woman who does not carry my bag makes a bad wife. Canon makes good camera does not equal to Nikon makes lousy Camera.
    two separate things. if you make a statement about many different items, then your final sentence can be true. that means if starbucks makes great coffee, it doesn't mean CBTL makes lousy coffee. they're two different brands catering to different lifestyles and tastes.

    but if you're just talking about one thing (in this sense what makes a good wife), then it means the converse is true. that is to say, if she doesn't carry your bag she's not a good wife.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Ok so if I want a beautiful wife am I discriminating ?
    The guy is entitled to set a criteria.. its HIS wife after all.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Ok so if I want a beautiful wife am I discriminating ?
    The guy is entitled to set a criteria.. its HIS wife after all.
    so by your reasoning, he's saying that his own wife is not good enough?

    wow. just wow

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teyes View Post

    What would you want to burden your wife cooking a meal or sweeping the floor? Might as well hire a maid. Why would you want to burden your husband to do the lawning. Might as well hire a gardener. The same reason why you never hire a maid to cook a meal is the exact same reason why I never hire an assistant to carry my bags. LOL
    LOL! 😝

  17. #17

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    two separate things. if you make a statement about many different items, then your final sentence can be true. that means if starbucks makes great coffee, it doesn't mean CBTL makes lousy coffee. they're two different brands catering to different lifestyles and tastes.

    but if you're just talking about one thing (in this sense what makes a good wife), then it means the converse is true. that is to say, if she doesn't carry your bag she's not a good wife.
    A camera with shutter speed more than 1/4000 is a good camera. That does not mean a camera with shutter speed less than 1/4000 is a lousy camera. Now its the same thing already. Logic 101.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so by your reasoning, he's saying that his own wife is not good enough?

    wow. just wow
    A woman who can cook makes a good wife. That is a general statement. It does not equate to A woman who cannot cook makes a lousy wife. Your logic is very flaw. If I am not mistaken, you are a young lady.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    You all like to quarrel as usual.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  20. #20

    Default Re: Saw A Photographer Yesterday

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so by your reasoning, he's saying that his own wife is not good enough?

    wow. just wow
    Ok I think the fine line here is what defines 'good enough'.
    Lets say I have 2k salary.. is it enough ? Sure.. I have roof over my head, can eat, have entertainment.. etc.. no complain from me
    But I don't mind if my boss raise my salary

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •