Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wee Kim Wee

[QUOTE=photobum]*post removed*QUOTE]

felt sad he's gone too, will always be my most respected president of singapore...
    Last edited by ~Arcanic~; 3rd May 2005 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    dun wish to start any war here, but that's a bit rude to say something like that...

i rem u mentioned u came back from overseas... maybe u just ain't lucky to meet him on a train perhaps? and by the way though, spore has ~4m pp, my primary school fren takes e mrt too, and i only managed to bumped into one of them after we graduated from pri sch like 10+ yrs ago? your statement is really too much of a sweeping statement man...

felt sad he's gone too, will always be my most respected president of singapore...
    Agree totally, I think you should withdraw your statement to increase your respect for him.

He is, to me, THE PRESIDENT of Singapore.... Still remember clearly that he handed my certificate to me when I complete my studies in NTU. he is so fatherly and even though we spoke briefly, it is something that I will remember for life...

Come on guys ... let's move on. No point dwelling on that ...

Anyway, anyone here plans to pay their respect to our late ex-president? I thinking of doing that but I need more details ...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    because he is protesting against price hike. anyway my condolence goes to his family. just wondering why all good men died early.
    which good man died early? wee kim wee was 89 y.o.

Quote Originally Posted by cast123
    will the Singapore flag be lowered in remembrance of him?
    the answer is YES, from tomorrow till Friday, for all government buildings.
    Come visit my blog

We should all aspire to be graceful and unassuming like Dr Wee...what a true gentlemen!

all president is the people's president. they all made singapore a gem in the SEA. so we ought to work harder so those who have gone before us are proud of what they did in the past and they know that what they haf did had benefited the future generations..

HOWEVER !! the price hike is something that we the present generation have to suffer and the future.. more jia lat... so erm... lets hope for the best..

everything.. price increase.. i nv see my pay increase also... the person who implemented this clearly shows that he is running out of money for retirement and for this will...

bwahahahahah..

My condolences to his family too. He's a very nice gentlemen and one of the best president so far. And I think the only one who completed 2 terms of service. 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Come on guys ... let's move on. No point dwelling on that ...

Anyway, anyone here plans to pay their respect to our late ex-president? I thinking of doing that but I need more details ...

i think public can go see "him" the last time..

from tue to thur at Istana...

fri is the cremation day.. dun think public can..

i agree with them that it is rude or not respectful to someone like the late Dr Wee.. but like wat Adam says, NO point dwelling..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    the answer is YES, from tomorrow till Friday, for all government buildings.
    he deserved it, after putting in so much effort for Singapore

will be open to public till 9pm each day if I din't hear the radio wrongly. May want to go down one of these days.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

it's a sad day today.... Even a brief encounter as a student with him almost 20 years ago left an indelible mark on me. Adieu to a people's president!

Blog Entries

haiz... just got back into singapore this morning at 1am and saw the news in the papers. truely, he's a People's President.

fyi - for those who want to pay ur respects.
    Today - Istana fm noon to 9pm
    Tomorrow - 9.30am-9pm

his body will be moved back to his family's private residence on fri b4 cremation.

oh yes - dun mean to OT. however, for our 2 CSers who made those insensitive comments earlier, do remove or edit them, out of respect and courtesy to our country's late President and his family? whether u agree with our nation's policies is ur own matter. however, to use it and sully the name of President Wee is not respectful (even if its a "common" practice overseas, this is Singapore, after all... ur country). this is a public forum, after all.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    dun wish to start any war here, but that's a bit rude to say something like that...

i rem u mentioned u came back from overseas... maybe u just ain't lucky to meet him on a train perhaps? and by the way though, spore has ~4m pp, my primary school fren takes e mrt too, and i only managed to bumped into one of them after we graduated from pri sch like 10+ yrs ago? your statement is really too much of a sweeping statement man...

A man should practice what he preaches. I will take my hat off for him.

I have decided to withdraw my statement if this cool everybody down. Also, an apology to him.

By the way, he never handed me any certificate. Ex-NYC mayor Rudolf Giuliani did.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd May 2005 at 12:19 PM.

Honoured to announce that I'll be his bugler for his state funeral on friday.

veri honoured!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Minimalis
    Honoured to announce that I'll be his bugler for his state funeral on friday.
    So, which Band are u from? A, B or C? U a regular?

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    So, which Band are u from? A, B or C? U a regular?
    C. C does all these important parades. Regular yup.

Playing The Last Post?
    Last edited by mervlam; 4th May 2005 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    Playing The Last Post?
    Yup. In SG we follow the British system so it's Last Post. Taps are for the Americans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast