Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: WHat can I use?

  1. #1

    Default WHat can I use?

    I am looking for a camera, can be M43 or video cam that has geo-tagging function and 12x optical zoom.
    Anything above 10Mpx is ok.. Any idea?

    Seems like Pana GH2 is considerable but only 4x zoom..

    TIA

  2. #2

    Default Re: WHat can I use?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyshot aerialgraphy View Post
    I am looking for a camera, can be M43 or video cam that has geo-tagging function and 12x optical zoom.
    Anything above 10Mpx is ok.. Any idea?

    Seems like Pana GH2 is considerable but only 4x zoom..

    TIA
    Many sony cameras have geotagging.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: WHat can I use?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyshot aerialgraphy View Post
    I am looking for a camera, can be M43 or video cam that has geo-tagging function and 12x optical zoom.
    Anything above 10Mpx is ok.. Any idea?

    Seems like Pana GH2 is considerable but only 4x zoom..

    TIA
    GH2 is an interchangeable lens camera, so whatever zoom depends on the lens. If you mount the Panasonic 14-140mm on it, you get 10x zoom. If you need further reach, there are lenses up to 300mm.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: WHat can I use?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyshot aerialgraphy View Post
    I am looking for a camera, can be M43 or video cam that has geo-tagging function and 12x optical zoom.
    Anything above 10Mpx is ok.. Any idea?

    Seems like Pana GH2 is considerable but only 4x zoom..

    TIA
    Looks like only the compact superzooms can fulfil your requirements

    One cam with the features:

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pana...-tz30-review/2
    Last edited by shierwin; 29th July 2013 at 09:41 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post

    GH2 is an interchangeable lens camera, so whatever zoom depends on the lens. If you mount the Panasonic 14-140mm on it, you get 10x zoom. If you need further reach, there are lenses up to 300mm.
    Headache..
    It needs to be mounted on specialised gimbal that take in only 3 cam models..
    Guess I have to select another gimbal.

    Btw can I say optical zoom is as similar as cropping from a large pixel?
    Visit our webpage at http://www.Skyshot.sg
    Send you enquiry to info@skyshot.sg

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyshot aerialgraphy View Post
    I am looking for a camera, can be M43 or video cam that has geo-tagging function and 12x optical zoom.
    Anything above 10Mpx is ok.. Any idea?

    Seems like Pana GH2 is considerable but only 4x zoom..

    TIA
    Really ask yourself, do you really need 12x zoom? What is the widest u think u need/want? What is the longest focal length u need/want? Are the extreme focal length needed/wanted often? If u r getting a m43 system (or any other ILC systems), u can have a range of lenses to work with...
    hi

  7. #7

    Default Re: WHat can I use?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyshot aerialgraphy View Post
    Btw can I say optical zoom is as similar as cropping from a large pixel?
    Nope. Cropping a small section out of a larger image is like digital zoom -- you lose image resolution very quickly. For e.g. 2x digital zoom is like reducing final MP size 4x. Since you seem to be particular about resolution, it's probably not adequate for your needs.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post

    Nope. Cropping a small section out of a larger image is like digital zoom -- you lose image resolution very quickly. For e.g. 2x digital zoom is like reducing final MP size 4x. Since you seem to be particular about resolution, it's probably not adequate for your needs.
    Ah yes. Not to be confused with digital zoom. Optical basically derive from the word optic which is lens.. thanks
    Visit our webpage at http://www.Skyshot.sg
    Send you enquiry to info@skyshot.sg

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post

    Really ask yourself, do you really need 12x zoom? What is the widest u think u need/want? What is the longest focal length u need/want? Are the extreme focal length needed/wanted often? If u r getting a m43 system (or any other ILC systems), u can have a range of lenses to work with...
    Hi, Yeap, as per requirement from a client. Adding to the challenge, it must be remotely controllable.. using a motor or servo to turn the lens will add up much weight and space.. probably fall back using a Sony vidcam then.
    Visit our webpage at http://www.Skyshot.sg
    Send you enquiry to info@skyshot.sg

  10. #10

    Default

    Think I found it. Nvm the sensor. Sony CX730 or the newer 430 with LANC ctrl will do the job.. thanks all!
    Visit our webpage at http://www.Skyshot.sg
    Send you enquiry to info@skyshot.sg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •