Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Jln Kayu?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CLQ
    first to answer your question, if you are driving u can go by TPE and exit at Jalan Kayu exit and then drive down the slope, nearing the bottom, there are 2 stalls side by side. I normally go to the "lowest stall"...From what i heard from friends that stays at Pasir Ris and go there often for supper, the 3 stalls stalls there, one is good for the prata, another for its Teh Alia and the other for its curry.

For me the standard of the prata there has dropped, the only reason that i sometimes still go there is that i passed by or at the middle of night when we looking for food

Warning: when you go there, if they ask you what curry you want to go with your prata, dun say you want mutton or fish or chicken unless you really want to eat rendang or chicken or fish. It happened to me and my friends, when they asked we answered we want chicken and mutton curry, and the chicken curry came with a chicken drumstick costing $3, and the mutton curry can with rendang costing $6... (lucky we did not ask for fish curry too) so now we normally just say give us PLAIN chicken curry or mutton curry etc...

and lastly Prata back home in Malaysia is better
    thanks for the heads up. but one can reject the mutton, fish, etc which came with the curry when served.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    thanks for the heads up. but one can reject the mutton, fish, etc which came with the curry when served.
    we did, but they just say we ordered.... and one of my friend say said lets just eat it since we waited very long for the food to come and if we ask them to change it might take a long time too (as they will not be happy), and also a the time we did not know the cost of the chicken and mutton yet, did not expect to be so ex...

Quote Originally Posted by CLQ
    first to answer your question, if you are driving u can go by TPE and exit at Jalan Kayu exit and then drive down the slope, nearing the bottom, there are 2 stalls side by side. I normally go to the "lowest stall"...From what i heard from friends that stays at Pasir Ris and go there often for supper, the 3 stalls stalls there, one is good for the prata, another for its Teh Alia and the other for its curry.
    Minor addition:

TPE towards SLE, exit Jalan Kayu. On the slope leading up, take the left exit to go to Jalan Kayu. Turning right will lead to Seletar Camp.

For TPE leading towards Tampines, exit Jalan Kayu. Only one way from the slope up. It's a left turn. Then go straight and turn right to u-turn towards the road leading to Jalan Kayu.

anyway if you are in Jalan Kayu, why not try the Jerry's there. It is a small "Cafe" selling western food like ribs etc. Food there is quite nice and the fried mushroom there is superb But price is abt $20...That is if you are there and do not want to eat prata.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123