Thread: Shooting food and learning

Default Shooting food and learning

Hi guys, i am really still learning, welcome critics and comments

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Shooting food and learning

Yo bro, do you normally post process your photos? It's possible to push up more yellow so that your food will look more vibrant. Is this food for thought?

The composition is ok and you may want to take note of your focusing, for example the teriyaki chicken dish, the sharpest focus is on the left side of the plate instead of on the chicken and focus is on the veg instead of the scallops.

Hi hope you don't mind some of my opinion, I would take at a higher angle as to see more dimension on the food and as Stardust had mentioned, take note of the focus point. Focus on which you think is the highlight of the dish.
    Take the scallop salad as an mentioned, I will focus on the scallop rather then focus on the greens.
    Cheer & hope to see more yummy photos from you

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by OoStarDustoO View Post
    Yo bro, do you normally post process your photos? It's possible to push up more yellow so that your food will look more vibrant. Is this food for thought?

The composition is ok and you may want to take note of your focusing, for example the teriyaki chicken dish, the sharpest focus is on the left side of the plate instead of on the chicken and focus is on the veg instead of the scallops.
    mm ya, these pics i did not post process at all..haha normally i would~ thanks bro~

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Hi hope you don't mind some of my opinion, I would take at a higher angle as to see more dimension on the food and as Stardust had mentioned, take note of the focus point. Focus on which you think is the highlight of the dish.
    Take the scallop salad as an mentioned, I will focus on the scallop rather then focus on the greens.
    Cheer & hope to see more yummy photos from you

Just my 2 cents
    I am using a 14-140mm lens and i crop off the angle cause i found that i did not focus on the dish, hmm thank you for your comment bro~ i will improve!

Quote Originally Posted by vizard87 View Post
    mm ya, these pics i did not post process at all..haha normally i would~ thanks bro~
    Nothing wrong to not post process la, but you know sometimes cha bor likes to put make-up before going for function. Same thing applies to post processing.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by vizard87; 25th August 2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: wrong pic