Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot file income tax

A better implementation will be different deadlines according to the 1st letter of the family name. This will prevent huge overloading near , and at the deadline.

Blog Entries

agreed, but what about the T, C and L, many surnames begin with these letters

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    agreed, but what about the T, C and L, many surnames begin with these letters
    By splitting into 2 dates, u can effectively 1/2 the load already.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's the heavy load. Probably never setup load balancing to even out the heavy web requests.

Probably a cheap skate IT architecture implementation. Hehe.
    i am no expert in this area. IRAS's system capacity is 20,000 taxpayers a day, after the initial hiccups. does it looks like a 'probably a cheap skate IT architecture implementation'?
    Last edited by reachme2003; 1st May 2005 at 10:58 AM.

The number one problem are taxpayers themselves and this happens everywhere and evertytime : procrastination

I'd prefer the paper route too... since it creates job.

Although me not directly related or know the entire architecture, don't think it's a cheapskate architecture. Maybe it's .NET...ooops...

FWIW, I filed successfully for myself, but tried 4 times before it went through for my wife

disclaimer: no flame or app server religious war intended

SLA? Interesting question. If you are a vendor building the solution, as $X and the customer tells you: "We expect peak of 20,000 users." Would you max out your budget to cater for more, say 40k? Or would you max you profit and design a solution for 20,000 users (say with 10% slack) knowing that the customer would sign off for the 20k users?

BTW, I filed about 21 hours ago. Pretty smooth sailing.

Deregistered

Watcher, the problem is SLA is never considered AFTER signing, clients want to see the system running, the solutionists wants to get the final payment. Simple as that.

For me, definitely will provide a solution for 20K peak. The earnings come when the client instructs the developers to now up it to 50K, which should be scalable and NOT development anymore. heehee.

Tried several times since 2 weeks ago... with 4 different kinds of errors at different stages.. finally managed to do it 24 hours & 15 mins late..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12