Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case



    "What should not hv happened, has happened"

    "We will do better next time"



    I am really sick of reading all these "Standard" replies again and again and again!

  2. #2
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    maybe you prefer for him not to be caught or for it to be swept under the rug ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    maybe you prefer for him not to be caught or for it to be swept under the rug ?
    Not that ....... but it irks us to find out that a high ranking CPIB officer who is supposed to fight corruption gets himself embroiled in this rut. How much is he paid anyway? Obviously money no enough ......
    Last edited by Zenten; 25th July 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Not that ....... but it irks us to find out that a high ranking CPIB officer who is supposed to fight corruption gets himself embroiled in this rut. How much is he paid anyway? Obviously money no enough ......
    Let's take this as a learning exercise.

    You have to personally experience corruption first before knowing how to catch corruption.

  5. #5
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    may be the dark forces (CASINO) is expanding under the radar? many find it difficult to resist n had to sought professional help, but holding that position, he may have difficulty in getting help without others knowing it.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #6
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post


    "What should not hv happened, has happened"

    "We will do better next time"



    I am really sick of reading all these "Standard" replies again and again and again!
    i think u forget "its a honest mistake"
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    v soon they will have a policy that civil servants will be barred from casinos

  8. #8
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    v soon they will have a policy that civil servants will be barred from casinos
    lucky u not part of the ivory tower. hahaha... or r u?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    i think that some people think that exposing it is a bad thing.

    but as for me, i'd rather such things come to light.

    this is the Transparency that citizens are demanding, so suck it up, you whiners.

  10. #10
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    I think we do want bad things to be expose. Not weep under carpet.
    We r just expressing our disappointment.
    I hope they do debate on those issues in depth n have the monitoring system clean up. Stop wasting time on the issue of the cleaning of hawker center.
    I don't mind AIM issue to be clarified by the party n stop treat us like idiots.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    might as well ban all singaporeans.. oh wait but they are earning so much from the locals

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    v soon they will have a policy that civil servants will be barred from casinos

  12. #12
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    might as well ban all singaporeans.. oh wait but they are earning so much from the locals
    You want the casinos to pull out har? Imagine the economic impact of that!

  13. #13
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    They don't said sorry.... S'porean said they are arrogant...
    They said sorry.... S'porean said they always 'Sorry Sorry Sorry'...

    So tell me what do S'porean wants ?? Maybe sweep under the rug and not let anyone knows ?? If no one knows then no complain is better ?? In this case, ignorance ISN'T bliss,


    My personal take on this matter... corruption and greed is present in all society, race and culture. The more important thing is how its handled... I very much preferred them admitting that such a high ranking officer has been involved in corruption... then they keep quite so as not to lose face. No one, high offical, judges, senior civil servant .... not even full MP and/or even the PM should be protected from losing face if they are involved in corruption.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  14. #14

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    ...


    My personal take on this matter... corruption and greed is present in all society, race and culture. The more important thing is how its handled... I very much preferred them admitting that such a high ranking officer has been involved in corruption... then they keep quite so as not to lose face. No one, high offical, judges, senior civil servant .... not even full MP and/or even the PM should be protected from losing face if they are involved in corruption.
    Aye, fully agree.

    Greed is basic human nature - the higher you are in the pecking order, the more attractive the gains.

    I would rather such cases be exposed whenever caught rather than the country be having a place on the "most corrupted country to do business" list
    Last edited by skf; 25th July 2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

  15. #15

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case


  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    You want the casinos to pull out har? Imagine the economic impact of that!
    ......... well the impact is lesser now than before ........ down the road who can tell ......maybe the casinos may just become a liability .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  17. #17
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    What to say but "sorry, sorry"? Kena caught already.

    Dare to say not my fault, it's Casino operator's (or insert whoever you want) fault.....? Lidat tio kan till worse than say sorry right....?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    I think we do want bad things to be expose. Not weep under carpet.
    We r just expressing our disappointment.
    I hope they do debate on those issues in depth n have the monitoring system clean up. Stop wasting time on the issue of the cleaning of hawker center.
    I don't mind AIM issue to be clarified by the party n stop treat us like idiots.
    You are SO right, bro.
    That is exactly how i feel.

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    They don't said sorry.... S'porean said they are arrogant...
    They said sorry.... S'porean said they always 'Sorry Sorry Sorry'...

    So tell me what do S'porean wants ?? Maybe sweep under the rug and not let anyone knows ?? If no one knows then no complain is better ?? In this case, ignorance ISN'T bliss,


    My personal take on this matter... corruption and greed is present in all society, race and culture. The more important thing is how its handled... I very much preferred them admitting that such a high ranking officer has been involved in corruption... then they keep quite so as not to lose face. No one, high offical, judges, senior civil servant .... not even full MP and/or even the PM should be protected from losing face if they are involved in corruption.
    We are not talking about corruption in particular.

    What we are saying is that the same "sorry, sorry, sorry" approach is used for anything bad happened eg bus overturned killing innocence, cracks found in MRT tracks etc etc. and then said they will do better next time.

    One might believe what they say the first or second time. But if this continue for a lot of subsequent repeated mistakes, then something is obviously wrong.

    You mean you want to wait till there is a real MRT derail with mass casualties?? before you can wake up??

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    I think we do want bad things to be expose. Not weep under carpet.
    We r just expressing our disappointment.
    I hope they do debate on those issues in depth n have the monitoring system clean up. Stop wasting time on the issue of the cleaning of hawker center.
    I don't mind AIM issue to be clarified by the party n stop treat us like idiots.
    Ya lor .......It seemed like our PM got nothing better to do ..... meddling in something so trivial and making a fuss over it ..............wah piangz ... look at the number of corruption cases involving high ranking officers that he has to tackle now ....... .... so sad ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •