Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 153

Thread: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

  1. #81

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    We'll have to see... Probably not for the near future.. I mean, this isn't my job after all..

    @Seefei - great! Now that that's settled, we are left with the problem of having too few chairs @ the APD conference room.

    I guess some people could sit on the table if need be, I can't think of any other way.

    Besides that, I think we can declare this confirmed - I'll check with Kenny nearer to the date and update again (perhaps about a week before).

    Whose laptop was I supposed to use anyways, hrmmmmm... I need to find out what version they have loaded.
    I didn't mean that way... I just thought you might be willing share your expertise with others. I'm just a admirer of your works and I can really see how much effort you put into taking them...

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Of course. Updated.
    Thanks.
    I have a 11 inch Asus laptop, with CS5 installed. You can use mine.

  3. #83
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by praktisch View Post
    I didn't mean that way... I just thought you might be willing share your expertise with others. I'm just a admirer of your works and I can really see how much effort you put into taking them...
    praktisch, no I didn't take it any wrong way, relax.

    I hope you understand that I have limited time and resources so as much as I am happy to share these things, I would have to prioritize. I apologise for not being able to expand the group beyond just Pentaxians/Ricoh users.

  4. #84

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Make 01 Sep Pm - 19 . hee hee . End of Sep too near to by wife delivery date... A bit risky for me to come out

    ha
    Bro WK , I think I did state I am 1st Sep Pm
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  5. #85
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Bro WK , I think I did state I am 1st Sep Pm
    Paiseh, the list very messy.. Sometimes people add or mention they are going then omit names, etc.. Tried to clean it up now and then at first but gave up after a while. Never check all the individual posts for the last post of namelist. Just added you in.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 15th August 2013 at 11:25 PM.

  6. #86
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg0222 View Post
    Thanks.
    I have a 11 inch Asus laptop, with CS5 installed. You can use mine.
    Thanks for the offer - I might borrow my wife's laptop, will let you know again closer to date if it is needed.

  7. #87
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Sharing session confirmed, with venue @ APD office (Redhill area, IIRC). Date will be 01 Sep and time, 2 pm onwards (we should probably wrap up my segment in 1-2 hours).

    Finalized Participants (just took the 01 Sep PM people - those who put AM but are free at the PM please update accordingly - if not, please don't add in your name, there's no space already).

    - tofu master
    - fengwei
    - Ranchy
    - flowerpot
    - ZZ
    - PhilipKr35
    - ray_stinger
    - lensk
    - hypy13
    - richardfoo
    - cyk13
    - seefei
    - hellfire88
    - jtsky
    - Snapbear
    - kengoh
    - tigershiok
    - Copter7
    - ashyra7
    - Greg0222
    - Supersimon27

    Projector (seefei) - will be projecting on a whiteboard, which should do given the small group size
    Laptop - settled
    Anyone else would like to volunteer to share besides Simon?

  8. #88
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,687

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Can I pretend to be sweeping the floor and learning outside, like those shaolin disciples in movie ? I left myself out for 1st Sept haiz. Just kidding, have fun guys!

  9. #89
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Haha i think i also stated 1st sept shd be free. But my bad didnt put properly. Nvm I shall follow wonglp sweep floor outside or maybe i wear a cat suit in hahahaha

  10. #90

    Default

    Can someone tape this session down please! I really want to improve my landscape skills!!!!

  11. #91

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Anyone else would like to volunteer to share besides Simon?
    I volunteer as coffee and tea boy can? i swear i hide one corner..no one will even notice...
    ....

  12. #92
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Haha i think i also stated 1st sept shd be free. But my bad didnt put properly. Nvm I shall follow wonglp sweep floor outside or maybe i wear a cat suit in hahahaha
    Come la, I do remember you stated, but not sure if you were coming..
    Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    Can someone tape this session down please! I really want to improve my landscape skills!!!!
    Someone mentioned this earlier, and my response was that I'd prefer not to, for many reasons. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post
    I volunteer as coffee and tea boy can? i swear i hide one corner..no one will even notice...
    Faint..

  13. #93
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    Can someone tape this session down please! I really want to improve my landscape skills!!!!
    We could take n make notes n share in thread.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  14. #94

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    We could take n make notes n share in thread.
    hi philip, thanks.. counting on u for notes..
    for me i want to learn

    -> how to take HDR photos?
    >>is it a single shot on a tripod?
    >>or do i take 3 shots, at -1 EV, 0EV and +1EV
    >>if i take 3 shots with my k30, how do i adjust the EVs without playing around with the buttons? (fear of moving the camera and hence problems overlapping)

    -> how to process photos to get HDR effects like edutilos' photos?
    >> how to do the layering


    would really appreciate if someone can help take notes and shed light on these... thanks!!

  15. #95
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Come la, I do remember you stated, but not sure if you were coming..

    Someone mentioned this earlier, and my response was that I'd prefer not to, for many reasons. Sorry about that.

    Faint..
    Yes! I will be there!

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

    Faint..
    Good. I am certified CPR . I can help u.... just joking lar. So many ppl liao.don't think have space for me
    ....

  17. #97

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    great effort both by edutilos and supersimon and others who put in effort to impart some knowledge and make this a success. thumbs-up for all the effort.


    marcus

  18. #98

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    Can someone tape this session down please! I really want to improve my landscape skills!!!!
    Just be more regular to the outings, talk to and learn for the many landscape specialists.
    There is just no lack of landscape gurus for Pentax (Edutilos; Simon; nitewalk; bernard; wonglp; chiangkxv; just to mention a few, etc)

    Also, I see you got quite the wanderlust and we could certainly benefit from your sharing them in the photos threads and advice on travel info

  19. #99

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Just be more regular to the outings, talk to and learn for the many landscape specialists.
    There is just no lack of landscape gurus for Pentax (Edutilos; Simon; nitewalk; bernard; wonglp; chiangkxv; just to mention a few, etc)

    Also, I see you got quite the wanderlust and we could certainly benefit from your sharing them in the photos threads and advice on travel info
    actually i am beginning to develop an interest in landscape...but i want to use the concept for environmental portraits...anyone want to accept my ang pow???
    ....

  20. #100
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

    Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    hi philip, thanks.. counting on u for notes..
    for me i want to learn

    -> how to take HDR photos?
    >>is it a single shot on a tripod?
    >>or do i take 3 shots, at -1 EV, 0EV and +1EV
    >>if i take 3 shots with my k30, how do i adjust the EVs without playing around with the buttons? (fear of moving the camera and hence problems overlapping)

    -> how to process photos to get HDR effects like edutilos' photos?
    >> how to do the layering


    would really appreciate if someone can help take notes and shed light on these... thanks!!
    I believe edutilos don't quite use HDR most of the time. There is always confusion between HDR and other blending methods. The digital blending using HDR methods which can be done in Photomatix or Photoshop CS, is through conversion to a 32bit image (http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...amic-range.htm) and create the HDR image. Using layer mask (http://layersmagazine.com/exposure-b...photoshop.html), one can also expand the dynamic range by exposing for shadow and highlight aside from a base exposure.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •