Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How fake/real is this photo?

Quote Originally Posted by alligate
    Ah...will it make Fark? Definite PS contest fodder.

where's the link?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    'ghostly' appearances are generally remnants of electromagnetic pulses of people and events which happen long, long ago. these impulses are somehow trapped in a void, thus unable to easily transform into other forms of energies such as heat, sound and so on. over time, these impulses will slowly 'leak' out of the void. this is where we come in ... we modify the CCD chip and 'tap' into these impulses..transforming the impulses into visible light. as the 'leakage' is slow..hence the need for long exposures (2 minutes and longer). however, my advice is not to give it too long an exposure too, as this will result in the "Ring Syndrome" , whereby the 'ghost' will crawl out of your DSLR LCD screen. the fixing of the special filter in front of the lens is specifically to prevent this syndrome. go for the multicoated version!

now..to the more technical part .. focussing is not like what we do in conventional photography. as the 'impulses' are beyond the normal visible light spectrum, we need to 'agulation' the focus distance. if you ever wonder what the symbol '8' on your lens mean... (in this case, it does not mean infinity).. well, that's where you should set your focus distance to. ever wonder why they use '8'? because according to Chinese tradition..it is suppose to be a lucky number.

now go out there n shoot, shoot, SHOOT!
    Is what u typed here somehow contain some truth* ? coz i tot it would be cool if someone can modify their camera till can shoot those ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    Need some photo experts on this...

is this a hoax? real? or can't tell?

This photo does not belong to me, but passed to me by a friend's friend.
    (No copyright infringement as allowed by the actual owner)

Link to photo
    Woot. No joke.

A late night expedition to OCH anyone? My 300D has yet to capture spirits....

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I don't believe pics of ghost/UFO's, all can be manipulated........I only believe when it is my time to meet one in front of my eyes.......

HS
    Pics can be faked.

But I believe u wun wanna encounter a spirit. Believe me. Not a really pleasant experience. Honest. The thought of dat incident juz puts goose bumps on me....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Pics can be faked.

But I believe u wun wanna encounter a spirit. Believe me. Not a really pleasant experience. Honest. The thought of dat incident juz puts goose bumps on me....

indeed...same here, seen and heard. Strangely, hearing them leaves a deeper impact on me, than seeing them.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123