View Poll Results: Why you choose not to hang the flag?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • My flag is torn and tattered and I did not budget to buy a new one this year.

1 5.00%
  • The haze will return and obscure visibility anyway.

0 0%
  • I am going out during National Day, don't intend to hang around.

3 15.00%
  • My neighbours all didn't hang leh. So united we stand.

6 30.00%
  • Wait for Gment to hand out free flags then hang. Keeping that $10 in my wallet is more practical.

7 35.00%
  • It's too early. What's the hurry. My national day is on Aug 15/Oct 1/Jun 12, etc.

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When I look out of the window........why no flags???

Default Re: When I look out of the window........why no flags???

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    for the first time in many years, I went down to the marina bay area to see the fireworks and experience National day...

Walking around marina bay sands area during National day really have me thinking.... seriously I don't see ANY singaporeans.... the most is like 1 in 10.....

???? it is obvious as the singaporeans like me will be wearing red...
    Wait till 6.9.

Many Singaporeans travelling during this long holiday weekend. I can't tell if someone is Singaporean just by looking. Not going to the NDP & fireworks does not mean we don't appreciate this country. We have been there, done that, so now let others have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    I can't tell if someone is Singaporean just by looking.
    ? r u singaporean?

I think it is really easy to spot a singaporean at MBS today Trust me... the rest of the crowd are OBVIOUSLY not singaporean...

so we must wear red on national day?

i wore white and green today.

so that makes me un-singaporean?

? r u singaporean?

I think it is really easy to spot a singaporean at MBS today Trust me... the rest of the crowd are OBVIOUSLY not singaporean...
    Ok ok, let me test you. Is this one singaporean or not?

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatt...nus-forum.html

K Shanmugam, S Iswaran and Lim Hng Kiang wore white when they arrived with the rest of the cabinet at NDP 2013.
    Hmm....according to your rule, they must be foreigners posing as Singaporeans. Not bad at all, they managed to become Ministers.

Last edited by ricohflex; 10th August 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Hmm....according to your rule, they must be foreigners posing as Singaporeans. Not bad at all, they managed to become Ministers.

Walao eh, I can see Malaysian wearing red and waving flag posing as singaporean

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Ok ok, let me test you. Is this one singaporean or not?

http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatt...nus-forum.html

err.... were you at MBS on National day?? if not, then you did not see what I see...

so why bother commenting? Trust me, if you are there that day, you will understand what I mean.

err.... were you at MBS on National day?? if not, then you did not see what I see...

so why bother commenting? Trust me, if you are there that day, you will understand what I mean.
    So you mean to say that non-singaporeans aren't allowed in public areas on National Day?

I was there on National Day, and no I do not get what you mean. Because you are suggesting that the National Day celebration is something solely reserved for Singaporeans.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    I was there on National Day, and no I do not get what you mean. Because you are suggesting that the National Day celebration is something solely reserved for Singaporeans.
    did I suggest that? no I did not. Can you please quote me where I said that?

I just said that at MBS on National day, I was literally surrounded by foreigners. It is just a statement of fact. Are you telling me that you were surrounded by singaporeans at MBS on national day? Then we must be talking about a different MBS.

I was at MBS area in my car. I guess 1 out of 30 is SG. The rest are mostly foreign workers. Luckily never took a train there. Nothing wrong with it. We have to get used to it anyway.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Trust me, if you are there that day, you will understand what I mean.
    I was not there that day but I am here everyday so I certainly understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Because you are suggesting that the National Day celebration is something solely reserved for Singaporeans.
    Here! More foreigners impersonating Singaporeans and celebrating our National Day that is solely reserved for Singaporeans!

National Day over though the spirit of Singaporeans carries on. Stay safe on the road and whatever you do.

Thread closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345