View Poll Results: Why you choose not to hang the flag?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • My flag is torn and tattered and I did not budget to buy a new one this year.

1 5.00%
  • The haze will return and obscure visibility anyway.

0 0%
  • I am going out during National Day, don't intend to hang around.

3 15.00%
  • My neighbours all didn't hang leh. So united we stand.

6 30.00%
  • Wait for Gment to hand out free flags then hang. Keeping that $10 in my wallet is more practical.

7 35.00%
  • It's too early. What's the hurry. My national day is on Aug 15/Oct 1/Jun 12, etc.

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When I look out of the window........why no flags???

Default Re: When I look out of the window........why no flags???

Its near national day. So my neighbour n me fly the state flag as per the photo i posted above. While flying at the field outside Chinese Garden this evening, a lady came n say I can't fly the state flag, she feels it is not right. I told her to get police to speak to me.
    I m proud of my country, I celebrate her birthday. We fly flags outside HDB, cars on road also fly the Singapore flag. We should be encouraging people to fly the flag with pride.
    My flag though its already 1yr old. It is still like new n it is not like disfigured, cut up the flag or hang up side down.
    Anyway 2 policeman came n told me upfront that it is ok, no problem to fly the flag as long as it is done with respect.
    Whats wrong with Singaporean nowadays?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Hanging our national flags helps our own flag-making cottage industry which mainly employs retired uncles, aunties and disgraced politicians and high officials.
    The flag are made in China
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    Its near national day. So my neighbour n me fly the state flag as per the photo i posted above. While flying at the field outside Chinese Garden this evening, a lady came n say I can't fly the state flag, she feels it is not right. I told her to get police to speak to me.
    I m proud of my country, I celebrate her birthday. We fly flags outside HDB, cars on road also fly the Singapore flag. We should be encouraging people to fly the flag with pride.
    My flag though its already 1yr old. It is still like new n it is not like disfigured, cut up the flag or hang up side down.
    Anyway 2 policeman came n told me upfront that it is ok, no problem to fly the flag as long as it is done with respect.
    she thought you might be disrespecting the flag.

not really bothered though

Got flags, some reverse way. Might as well don't hang.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    I agree 100%... the flag should be flown with pride. There is much to be proud of in Singapore and the flag is symbolic of all the progress this country has seen.

I am a Canadian national and when in Canada I take turns hanging the Singaporean and Canadian flags on alternating days with pride. Singapore is a second home for me. I am happily in Singapore once again and will be buying a large Singaporean flag before my departure to replace the smaller one I have at home.

Information Trivia: Both the Singaporean and Canadian flags share the same colours: Red & White

God bless Singapore and God bless Canada!

Happy National Day!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Got flags, some reverse way. Might as well don't hang.
    Reverse still not so bad since it is also the correct way for aircrafts. But if upside down then really bad.

Singapore flag painted backwards on SIA plane | Everything Also Complain

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Reverse still not so bad since it is also the correct way for aircrafts. But if upside down then really bad.

Singapore flag painted backwards on SIA plane | Everything Also Complain

I agree. Flying one's own country flag upside down is sacrilege. No respect.

Blog Entries

despite political fighting left right and center, countries like Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Taiwan are very patriotic about displaying their national colors all year round on just about any platform/vehicle
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    despite political fighting left right and center, countries like Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Taiwan are very patriotic about displaying their national colors all year round on just about any platform/vehicle
    iirc, here only 1mth before n the month during National Day is the legal period can us to display the flag.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Indonesia ? Where do you see its flag flying ? I remember when I was in Turkey, giant flags are everywhere, on mountain tops, buildings, on the Bosphorus banks..

this flag design is the best. left view, right view, up view, down view also no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post

this flag design is the best. left view, right view, up view, down view also no problem.
    Nope, down view (as in upside down) and you see what happen?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Is the blue flag with white star the flag of a country? It is an attractive flag.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post

By your logic.. this one is better

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post

Like that ah? The best of all would be the white flag, hard to be mistaken and can improvise with white table-cloth. Also can save your life

I

Ok, ok, the blue man is in town & he's flying our flag

Take the shot!

I think you can get free flag from CC?

My home:

The whole opposite block:

Not sure why people so blur to hang their flag correctly?

There's a lesson from an Indonesian Scout leader which said something like this: Indon was occupied by dutch for 350 years and Jap for 3.5 yrs. During that time, your forefathers fought to end the occupation. Imagine how much blood was spilled so you can fly that flag today.

I guess this lesson is valid for Singapore too. I'd fly it with utmost respect.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post

This flag flies in my home

There was once when I was sticking our state flag out of my car window when I was in a far far away place during national day. To my surprise, many foreigners unwind their window at traffic junction to wish me happy national day!

There was another occasion when the president visit this far far away place and the state flag was being lined up all the way to hotel where he is staying at. Whenever you passed by this stretch of road, my goose bumps will raise.

While Singapore is a tiny state and a small insignificant dot to many. If you think about it, we are better off than many much bigger countries. We should be proud of flying the country's flag.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast