Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graduation Photoshoot - Coming Up!

Blog Entries

Tweek,
    I am 90% confirmed able to make it (pending final visa and immigration clearance from Home Office aka wife )

Did anyone here manage to get hold of reflectors?

Otherwise, someone will have to go get some of those styrofoam sheets (larger than 3ft x 4ft - i think available from Popular) and some silver/aluminum foil (from grocery store) to make some cheap cheap versions.

Or as indicated on another thread, to get some of those car sunshades.

I can shoot both digital and film.

Originally posted by Darren
    Tweek,
    I am 90% confirmed able to make it (pending final visa and immigration clearance from Home Office aka wife )

Otherwise, someone will have to go get some of those styrofoam sheets (larger than 3ft x 4ft - i think available from Popular) and some silver/aluminum foil (from grocery store) to make some cheap cheap versions.

The master is back.....

Seems like you got more experience. Care to share abit Darren? :PPP

One good example is to look at the criteria set by the grads, they want film, not digital.

I'm going digital all the way.
    My prints (from film) are rotting away in the drawers while my digi pics are being put to good use.
    In this age where convenience is everything and photos can be passed around in a twinkie via the Web, i don't see the point of taking photos the old-fashioned way (unless it's neoprints) and having to lug round stacks of albums.

Bluestrike: remember to recce for good spots for me okie? Best with air-con.

Originally posted by Raiden II
    Digitals, anyone can use, anyone can edit BUT not everyone likes digitals. I find the digi photos look too fake, so unreal.

One good example is to look at the criteria set by the grads, they want film, not digital. Anytime, the good old film prevails. And the satisfaction of processing black and white photos are great, you get to control what you really want and that is skill that needs to be acquired. Well, when you are into photography, costs should come second place!

But well, digis I agree, are good for the advertising media or the journalists where fast results are required. However, just a note, the digis' quality are still not on par with the films.

btw, this is not a debate! Just my 2 cents worth, no hardfeelings.
    I'm not too sure what digital cameras you've had experience with, but there are quite a few digital SLRs (and even some prosumer digitals) that already deliver a quality at par with film.

And from what I gather from the original post, they mentioned they prefer film because they know that majority will be shooting digital. I don't think there was anything said about a bias for film's image quality.

Oh and if it's the pleasure of processing that you're after, trust me, digital photography does require a quite a bit of post-processing, to "control" the raw photo into something that you envisioned it to be. for excellent results to come out, this requires the necessary skills as well!

I have nothing against film though. My point is that digitals are not as bad as they have been portrayed. I'm almost thinking that the "fake/unreal" digital photos that you've come across are actually what is defined as "digital images", which are somewhat a different thing.

Ahh... the advantages of digital

1) The photographer gets to keep the original
    2) B&W conversion can be done after the fact
    3) Easier to touch up photos
    4) Models don't need to pay for film
    5) ISO/Contrast/Tone/Saturation can be sat to suit conditions
    6) NPS, NPC, Reala??? Film???
    7) No hazardous film processing chemicals that would make your ignorant girlfriend (and ultimately yourself) blind .

Time to switch to digital hehe :devil
    Last edited by Daniel; 12th September 2002 at 01:49 AM.

Originally posted by Darren
    Tweek,

Darren, arghh, your reply came a bit too late. I have sufficient photographers so far already, however I can do with one more film/digital photographer. Ok let's make it this way, please choose to either be there but shoot at your own leisure, or shoot for us in digital form. How's it?

Default Confirmation

CONFIRMATION

The photoshoot this Sunday (15 September) is confirmed. Start time is 2pm at Botanic Gardens, meet at the gate nearest and facing the main road, Tanglin road I think. The gate has got the words "Botanic Gardens" inscribed in wrought iron. If you need to prepare beforehand, for eg set up equipment, please be there say 15min earlier so that we can start at 2pm. Please try to be punctual too, thanks. We will be in Botanic Gardens until about 4pm, when we will take a short break then head down to NUS. We should have 4 vehicles, sufficient to accomodate everyone. We should reach NUS at about 4.30pm, and we'll take photos until about 6.30pm to 7pm. After that we can all go for a nice dinner together.

In the case of wet weather, please contact me at 96230020 for the latest update on where to proceed.

See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

wah mega!! nice nice, I like the bokeh hey thanks for coming down, although we couldn't crawl on the leaves like insects for you to take, you guys definitely made it more Re4 Nao4 and fun.

Mega, can help me burn all the pics you took that day in a CD? I pay you for the CD, can pass to me this coming SEED on wed? Thanks a million!

My series of portrait shots...

Hosted @ pbase.

http://www.pbase.com/amadeus_wolfgang/convocationbgnus

Cheers!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

I have seen both wolfgang's and mega's shots, all nice. I think i should have let someone else do the film shooting, then I could have concentrated on 70-200 candid portraits. Shooting both formats is quite hard to manage

Tom: Where's your digital shots? :P Share share share

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh
    Tom: Where's your digital shots? :P Share share share
    err.. which Tom you calling har?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Of course u

Both!!! ;P Both shoot right?

zhoujingxiong
    Guests

ok this is mine shoot....
    hehheheee

http://bluestrike.clubsnap.org/view_...lbumName=Tweek
    I like the comments and also the shoot

fantastic!!!
    i surely look forward to my graduation (in 2 years time!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123