Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another photog complain his non-winning peektures tio leeched by NParks....

Default Re: Another photog complain his non-winning peektures tio leeched by NParks....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Nope, not credited, I guess.
    I received a call from NParks today about the same thing, they apologised for using my photo without crediting it in their book,
    but invited me for their commemorative dinner next Fri at SBG and said they will give me a complimentary copy of the book.
    Wow, if they can't even bother to properly credit the people whose work they are exploiting for free, it really reflects poorly on their organisation, and shows how much they respect the IP rights of others. Using without credit definitely crosses the line and becomes exploitative. It's theft.

Even properly licensed stock images typically require attribution for editorial use, at least for iStockphoto & shutterstock.

Default Re: Another photog complain his non-winning peektures tio leeched by NParks....

recently received the commemorative book from NParks through the mail together with an apology letter. i'm willing to accept it as an honest oversight on their part.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

cannot understand y people complain org uses their non-winning photo submitted for competition, when they should have read the TC carefully, especially this is not a new issue n has been highlighted many times in this forum regarding the fine prints that nobody pay attention to.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    End of the day everyone unhappy.
    *ahem* well.. not... everyone

Organiser happy.

Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    So is he wrong for not reading the rules carefully?

Can contest organiser use photos for book?
    National Parks are not a profit-making organization.

They are there to serve the people.

So you are contributing your photos free to the community.
    Last edited by Sion; 8th August 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    recently received the commemorative book from NParks through the mail together with an apology letter. i'm willing to accept it as an honest oversight on their part.
    i think many org are employing all old people with long sighted (老花), cause i see many repeated "mistake" n dont think it will ends.
    clever way of getting a big library of images for min. cost, while those trying to make a living out of photography suffers.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

New trick: Apology letter.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

why do some people want to join competition?
    armatures and hobbyists don't look at it this way, maybe not always about the prize, the money,
    to them, this maybe the only and best opportunity of getting their works to be noticeable.
    but didn't notice they have lost their rights at the moment they took part of such competitions.

things won't change if organizations still receive plenty of entries for photo competitions.
    things won't change if nobody step out and say "NO" to them.

if we want to see changes, then the first step have to start from us.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12