Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: how long u woo a gal before giving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    yeap there is nothing to be worried about. if all failed, there is always the foreigners to go after
    Common lah! You know how tall and big are Ang Moh women?

Stay with girls of your own size if you don't want your bones to be broken in case of quarrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Common lah! You know how tall and big are Ang Moh women?

Stay with girls of your own size if you don't want your bones to be broken in case of quarrels.
    there is always the asians what! there are plenty of marriage brokers around!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    there is always the asians what! there are plenty of marriage brokers around!
    Sorry.

Come to think about it, Eskimo girls are the same size as normal Singapore men. The only problem is you have to live in a freezer.

And having women's charter to abuse and use to their advantages too!!
    yeah.... don't mess around with WC, they can give you the worst nightmare in your life. Do a google search and you will know what I mean.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 30th April 2005 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    Let me start off by saying that i have no experience whatsoever in wooing girls. My previous two relationships were started with months of chatting on the phone and letting nature take its course. No wooing was needed.

Now my input:

If the girl shows no interest whatsoever after the attempts that you have tried to woo her, doesnt it mean she's just not interested in you?

I mean, if she's just plain repulsed by you and your efforts, isn't it an indication for you to just give up and move on?

Maybe men should try talking more and getting to know her better, instead of jumping in and just go in guns blazing with all the wooing tactics. They need to play it smoooooth, slide and glide in. That way, the girl won't be easily repulsed away. And once she actually gets to know the guy better, she might open up more to him and let him into her life a little more. It would then be easier to take it one step further from there.
    i won't classify ur situation as no-wooing, instead i'll call it wooing with minimum effort and max results, since the ger is attracted to u.

Phone calls, sms, emails...can be part of the wooing process too

Quote Originally Posted by yzr500abe
    i won't classify ur situation as no-wooing, instead i'll call it wooing with minimum effort and max results, since the ger is attracted to u.

Phone calls, sms, emails...can be part of the wooing process too
    That can't be considered wooing. That's all just part of being a friend with no intention of bringing it further to the next level.

But if somewhere amongst those hundreds of minutes spent on the phone, and countless meetups and activities done together, should you discover that you might actually feel something more than the normal for her, it wouldn't be as hard to breach the barrier.

I mean, you can keep close contacts with many female friends, but not everyone will be on the same level as you. Every one of them has her own personality. Thats for you to slowly find out and not just barge in guns blazing, trying to win her over with your "projected" image, or what you want yourself to be projected as. If you go through it the slow and steady way, she will see you for who you really are.

But nowadays, girls like the "i'm being chased and wooed" feeling.....

err...who doesn't like that feeling?

i trust both genders also like one, no meh?

Not when you're being chased by some damn "wrong" guy/girl

then it becomes more of a pest issue.

My wife just now call me, I wonder what is happening. (We only registered, haven't customary)

She told me that she is taking 1/2 day, due to her friend is sad. Why? Bcos her husband (they also registered liao) told her that he want to call off their customary. Reason is that the girl too "fan" as she requested him to make a call to her even they didn't meet. Another thing is that he told her that he has no feeling on/for her liao.

This kind of guy ( I attended their ROM ) really need to get a good beating out of him. Break the girl heart just like that, toy meh? For me, even i don't have much time for my wife, i die die call even for a min or so, if i am tired. But for him, can tell his wife he got no feeling after ROM. Win liao lor, if like that, don't start in the first place la, right?

So, whoever you are, guy or girl. Want to ROM, make sure you are serious. This aren't a game and it isn't fun to break up for small things. You want, go ahead else forget about it. Cherish your partner and live happily together forever.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Deregistered

That can't be considered wooing. That's all just part of being a friend with no intention of bringing it further to the next level.

But if somewhere amongst those hundreds of minutes spent on the phone, and countless meetups and activities done together, should you discover that you might actually feel something more than the normal for her, it wouldn't be as hard to breach the barrier.

I mean, you can keep close contacts with many female friends, but not everyone will be on the same level as you. Every one of them has her own personality. Thats for you to slowly find out and not just barge in guns blazing, trying to win her over with your "projected" image, or what you want yourself to be projected as. If you go through it the slow and steady way, she will see you for who you really are.

thats wat i am doing right now.
    many at times i just feel like jumping in say, shall we try out being together?

but i realised its better to just be a good friend as of now so that we can see the real person better rather than putting on a mask.

Have been doing this for about 5mths now.
    will just let nature take its course

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM

My wife just now call me, I wonder what is happening. (We only registered, haven't customary)

She told me that she is taking 1/2 day, due to her friend is sad. Why? Bcos her husband (they also registered liao) told her that he want to call off their customary. Reason is that the girl too "fan" as she requested him to make a call to her even they didn't meet. Another thing is that he told her that he has no feeling on/for her liao.

This kind of guy ( I attended their ROM ) really need to get a good beating out of him. Break the girl heart just like that, toy meh? For me, even i don't have much time for my wife, i die die call even for a min or so, if i am tired. But for him, can tell his wife he got no feeling after ROM. Win liao lor, if like that, don't start in the first place la, right?

So, whoever you are, guy or girl. Want to ROM, make sure you are serious. This aren't a game and it isn't fun to break up for small things. You want, go ahead else forget about it. Cherish your partner and live happily together forever.
    den i deserve a beating liao... cos normally i tell my gf (past current & possible future) that i am busy den i dun normally call back, cos when i am thinking of something i dun like to be disturbed... sometimes for days... but when i am free den we can go do alot of things together...

but den to ROM den tell the girl no feeling is a NO NO!... thats bad... so when u wanna blanket party him?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    den i deserve a beating liao... cos normally i tell my gf (past current & possible future) that i am busy den i dun normally call back, cos when i am thinking of something i dun like to be disturbed... sometimes for days... but when i am free den we can go do alot of things together...

but den to ROM den tell the girl no feeling is a NO NO!... thats bad... so when u wanna blanket party him?
    If i really want to bash that fellow, he must be disturbing those who I love. His wife is not someone who I love, I don't bother. Hope someone will bash him up one day la. Don't dirty our hand and touch KM camera mah, right?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

hi-5! same here.. I put work and career above my r/ship.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Deregistered

No feeling is no feeling, cannot stay together then, split lah, what's the good to force to stay together.

At least they didn't plan for the dinner then call off.

Your wife's friend's hubby-to-be did the right thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No feeling is no feeling, cannot stay together then, split lah, what's the good to force to stay together.

At least they didn't plan for the dinner then call off.

Your wife's friend's hubby-to-be did the right thing!!!
    erm.. leagally speaking.. that guy's already the girl's hubby, so they can't just split now. ROM = Legally married. 3yrs later then can attempt to split. which is always sad to hear.

sometimes I wonder do u guys still say
    " Do u want to be my gf " to the girl ...

Maybi if the guy feel she the one .. just grab her hand will do huh ..
    hahaha

Although I am still the sort of guys who will say it .. But nowadays I also cant figure out wat a girls want.

Despite reading the BEST seller from john gray " Men are from mars , Woman are from venus "

At time u and her just act like a couple but then no status .. She can MIA the 1-2 days and stick to you like glue for the next fews day.

WEll .. I assume this is wat u call modern dating ..
    I already get used to it ..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    erm.. leagally speaking.. that guy's already the girl's hubby, so they can't just split now. ROM = Legally married. 3yrs later then can attempt to split. which is always sad to hear.
    There's the term 'nullify'.

and no, don't think you need three years. Unless they've already consumated their customary.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    sometimes I wonder do u guys still say
    " Do u want to be my gf " to the girl ...
    "Siao eh, ai go steady mai" <- more stylo

Maybi if the guy feel she the one .. just grab her hand will do huh ..
    hahaha
    >> add devil may cry trailer here. <<

Although I am still the sort of guys who will say it .. But nowadays I also cant figure out wat a girls want.
    If you understand them, you better go check your gender!!!

Despite reading the BEST seller from john gray " Men are from mars , Woman are from venus "
    It should be men are from beer, women from stones (diamonds)

At time u and her just act like a couple but then no status .. She can MIA the 1-2 days and stick to you like glue for the next fews day.
    Read my first reply in this thread... do it!!! Do it!!

WEll .. I assume this is wat u call modern dating ..
    I already get used to it ..
    You mean modern torture?

Wow..this thread is so popular, since most CS members here are guys. How can leave me out ??

How long ? Hmmh. This really depends how long you know this girl.
    Is she a stranger, a colleague, an old friend, etc.

Love is sth that can't be measured and explain in my own opinion. When the opportunity comes, seize it and don't give up. Try until you think is no hope then give up. Different ppl hv different patience level. So know your own level. Some key words my friend always give me to woo a girl.

1)Sincere
    2)Care
    3)Honest
    4)Daring
    5)Don't be over nice
    6)Hint
    7)Watch out for clues
    8)Let go when it is time to let go

A lifetime companion is definitely worth the time and effort. Don't give up, especially to all bachelors out there. You have the freedom to stay single, but when the right person appear, go for it and don't regret later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by obewan
    Wow..this thread is so popular, since most CS members here are guys. How can leave me out ??

How long ? Hmmh. This really depends how long you know this girl.
    Is she a stranger, a colleague, an old friend, etc.

Love is sth that can't be measured and explain in my own opinion. When the opportunity comes, seize it and don't give up. Try until you think is no hope then give up. Different ppl hv different patience level. So know your own level. Some key words my friend always give me to woo a girl.

1)Sincere
    2)Care
    3)Honest
    4)Daring
    5)Don't be over nice
    6)Hint
    7)Watch out for clues
    8)Let go when it is time to let go

A lifetime companion is definitely worth the time and effort. Don't give up, especially to all bachelors out there. You have the freedom to stay single, but when the right person appear, go for it and don't regret later in life.
    obewan just need to use the jedi mind trick will do. No need so many steps..:

Like I said "Self confidence" is the key to most women's heart, for the others, there is always your credit cards and some other C's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast