Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: how long u woo a gal before giving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Post it, man!
    I may not drool, though.

Have to seek permission from DCA first, later he me
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

like sjourn's signature says : Be a man, doo the right thing (add a tone of chinese/cantonese accent to it)
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    P.S: How does Del_CtrlnoAlt look like? I'm curious.
    Yes. Do a search leh!

"The most handsome man in Sony Users Group" won't disappoint you!

Quote Originally Posted by Christwings
    ..Of my last 'few' relationships, the gal that took me the longest time is 6mth. On average, the rest is about 2weeks. Girls likes to go for the 'feel', Got to hit while the iron is hot. If not, the 'feel' will be 'stale'.
    How do you find time and energy to take photos?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    ...... My boyfriend wooed me!
    Which one?

The Java Prince, Amsterdam Hunk, Singapore "Andy Lau" or Hong Kong Spiderman?

if I spend 2k on a girl. she is highly likely to leave me and dump me when another guy spends 10k on her.

if i spend 2k on a tripod. that tripod will "support me" for another 30 years. I think the tripod is a better deal. no heart pain, no heart break. a good investment for time to come.

and finally when I don't need it anymore. I can still sell it off for maybe a few hundred dollars? Take it from me honestly, vast majority of the girls that I have met in this life are materialistic.

Try taking the average girl to a dirty, sticky and oil scented hawker center to have roti prata for breakfast in the morning and see what you get. Let us see what she says if you bring her to a fine french restaurant for lunch and then take her to margaret drive for chicken rice for dinner.

Then again. Love changes all attitudes. Love messes up our minds. And Love is a very painful hit on the ground. That's why they call it "falling in love".

Quote Originally Posted by slacker123
    if I spend 2k on a girl. she is highly likely to leave me and dump me when another guy spends 10k on her.

if i spend 2k on a tripod. that tripod will "support me" for another 30 years. I think the tripod is a better deal. no heart pain, no heart break. a good investment for time to come.

and finally when I don't need it anymore. I can still sell it off for maybe a few hundred dollars? Take it from me honestly, vast majority of the girls that I have met in this life are materialistic.
    ... the tripod has a third leg :P (tht's y it offers better support...)

girls materialistic, same wht... guys always go for LOOKs first. anyway, not all are like tht. some ppl are luckier than others, so dun feel too sad. whoever they are, if u can make her change, u know, u r the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Yes. Do a search leh!

"The most handsome man in Sony Users Group" won't disappoint you!
    I think I found it. (think only ah...)
    No wonder Korean women are queuing up for a picture. He does have that kind of winsome quality which wins young girls over easily.
    Nope, not drooling. It's just a picture. It's not even a series of pictures.

Anyway,
    Slacker123's reply reminds me of a thread we had a pretty long time ago, on the same topic. There were many responses like his.
    Are Singaporean women really that bad? I don't act like any of the girls you have described here. And I am pretty average.

Okay, no need to be too diplomatic. I'm putting on my guy hat so I can think like one. (If you can't beat them, join them.)
    Last edited by Poledra; 30th April 2005 at 09:43 AM.

Hmm...I've been trying to chat with this gal for the past 4 months, but to no avail.

Initially when I was still in SG was ok, until her friends told her that I was interested in her....then sort of started to shy away.

Now I'm overseas on IA, have been trying to IM her, but always no reply...haiz...

Think now kena blocked some more...haha...what to do manz...

LL loh ..

sometimes u need to hit HARD on the girl .. and then give her some cold shoulders .. haha
    it works .. trust me

eg. talk to her on msn few days .. chat on phone~
    for next few days msn status online, but don chat with her. Even she chat with u . . said busy .. but ur sibei end surf CS .. haha

Don concentrate on 1 girl at a time. It doesnt consider a playboy this way. Even an angler knows the more rods he used the chances of getting a fish is higher.
    Date 2 - 3 girls at a time. Is defintely better this way.

Putting all your time and effort and emotion on 1 girl don work. Everything on your mind is HER but no one else. Sometiemes it also make the girl think u got better nothing to do as a GUY. I always call it the One Girl Syndrome.

If u failed .. u get emotional , hit the bar , drink hard and vomit .. In the End your best pal , a GUY (Sadly) in the end come and console u.

But then things will be different if u failed to get 1 out of the 3 girls. U somehow get 2 gals + your best pals to console u.
    And u still got 2 gals to concentrate on ..

Try at your own risk ..

" A tripod can only give u sharp pictures ..

It can never share your emotions "

Guy!!!!

Anything that moves and wears a skirt is worth the chase and wait.

Observe a little puppy that chases after a butterfly. It never gives up even though it knows it can't fly.

But just remember that when you wait 50 years for a girl, she'll be 70 years old grandma and you can't even stand up without the help of a walking stick.

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    Don concentrate on 1 girl at a time. It doesnt consider a playboy this way. Even an angler knows the more rods he used the chances of getting a fish is higher. Date 2 - 3 girls at a time. Is defintely better this way.
    I would agree with simon80. The law of average might work for you if you use MDA (multiple dating approach).

I once dated 30 girls until I've got their names mixed up and also taken the same girl to see the same movie twice and sent the girl back to the wrong home and phoned up the wrong girl with the wrong number and waited at the wrong place for the girl to turn up at the wrong time and bought the birthday present to the wrong girl who celebrated her birthday 5 months ago.

In the end the game was just too hard for me leh. So I put all their names in a Milo tin and drew one out.

I have been a happier man ever since and have more money and energy for photography.

Andy Sion... u really power leh... i once juggle with 2 already nearly got myself killed...

anybody got pic of Sion? or is the avatar Sion?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Ha ha ha ha ha. I never had the chance to date girls more than 1. I guess having dating more girls will only leave you confused and mixed up until you can actually got their names mixed up!

That is dangerous, my friends. You could end up with no girl at all in the end... But for some guys who really put in effort to jot down all his dates on a jotter book and schedule himself really carefully, I salute him lah.

Somehow, I do not have that magnetism like you guys do. Ha ha ha ha.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Ha ha ha ha ha. I never had the chance to date girls more than 1. I guess having dating more girls will only leave you confused and mixed up until you can actually got their names mixed up!

That is dangerous, my friends. You could end up with no girl at all in the end... But for some guys who really put in effort to jot down all his dates on a jotter book and schedule himself really carefully, I salute him lah.

Somehow, I do not have that magnetism like you guys do. Ha ha ha ha.
    i believe u even more power than us combine... i can't even get to chat with a girl over friendster...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Alamak... Just manage to do a shoot with a girl from Friendster doesn't mean anything mah. I guess I was just lucky lor. Now we are friends.
    My Photo Albums

Let me start off by saying that i have no experience whatsoever in wooing girls. My previous two relationships were started with months of chatting on the phone and letting nature take its course. No wooing was needed.

Now my input:

If the girl shows no interest whatsoever after the attempts that you have tried to woo her, doesnt it mean she's just not interested in you?

I mean, if she's just plain repulsed by you and your efforts, isn't it an indication for you to just give up and move on?

Maybe men should try talking more and getting to know her better, instead of jumping in and just go in guns blazing with all the wooing tactics. They need to play it smoooooth, slide and glide in. That way, the girl won't be easily repulsed away. And once she actually gets to know the guy better, she might open up more to him and let him into her life a little more. It would then be easier to take it one step further from there.

Good point there too.
    My Photo Albums

The observation from the original post is quite easy to explain actually.

Things are moving very fast in spore. We all want fast response. Now with emails, sms-es, it's no longer like last time, where you write a snail mail to your pen-pal who whatever and wait for at least 1 week for her to reply. And with digital images, you can post yr pics asap to her. Last time, you got to make an appt to meet her and stuffs like dat. So maybe pple cherish relationships more. Today, it's Tell me soon if u feel comfy with me or not. If not, then let's not waste each other's time. It's that fast paced.

Another reason is that pple here are always busy busy busy. Bad environment in spore. Pple take things too hard here. From what I heard from closest friends, I must agree on their experiences from SDU. It's really BAD. Period. You read the ladies' profile on the website and you can tell they are sincerely looking for love. They describe it in very nice ways. But when you write to them, you'll realize they are so without life usually. They'll always be busy, working late, sometimes even on wekeends. Accountants are such people.

Teachers are another group without life too. The reason given is usually I'm busy marking books in the weekends, preparing for next day's assignments, got remedials, CCAs, etc etc. So guys of course will be put off by such things. You want to start a relationship, there must be at least some commitment. I'm not sure from a lady's point of view abt such similar guys... May be the same too.

In short, I think it's normal in today's context to change 'targets' often. Blame it on the lifestyle here. Though I think relationships back in the 80's and early 90's or maybe our parents' time are so much more romantic, intimate and sincere.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast