Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: how long u woo a gal before giving up?

My 5 cent experience here for all brothers.
    Woman in our society today is very different from our parent era.
    In the past girls have less chances to socialize, as long as you can get their attention long enough and wait, you will get the girl.
    Better girls now are natural social animal. If they are attractive enough, they have no lack of guys around them. they lost one BF today the next week they can easily get a replacement if she wanted to. If we the guy are not fast in our action, the girl will in no time end up in somebody's arm.
    Girls in our time are clever, more independant and most are financially strong. They no longer just go for rich alpha male figure.
    What they look for is a bit of magic, a bit of romance and a bit of gut from us guys to say "I like/love you".
    Of my last 'few' relationships, the gal that took me the longest time is 6mth. On average, the rest is about 2weeks. Girls likes to go for the 'feel', Got to hit while the iron is hot. If not, the 'feel' will be 'stale'.
    Maybe some brother do not like what i share, but it has work for me.
    And to add, i have been true to all my relationship, i am not a playboy.

huh? this thread still so active ah?

go out for more portrait shoots and see how long you take to woo the model lah..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Christwings
    My 5 cent experience here for all brothers.
    Woman in our society today is very different from our parent era.
    In the past girls have less chances to socialize, as long as you can get their attention long enough and wait, you will get the girl.
    Better girls now are natural social animal. If they are attractive enough, they have no lack of guys around them. they lost one BF today the next week they can easily get a replacement if she wanted to. If we the guy are not fast in our action, the girl will in no time end up in somebody's arm.
    Girls in our time are clever, more independant and most are financially strong. They no longer just go for rich alpha male figure.
    What they look for is a bit of magic, a bit of romance and a bit of gut from us guys to say "I like/love you".
    Of my last 'few' relationships, the gal that took me the longest time is 6mth. On average, the rest is about 2weeks. Girls likes to go for the 'feel', Got to hit while the iron is hot. If not, the 'feel' will be 'stale'.
    Maybe some brother do not like what i share, but it has work for me.
    And to add, i have been true to all my relationship, i am not a playboy.
    can impart some if not all skills to single males in CS? hehe
    also helps government to encourage early marriage n child birth

Why must we guys do the work? Let them woo us!.........it is emancipation time! Do you still keep the door open just because she is a woman? Why not for a man? That's discrimination! My boyfriend wooed me!

your Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Hey Andy Lau fan,

If you want a woman with two little kids, here's your chance.
    I am interested!..........

I am amazed, within half a day this thread can get 5 pages long.

My advice to Paul Yeo's friend:

If one can give up so easily, it means that he doesn't really have the heart of doing it. Don't woo girls for the sake of doing so, it is better channel our resources to better use and pamper ourself more. And it also shows that, he is not ready for a relationship yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    i have been introducing gals to my friends.

i find this trends of guys nowaday. Guys gave up wooing a gal very fast after a few tries and when he didn't get the response he need, he moves to another gal.

Sometimes I am wondering if this is right? as going after a gal is not like a few emails or 1 to 2 dates, she no response, then gave up.

Going after a gal, need effort and how can the guys expect the gal to immediately fall in love with him and react with positive interest after a few tries? Unless the gal is desperate,right?

Just like learning photography, do u gave up after a few tries? No right!

Seem that my friends have no persistence. ... Or maybe after a few tries, they can sense that the gals are not interested and switch target!

Comments guys? do u gave up wooing a gal after a few tries and switch your target?

For me, i dun, i persist. Even if ultimately, i cannot hold her hand, we will end up as good friends.
    you must be joking ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

for me... gave up chasing girls... no point all the emotional turmoil on whether she likes or she likes me not... then looking out for girls to pursue and make them happy....

and yeah as Daniel Nielson mentioned no point chasing girls just to woo them. Just live and if they happen to be there treat them as normal usual friend and get to know them. Sooner or later if you open your eye sure can find one girl among the many friends you have.

Quote Originally Posted by V0IGTLANDER
    there are many bigger fishes out there. Forget the shrimp.

wow...the discussion is still going on? Hehehehe

what is considered the shrimp/big fish? Elaborate please? Thanks!
    Hee hee
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by song
    then how you manage to get yourself a wife when u don't woo girls????

song
    when 'character match' during the friends phase.... the rest is easy lah..
    Btw, getting married is just the beginning, not the end of the road.

If we represent a more advanced civilisation, then shouldn't we aim to be more honest with ourselves and get someone who appreciates us for who we are and not what we do for them.

If we have the animal instinct type goal of enhancing and continuiing our bloodline, then do anything it takes to get a good, pretty wife.

Hmmm...
    Didn't expect the read these stuff in CS.
    But one thing I'd like to add on, be friends first is fine.
    But don't be too 'GOOD' a friend. Once they see you as
    their best friend, that's it. You'll forever be just a friend.
    That's the way it is for me, always

agree. that's why u need to make the right move at the right time.

I cannot agree more. Adopt the "Be friends first" theory is good but the moment you are her best friend... Habiz!

Last time I stupid, thought being her good friend or best friend can have advantage over others but in the end, she end up telling me a lot of things (even things that you wish you didn't hear -- about her crush on that guy)... Argh!

So, deduction is that, be ordinary friends, observe, compose, apply basic fundamentals, wait for the right moment, shoot!
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Being the minority here, I need to be very careful in case I put my foot in my mouth again.

Oh, hello guys. Good afternoon.

After reading EVERYTHING, I need to remind you guys that women cannot be classified into 2 types. The one you thought 'hard-to-get' is probably shy. (I have seen so many.) And etc. Play by ear method should be the best.

This matter is so tricky. SDU has been trying to solve this for a very long time. Why not let things just flow? Desperate guys have this desperate aura coming from them and it turns girls off.

The best friend rule doesn't work for me. I'm still wondering if I'm still stuck on my best friend. How time flies. It's been 3 years. Oh yeah he knows I like him. He's thinking that we'll be better as best friends. Hmm. Oh well.

P.S: How does Del_CtrlnoAlt look like? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Being the minority here, I need to be very careful in case I put my foot in my mouth again.

Oh, hello guys. Good afternoon.

After reading EVERYTHING, I need to remind you guys that women cannot be classified into 2 types. The one you thought 'hard-to-get' is probably shy. (I have seen so many.) And etc. Play by ear method should be the best.

This matter is so tricky. SDU has been trying to solve this for a very long time. Why not let things just flow? Desperate guys have this desperate aura coming from them and it turns girls off.

The best friend rule doesn't work for me. I'm still wondering if I'm still stuck on my best friend. How time flies. It's been 3 years. Oh yeah he knows I like him. He's thinking that we'll be better as best friends. Hmm. Oh well.

P.S: How does Del_CtrlnoAlt look like? I'm curious.

do a search on Del_CtrlnoAlt....handsome guy....

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    do a search on Del_CtrlnoAlt....handsome guy....
    eh dun harm me leh.. anyway i also not photogenic... thats a known fact...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    you sure? saw some pics of you floating around leh.... better dun harm you wait you take revenge when we meet up at ...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

CAn I post your picture here for the gals to drool?...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Post it, man!
    I may not drool, though.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast