Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: how long u woo a gal before giving up?

In the old days, we call wooing a girl, fishing ..... need a lot of patience. Normally we will write like 20 letters before we got chance to go for a date in the daytime! Telephone calls always get us into trouble because in the past there is only 1 phoneline for one household and all parents will complain about their children hoarding the phoneline. Sometimes the gal can play hard to get for even up to 10 years!

So you see, if you write a letter a week, it will takes about 3 months before she accept your date. then you tried dating her once a month, she will take another 6 months before she can accept your trust. .... and another few months before you are shown to her parents! Bedding a partner is rare ...
    But now, if a guy or a gal like the other person, she/he gets the mobile no. and that nite ask for an immediate date. If the response is unfavourable, he/she will move on to another target. As such, the mentality is "instant".

Also nowadays, the guys call it snipering ..... you miss, you go for another one.
    I also notice that young people here are not so romantic and also like not so keen in the opposite sex. A lot of young ppl here like not so keen to invest in good time together with another person, rather they persue their own interests, like computer, hobby, career, etc. Just look around your office, many are unmarried / unattached in the 30's......
    Last edited by Canonised; 28th April 2005 at 03:46 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Women are nothing but trouble.

And men are nothing but trouble-seekers.
    Short and sweet,
    10 words without "And"...

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    In the old days, we call wooing a girl, fishing ..... need a lot of patience. Normally we will write like 20 letters before we got chance to go for a date in the daytime! Telephone calls always get us into trouble because in the past there is only 1 phoneline for one household and all parents will complain about their children hoarding the phoneline. Sometimes the gal can play hard to get for even up to 10 years!
    Nowadays, the guys call it snipering ..... you miss, you go for another one. I also notice that young people here are not so romantic and also like not so keen in the opposite sex. A lot of young ppl here like not so keen to invest in good time together with another person, rather they persue their own interests, like computer, hobby, career, etc. Just look around your office, many are unmarried / unattached in the 30's......
    yeah !!! correct !! u gt my 2nd point too! the girl i like.. nt keen in the opposite gender at all!! ... aaarrrgghh... and yah... i spend more time on my interest too... =p

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    yah... simple.. if paul's friends think that wooing girls is like a project thing, den theres onli1 word to call them

childish.

if they think girls are easy prey, den they are wrong. let them go out and experience life. 5 mths..

so are they telling me that my wait of 5 years for this girl is crap ?

think about it...
    i am just guessing they treat it as project works ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    i have been introducing gals to my friends.

i find this trends of guys nowaday. Guys gave up wooing a gal very fast after a few tries and when he didn't get the response he need, he moves to another gal.

Sometimes I am wondering if this is right? as going after a gal is not like a few emails or 1 to 2 dates, she no response, then gave up.

Going after a gal, need effort and how can the guys expect the gal to immediately fall in love with him and react with positive interest after a few tries? Unless the gal is desperate,right?

Just like learning photography, do u gave up after a few tries? No right!

Seem that my friends have no persistence. ... Or maybe after a few tries, they can sense that the gals are not interested and switch target!

Comments guys? do u gave up wooing a gal after a few tries and switch your target?

For me, i dun, i persist. Even if ultimately, i cannot hold her hand, we will end up as good friends.
    Can I give my honest and direct opinion on this? It depends on what the guy wants when it comes to wooing a girl. Is he looking for a girlfriend or a free partner to have sex?

If a guy really likes the girl and he knows that the is single, he will definitely go all out to chase the girl until the girl objects him bluntly in front of the face. If the guy just want to try this first and if cannot, switch to another girl and try again, he is just into the thrills of knowing the girl, but once the girl is his, after some time, he will find no more thrill and he will look for another one.

Guys who are impatient when wooing girls, either they just want to the thrill of chasing a girl or he is just looking for free sex.

Open for free discussions leh.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Nowadays, the guys call it snipering ..... you miss, you go for another one. I also notice that young people here are not so romantic and also like not so keen in the opposite sex. A lot of young ppl here like not so keen to invest in good time together with another person, rather they persue their own interests, like computer, hobby, career, etc. Just look around your office, many are unmarried / unattached in the 30's......
    that 's why i intro my friends together....as i know many unattached gal friends and on the other side , i know many unattached guy friends ... ....and i just intro them via a simple dinner or email and see how thhings go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Can I give my honest and direct opinion on this? It depends on what the guy wants when it comes to wooing a girl. Is he looking for a girlfriend or a free partner to have sex?

If a guy really likes the girl and he knows that the is single, he will definitely go all out to chase the girl until the girl objects him bluntly in front of the face. If the guy just want to try this first and if cannot, switch to another girl and try again, he is just into the thrills of knowing the girl, but once the girl is his, after some time, he will find no more thrill and he will look for another one.

Guys who are impatient when wooing girls, either they just want to the thrill of chasing a girl or he is just looking for free sex.

Open for free discussions leh.
    as far as i know, they are not freeloader for sex.

got one guy said that he got family pressure that he is still unattached at his age. maybe bcos of pressure, he wants it fast, if gal1 no interest, gal2 ... etc ...

but personally, i think concentrating on one gal, if really cannot make it, then switch target is better than switching targets so fast...

if all you want is s*x, woo the largest pool possible to get the fastest results...law of large numbers never fails

if you love someone, woo until she is married or you no longer feel the love for her.

For guys and girls who are reading this thread, to know whether you really like the other person or not, ask yourself these questions:

1. Take away the person's money. Now that the person needs to depend on you to survive and you are not earning much yourself, will you still want this person?

2. Take away the person's looks. With no money and no superb looks, this person is a pure ordinary person on the street. Nothing special. Maybe even fat. Are you willing to go with this person.

3. Do not change the person. With no looks and no money and not able to change the person's bad habits, can you tolerate this person for the rest of your life without breaking into a tiff with this person and not expecting this person to change anything, i.e. the way this person is, all the way until this person die a natural death.

If your answer to these 3 questions is yes, then this person is the one you are really looking for and you should not give up until this person rejects you dead on.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    if all you want is s*x, woo the largest pool possible to get the fastest results...law of large numbers never fails

if you love someone, woo until she is married or you no longer feel the love for her.
    Yup. Just shoot as many arrows as possible in the shortest time given. Shoot 300 arrows out and surely will ganna one of them one.
    My Photo Albums

to be honest, the person money is not a problem to me, poor or super rich , i am ok.

but for look, i admit, it does affect me...before i made a choice to woo her. i am a human being, i naturally , go for those gal whom i find pleasing look. need not be chio, but look that i like.

but after i married her, i will always remain to her. be it fat, thin, ugly, disfigured, prettier etc.

Quote Originally Posted by surge

If if she is married dont give up. Divorce rates are quite high nowadays.

never tried wooing a girl... girls woo me... tough luck... anyway i am just too shy...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    If if she is married dont give up. Divorce rates are quite high nowadays.
    extra maritial affairs on the rise as well... oh ya... murder cases also on the rise...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Staying single is best so far...pamper urself. Haha

You can't blame guys for not putting in effort or patience. Sometimes even when a guy is really sincere...wait and wait...effort after effort...does not reap result and sees his intended beau running off with another man. Ends up likely the guy would be tempted to go for flings instead after being 'burnt'....

i doubt things will improve...as people on both sides keep getting hurt and hurting each other...its a vicious cycle. No winners. Fast men, fast women. Everything goes wham bam...even if it's not for sex, couples get together and then split so fast, divorce rates up and so on....sad lah.

On the other hand, there are always people who prefer to look on the brighter side no matter how many times they get hurt. So where do u stand?
    For me...im juz hanging around till some girl can convince me that she's the right one? Not sure if that's the wrong atitude...but sure beats trying to get it on with every potential girl i see.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    Staying single is best so far...pamper urself. Haha

You can't blame guys for not putting in effort or patience. Sometimes even when a guy is really sincere...wait and wait...effort after effort...does not reap result and sees his intended beau running off with another man. Ends up likely the guy would be tempted to go for flings instead after being 'burnt'....

i doubt things will improve...as people on both sides keep getting hurt and hurting each other...its a vicious cycle. No winners. Fast men, fast women. Everything goes wham bam...even if it's not for sex, couples get together and then split so fast, divorce rates up and so on....sad lah.

On the other hand, there are always people who prefer to look on the brighter side no matter how many times they get hurt. So where do u stand?
    For me...im juz hanging around till some girl can convince me that she's the right one? Not sure if that's the wrong atitude...but sure beats trying to get it on with every potential girl i see.
    I agree with you. Staying single has all the advantages. Me too, just hanging around until a nice girl comes along.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    I agree with you. Staying single has all the advantages. Me too, just hanging around until a nice girl comes along.
    And me too. Maybe we could all form a bachelors' club!
    Well for me, I'm just damn good at being alone. But I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Women are nothing but trouble.

And men are nothing but trouble-seekers.

Ha Ha Ha very funny, so far any Nikon female users get things from you, kana boycott liao ....
    Last edited by billpepsi; 28th April 2005 at 04:42 PM.

Hey Snowspeeder! Good idea! It will be ClubSnap's Bachelors Club! Only for Members. Ha ha ha ha. Why not, yeah?
    My Photo Albums

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    And me too. Maybe we could all form a bachelors' club!
    Well for me, I'm just damn good at being alone. But I don't like it.
    Girl chasing is waste of time & $, count me in!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast