Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hand-carrying onto airplane

Default hand-carrying onto airplane

What's the latest on the hand-carrying policy for boarding planes? If I remember, each passenger can only have 1 hand-carry, although many times this policy is waived.

I will be going on a trip, and will be bringing my laptop and DSLR. Definitely want to hand-carry them in. However, I don't have a bag big enough to hold both equipment together, so I will have 2 bags. Will there be a problem boarding the plane?

The bags are likely to be:
    1. Crumpler 15 Love
    2. A back-pack or laptop bag for my 15.4" laptop.

Thanks,

I don't think it will be a problem.

should be no problem...

What's the latest on the hand-carrying policy for boarding planes? If I remember, each passenger can only have 1 hand-carry, although many times this policy is waived.

I will be going on a trip, and will be bringing my laptop and DSLR. Definitely want to hand-carry them in. However, I don't have a bag big enough to hold both equipment together, so I will have 2 bags. Will there be a problem boarding the plane?

The bags are likely to be:
    1. Crumpler 15 Love
    2. A back-pack or laptop bag for my 15.4" laptop.
    I fly in and out of SG all the time... coming back on may 4-12 again. no problem I handcarry my lowepro minitrekker aw filled with camera stuff... and my fujitsu notebook bag always no prob~ hehe even done that and carried a paper bag... also can! *smile*
    Budget wedding photographer :)

What about tripods? can that be hand carry too? does it need to be sealed inside a tripod bag?

oh yeah, forgot to mention. my tripod usually attached to my bag. last round i brought my monopod. shouldn't be a problem. secure it to your bag or sth... if not check it in with ur luggage (inside ur luggage)
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    What about tripods? can that be hand carry too? does it need to be sealed inside a tripod bag?
    I know it can be hand carried, cause i hand carried mine.

No problem at all. Don't worry too much.

Get the new Lowepro Computrekker Plus AW!!

One bag fits all!! Got mine at Cathay abt $175. The bag which you can dump almost everything in.

If you find it too heavy to carry it around in the airport, you can always get a roller (costs abt $30 at travel shops). It becomes Roller Computrekker AW! Haha....

If you find it too heavy to carry it around in the airport, you can always get a roller (costs abt $30 at travel shops). It becomes Roller Computrekker AW! Haha....

Haha.... At least I did that and it saved me 100 bucks to get the roller computrekker!

One personal bag (can be laptop bag) is allowed apart from the one handluggage.......apparently, that perosonal bag is not considered handluggage :-)

And I always carry my tripod like an M16.........they think I am an air marshall....everybody feels safe.

HS

i carry my nature trekker peacefully. No problem.
    But i never bring my tripod though. I won't need it anyway on the plane

Can the Computrekker Plus and Nature Trekker fit into the overhead compartments ah?

Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L
    Can the Computrekker Plus and Nature Trekker fit into the overhead compartments ah?
    Yes. No prob at all.

always carry my tripod and lowepro onto plane, no probs

thanks, pple. actually, this is a biz trip but I thought may be a good opp to go there to take some pixs. I can afford to have my laptop or camera check in.

thankfully, I don't think I need to bring a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by arttl
    Yes. No prob at all.
    what about Crumpler Farmer Double - can it be hand-carried in, and does it fit into the compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    I fly in and out of SG all the time... coming back on may 4-12 again. no problem I handcarry my lowepro minitrekker aw filled with camera stuff... and my fujitsu notebook bag always no prob~ hehe even done that and carried a paper bag... also can! *smile*
    Yo ParkerTR, when you come back, let's come out for a drink and do a small nature or street shoot leh! Missed you in Thailand that time so "repay" back lah.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Do u all have trouble with vibrations when using rollers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast